• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610 LV bezel , opinions ??

martinpaynebfc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/16
What do we have here? What are you doing with those?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Apologies for the misleading thread, these are CF Hulk Inserts what my supplier is selling at the moment he posted this photo so I attached into here to see opinions,

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Apologies for the misleading thread, these are CF Hulk Inserts what my supplier is selling at the moment he posted this photo so I attached into here to see opinions,

Thanks.

Who’s the supplier? Puretime?

martinpaynebfc

16/11/16
What do we have here? What are you doing with those?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks.

connor86

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/13
Having owned all the lv inserts previously made(gen included), i think the cf is still too pale green. Total no imho.
Apple green insert we have seen in some of the v7 subs is still unbeaten.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
hokim I don't have enough experience yet with this hobby to know why the crystal is sitting so low, the crystal is a prof Prof crystal. I installed the insert by hand, it feels and looks to be seated. I did order a press from amazon, I will see if using press helps seats it further. If it doesn't, then I will need a taller crystal gasket? I am open to suggestions on how to correct.

The insert dimensions are the same, I didn’t use the ARF crystal as it sits too high because of the larger bevel imo. I used a noob crystal with a prof cyclops I attached as the bevel is less and leaves that little gap between the crystal and the insert whilst sitting at the right hight. I found the ARF Crystal left no gap at all which looks weird

hokim

9/5/19
Based on pics across this thread, it looks like the CF is pretty close in color to the ARF. The ARF insert doesn’t look too terrible to begin with, IMO. I have a noob which is much darker color so I’m hoping the CF will be a refreshing change for me.

Reactions: KJ2020

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Based on pics across this thread, it looks like the CF is pretty close in color to the ARF. The ARF insert doesn’t look too terrible to begin with, IMO. I have a noob which is much darker color so I’m hoping the CF will be a refreshing change for me.

Comparing in the daylight they change colours differently. The ARF has a translucent hue if that makes sense but the CF has a more apple colour on some angles and so does the ARF lol it’s such head f***. To be honest the most apple colour insert without being to light green is the eBay insert. That with spongebob mod will be good. I’m going to try that next and compare.
I have an all gen parts 116613LB in ARF case and the ARF blue insert is spot on on some angles but others completely different. I guess it comes down to the materials the factories use. It’s obvious Rolex use a certain cocktail to make their inserts and the reps can mess with static colour as much as they like but it just won’t behave like the gen

Reactions: Tobel and KJ2020

Timewellspent

Renowned Member
2/4/13
South Florida
Comparing in the daylight they change colours differently. The ARF has a translucent hue if that makes sense but the CF has a more apple colour on some angles and so does the ARF lol it’s such head f***. To be honest the most apple colour insert without being to light green is the eBay insert. That with spongebob mod will be good. I’m going to try that next and compare.
I have an all gen parts 116613LB in ARF case and the ARF blue insert is spot on on some angles but others completely different. I guess it comes down to the materials the factories use. It’s obvious Rolex use a certain cocktail to make their inserts and the reps can mess with static colour as much as they like but it just won’t behave like the gen

I’ve seen someone post the eBay insert but if you have the link could you post it or send me pm, thanks

I would like to compare next to cf

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Where’s the gen vs cf hulk comparison?? I’ve been thinking lately that cf is the closest hue!

Also what matters for a genlike appearance is the distance from inner edge of insert to outer edge of crystal. gen xtal on ARF crowds the ARF insert too much and I’m wondering if cf inner diameter is larger thus solving the problem.. could also be a case dimension thing

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Where’s the gen vs cf hulk comparison?? I’ve been thinking lately that cf is the closest hue!

Also what matters for a genlike appearance is the distance from inner edge of insert to outer edge of crystal. gen xtal on ARF crowds the ARF insert too much and I’m wondering if cf inner diameter is larger thus solving the problem.. could also be a case dimension thing

I have a gen insert coming in the next few days I’ll do a comparison between ARF, CF, VRF, EBAY And the gen all in different lighting conditions.

Reactions: d3s19n and 7Luke

VaderTime

9/10/17
I have a gen insert coming in the next few days I’ll do a comparison between ARF, CF, VRF, EBAY And the gen all in different lighting conditions.

can't wait for your review. I just got my CF LV insert in yesterday lol

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
can't wait for your review. I just got my CF LV insert in yesterday lol

I’ll post a little thread and add pics here also, I want to try and capture as much detail on the colour as possible. I like the shape of the cf insert, the numbers are well finished but the colour of the platinum coating maybe marginally off but not noticeable really. The pearl I found better than ARF. Also received the cf Daytona bezel and it’s very good quality

Reactions: 7Luke

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I’ll post a little thread and add pics here also, I want to try and capture as much detail on the colour as possible. I like the shape of the cf insert, the numbers are well finished but the colour of the platinum coating maybe marginally off but not noticeable really. The pearl I found better than ARF. Also received the cf Daytona bezel and it’s very good quality

Come on, bro. Get with the program. We need pictures. I mean we neeeeeeeedd pictures. I have the cf hulk insert on order. How long did it take from order to shipment? Also have a dealer trying to round up a BP hulk dial too.

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18

Congrats on the gen insert! Try not to be biased in your review LOL jk. Looking forward to it.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Come on, bro. Get with the program. We need pictures. I mean we neeeeeeeedd pictures. I have the cf hulk insert on order. How long did it take from order to shipment? Also have a dealer trying to round up a BP hulk dial too.

Haha ill try get pics up over the weekend, I’m out of town at the moment. Took a couple weeks to get the cf bezel. I need the BP dial or VRF dial also