• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610 LV bezel , opinions ??

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Some people like them thick, lol.

That’s what she said.

On a serious note, where is the best place to sourcenthe CF insert? If there are any around.

Last edited:

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
hokim I don't have enough experience yet with this hobby to know why the crystal is sitting so low, the crystal is a prof Prof crystal. I installed the insert by hand, it feels and looks to be seated. I did order a press from amazon, I will see if using press helps seats it further. If it doesn't, then I will need a taller crystal gasket? I am open to suggestions on how to correct.

It’s seated perfectly it’s the crystal that is 2mm too low. Maybe profs crystal is thinner or maybe you swapped the original gasket??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Here’s a few close up pictures of the ARF , Prof Crystal , Clean Factory ceramic insert. Questions were asked if the bezel is seated ? How high should the Crystal be above bezel height ? It’s slightly above the bezel now.
3f3706a992f27fd25231846d825925f1.jpg
2d8d50b9a8eac0aefb33023b21dde7f9.jpg
c55c8516cccbb9846b18b5c1800a45c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need a taller gasket - + 0.2 mm should do it. The crystal is also seated at an angle - lower on the cyclops side.

Hazing

9/5/19
I haven't had much luck trying to find a CF insert.

How is the BP insert and will a BP insert swap out on an ARF bezel assembly? Anyone have any experience with those, any heads up would be great.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Reactions: Hazing

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
This image was posted on reddit. It's hard to tell a whole lot from these pics, but they help reinforce what other info is posted here.

ty8vwvblv5631.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nivka

hokim

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/19
I haven't had much luck trying to find a CF insert.

How is the BP insert and will a BP insert swap out on an ARF bezel assembly? Anyone have any experience with those, any heads up would be great.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

which TD's did you check with?

Last night i whatsapp messaged Jtimewatch and was told that neither the green nor black CF inserts were available because the CF factory has been supplying directly to ZZF factory for ZZF to produce subs. ZZF black sub is already out, ZZF hulk may be released in the coming few weeks.

Then again last night I emailed PureTime and was told that the green insert is in stock but the black insert isn't. I haven't yet sent payment nor seen any QC pics of the green insert so I don't know 100% for sure if it is in stock, but I'm just going by their word for now.

tenx139

Renowned Member
16/5/19
US
hokim I ordered the CF LV bezel from Puretime that is featured in the photos in this thread, 3 days for QC pics after I confirmed with Jennifer that it was available. Very simple and easy transaction with Puretime. My experience with making almost twenty transactions this year with PT, they are rock solid, I have no zero issues with delivery after I learned to first confirm via messaging that a product is in stock and available.

Reactions: KJ2020 and hokim

hokim

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/19
hokim I ordered the CF LV bezel from Puretime that is featured in the photos in this thread, 3 days for QC pics after I confirmed with Jennifer that it was available. Very simple and easy transaction with Puretime. My experience with making almost twenty transactions this year with PT, they are rock solid, I have no zero issues with delivery after I learned to first confirm via messaging that a product is in stock and available.

Thanks for sharing. Good to know they've got the CF LV insert in stock; I'd better get one ASAP just in case!

I forgot if you posted about this earlier in this thread, but did you just get the insert and not the bezel? If only the insert, how was your experience installing it into whatever bezel you have? I have a noob v7 that I picked up in M2M here, it sounds like the CF insert will fit right into the noob bezel. I saw a video on how to pop off the bezel assembly so I'm not concerned about that, but I'm not sure how the insert is attached to the bezel. Would the stock noob insert just come apart from the bezel once I pop off the entire bezel assembly, or is the insert glued/attached to the bezel somehow? I just want to educate myself of the process in prior to execution. Thanks in advance for your reply.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks for sharing. Good to know they've got the CF LV insert in stock; I'd better get one ASAP just in case!

I forgot if you posted about this earlier in this thread, but did you just get the insert and not the bezel? If only the insert, how was your experience installing it into whatever bezel you have? I have a noob v7 that I picked up in M2M here, it sounds like the CF insert will fit right into the noob bezel. I saw a video on how to pop off the bezel assembly so I'm not concerned about that, but I'm not sure how the insert is attached to the bezel. Would the stock noob insert just come apart from the bezel once I pop off the entire bezel assembly, or is the insert glued/attached to the bezel somehow? I just want to educate myself of the process in prior to execution. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Some info here about bezels

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-on-a-rolex-gmt-rep-gmf?p=7988048#post7988048

tenx139

Renowned Member
16/5/19
US
hokim The CF LV is the ceramic insert only, the insert I replaced the insert on ARF, its a friction fit (no adhesive), the removal went easy since I was not concerned about breaking the stock insert, I broke it at the pearl and pulled the pieces out, the installation of the new CF insert was a little nerve racking, the insert is delicate feeling. I read the instructions and suggestions on the forum. I took my time and worked it uniformly around the edges till it sat flush in the bezel assembly. I am new to this hobby, and learning as I go, from looks of reading and support from others on the forum. I have zero experience with the NOOBs, so I can't help you with any questions about them. Good luck!

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
I love CF bezel inserts. never seen one in person but yeah it seems like the most genlike out there save the non-creme pearl. This green looks apple green but maybe too pale with not enough green saturation

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I love CF bezel inserts. never seen one in person but yeah it seems like the most genlike out there save the non-creme pearl. This green looks apple green but maybe too pale with not enough green saturation

This

Reactions: AlphaProt

Hazing

9/5/19
Last night i whatsapp messaged Jtimewatch and was told that neither the green nor black CF inserts were available because the CF factory has been supplying directly to ZZF factory for ZZF to produce subs. ZZF black sub is already out, ZZF hulk may be released in the coming few weeks.

Thank you for the heads up I emailed PT and Jennifer told me she can source it. Fingers crossed.

Last edited: