• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fogging problem on dj41 ARF

Mustaf19

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/6/19
Hello, I received my datejust 41 rhodium this Saturday. Until today I had no problems. But today, fog appeared on the window. Like a thin film of grey on the glass. I didn't put it in the water. I just wore it on my wrist and just sweated from my wrist. Mist can't just appear with a little wrist sweating... Has anyone ever had the same problem? Do you have any solutions? I have contacted my TD (JTIME) to tell him, I am waiting for him to answer me. If someone finds a solution I'd be really happy!

processengr

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/15
Hello, I received my datejust 41 rhodium this Saturday. Until today I had no problems. But today, fog appeared on the window. Like a thin film of grey on the glass. I didn't put it in the water. I just wore it on my wrist and just sweated from my wrist. Mist can't just appear with a little wrist sweating... Has anyone ever had the same problem? Do you have any solutions? I have contacted my TD (JTIME) to tell him, I am waiting for him to answer me. If someone finds a solution I'd be really happy!

Usually moisture condenses when moist air meets a cooler surface.
Try putting your watch in a sealed bag with desiccant or rice from unopened bag with the crown unscrewed and pulled out for a day to dry it out internally.

Mustaf19

12/6/19
Usually moisture condenses when moist air meets a cooler surface.
Try putting your watch in a sealed bag with desiccant or rice from unopened bag with the crown unscrewed and pulled out for a day to dry it out internally.

Thank you for your answer. I put the watch on the dial side and unscrewed the crown. I'm waiting like this. I think I'll leave it as it is until tomorrow morning and if tomorrow the fog is still present then I try rice. What do you think of that?

processengr

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/15
This could help only if the humidity is low. The rice in a sealed bag will reduce the moisture inside the watch. When you screw the crown back in, it should be sealed from moisture.

Mustaf19

12/6/19
This could help only if the humidity is low. The rice in a sealed bag will reduce the moisture inside the watch. When you screw the crown back in, it should be sealed from moisture.

All right. I put it in a plastic bag filled with rice. I have more to wait and we'll see in a few hours...

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
Rice can only bait chinese underpaid children to come over and fix it for you. If as you say you didn't get the watch wet and this happened, it will obviously happen again. Then you would have to pay someone to solve the potential issues caused to the watch. Also rice can include some powder created by friction, and you just don't want that stuff in your watch.

optical

Renowned Member
31/1/10
This doesnt mean the watch has had water in it, I have had something like this happen to my watches that i know is water resistant. Here's how it goes.
You are in another country, that has high humidity (like a lot in asia for instance) and you open the crown, and set time, what ever, and that high humid air gets into the watch, and you seal it in with a screwdown crown.
Then you come back home, to a southern winter, and all that humid air in the watch meets colder temperatures, and starts to fog up due to the moisture in the air solidifying.

I left the crown open for a few days so it would get the drier air inside. Putting into a sealed ziplog bag with those moisture gel packs will help even more.

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
The OP wore his watch for a few days only. No travel between tropic and boreal climat so far. That change in air humidity shouldn't be the cause.
IMHO the fog is from his sweat. I suppose the case back seal is missing or not placed properly by the factory. I am afraid Asmodeus is right and this watch has to see a watch smith.

Mustaf19

12/6/19
Yes, I only wore it for a few days without travelling. However, yesterday it was very, very hot here. It's a heat wave. Could it be due to her? It was over 40 degrees.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
There’s a leak somewhere and you probably want to fix it. Have it pressure tested and fix the leak for the sake of your movement. It’s a rep, they may look great but they weren’t made to be water resistance.

Mustaf19

12/6/19
There’s a leak somewhere and you probably want to fix it. Have it pressure tested and fix the leak for the sake of your movement. It’s a rep, they may look great but they weren’t made to be water resistance.

Yes, I think that's it. I'll try to find a store that will fix it here in France... it's a fake so the stores don't like to touch it here...

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Open the caseback and let it air dry or use a hair dryer!

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Yes, I think that's it. I'll try to find a store that will fix it here in France... it's a fake so the stores don't like to touch it here...

You can get it tested at a qiosk that sells watches, you see them at malls all the time in the US. They could care less if it’s a rep and have it pressure tested for leaks. Once found you can contact a modder in your country, look for one in tech section, and have it fixed. It should not be too much. Grease gaskets seals or the crystal is usually the culprit.

Last edited:

Mustaf19

12/6/19
You can get it tested at a qiosk that sells watches, you see them at malls all the time in the US. They could care less if it’s a rep and have it pressure tested for leaks. Once found you can contact a modder in your country, look for one in tech section, and have it fixed. It should not be too much. Grease gaskets seals or the crystal is usually the culprit.

Yes, I'll wait until tomorrow and see if the fog goes away. And then I'd probably see a store in a mall for a test. Thank you all so much for your help, it's great to have a community like this.