• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610 LV bezel , opinions ??

tenx139

Renowned Member
16/5/19
US
c39e48af0fd0cfeceda4f671cc07ecc7.jpg
775eeb8b192f1de0683507ba92430cea.jpg

smoke QC pictures from Puretime attached. Once I receive the insert , I will post additional pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Runna180haiza

hokim

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/19
c39e48af0fd0cfeceda4f671cc07ecc7.jpg
775eeb8b192f1de0683507ba92430cea.jpg

smoke QC pictures from Puretime attached. Once I receive the insert , I will post additional pictures.

So anxious, can't wait to see more pics and hear your perspectives when you receive the insert.
A detailed review by jtimewatch would be awesome too ... *fingers crossed*
Hoping the Clean insert turns out to be the closest thing to gen out there; that would be a godsend.

Bigcity777

31/7/19
US / Closing deals
I've got a VRF vr3135 116610lv from the latest batch and Imop the insert looks pretty good.. this is mine with a GEN crystal..

Last edited:

shortlegs

31/5/19
Bigcity777 How is this related to the Clean factory insert? But nice rep nonetheless! The green is close but as Smoke pointed out before it's still not correct.

Bigcity777

31/7/19
US / Closing deals
Bigcity777 How is this related to the Clean factory insert? But nice rep nonetheless! The green is close but as Smoke pointed out before it's still not correct.

Its wasnt directly related to the clean insert topic but there was a comment about the VRF bezel not being that good and I was just posting a pic of mine in natural sunlight for a different view and comparison to the clean factory bezel ...wasnt trying to go off topic...

shortlegs

31/5/19
Its wasnt directly related to the clean insert topic but there was a comment about the VRF bezel not being that good and I was just posting a pic of mine in natural sunlight for a different view and comparison to the clean factory bezel ...wasnt trying to go off topic...

Ha no not implying that you are. But problem with LV inserts that unless they are compared directly next to each other, it's so hard to see if they are close to gen or not. I have not dared to make the leap yet because of this, hope the CF one would be worth it..

Bigcity777

31/7/19
US / Closing deals
Yes I'm waiting to see a review and comparison with gen side by side as well .. but after I've seen the macro shots on the CF bezel triangle with the flat top i wont be able to unsee that. I hope they will fix that ... damn macro shots are the devil !!

Last edited:

hokim

9/5/19
Yes I'm waiting to see a review and comparison with gen side by side as well .. but after I've seen the macro shots on the CF bezel triangle with the flat top i wont be able to unsee that. I hope they will fix that ... damn macro shots are the devil !!

Can you further elaborate what you mean by the bezel triangle’s flat top?

Bigcity777

31/7/19
US / Closing deals
Can you further elaborate what you mean by the bezel triangle’s flat top?

If you look really close at the top of the bezel triangle on the gen it dosent go completely straight across like a straight line connecting the triangle it has a very slight curvature following the dial. and on the CF bezel insert on some of the photos I've seen and also on a thread doing a comparison between AR factory and noob along with ZZF the CF insert dosent have that slight curvature it has a straight line ..

Reactions: AlphaProt

hokim

9/5/19
If you look really close at the top of the bezel triangle on the gen it dosent go completely straight across like a straight line connecting the triangle it has a very slight curvature following the dial. and on the CF bezel insert on some of the photos I've seen and also on a thread doing a comparison between AR factory and noob along with ZZF the CF insert dosent have that slight curvature it has a straight line ..

Ah, I see. I checked my noob bezel insert and agree with you that the top of the triangle has as curvature. Thanks for clarifying.
I guess I personally can live with a straight triangle top, as long as the bezel insert color is close to gen. A trade-off I suppose.

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Ah, I see. I checked my noob bezel insert and agree with you that the top of the triangle has as curvature. Thanks for clarifying.
I guess I personally can live with a straight triangle top, as long as the bezel insert color is close to gen. A trade-off I suppose.

You can’t see it on the wrist. I’ve got one of these inserts on my ARF. I’ve had 2 gen 116610s and a Franken with a gen bezel, I can’t tell the difference between these inserts. They’re very very good.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Bigcity777

31/7/19
US / Closing deals
You can’t see it on the wrist. I’ve got one of these inserts on my ARF. I’ve had 2 gen 116610s and a Franken with a gen bezel, I can’t tell the difference between these inserts. They’re very very good.
I agree ... most of the things that we nit pick about will almost NEVER been seen on the wrist .. and there are probably only 2% of the population that could call you out even after a close inspection with one of these higher end reps and forget about a Franken.. there aren't even some jewelers that know about all the tells that the true professionals on this forum know about on EVERY model and reference number .. but we are ALL OCD that's why we love this hobby so much ... I remember going into a high end jewelry store that had used rolexs not so long ago and was looking at what they said was a 126334 Datejust 41 but thinking it looked funny then after closer inspection I realized it was Auctally a older datejust 2 with the wider Auctal 41mm case but with a thinner fluted bezel from the datejust 41 and it left a weird space on the top of the case and when I told him what was wrong he was completely puzzled and was convinced it was a newer datejust 41 .. then I told him to open the back and if it was a true datejust 41 it would have the new 3235 movement and low and behold it had the older 3136 movement so proving it was the older datejust 2 .. moral of the story even the guy at the high end store didnt know what us on the forum know .. just my 2cents

Last edited:
Reactions: bill33 and KJ2020

71bucks

18/5/10
Looks like the engraving for the numbers is much cleaner/smoother, but the color looks the same.

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
tenx139 awesome post!! Just what we needed.

ARF Pearl looks more correct cream.

Clean engravings win except maybe for the top of the triangle.

green color? They are different and need a gen side-by-side to judge but the little voice in my head is saying both are off. Juicy colors though! As a fantasy and not knowing which one is closer to gen I would choose clean engraving on ARF green color with ARF pearl
Thanks again