• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gold Rolex

jepp90

Horology Curious
17/11/17
Hi guys,

i know it's not the most popular topic, but i want to give it a try and maybe you could help me.
Basically i want to buy a replica "stock" Rolex. Don't really car which model (Datejust,Daytona etc.)

Can you guys give me some advise what to buy, what have the least flaws/hardest to callout?
Wrapped or plated?
Full gold bracelet or two tone?

Any help is appreciated :)

watch_is_up

Horology Curious
4/12/18
There's always a big debate on whether to get plated or wrapped and also a decent price difference. Some people say their plated has held up well others have had bad luck. It's up to your budget and preference whether you want to get a wrapped over a plated watch.

The Oyster Perpetual 39 is pretty good but it's stainless steel.

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
I’ve had a few pieces both rose and yellow gold and personally found the yellow gold plating holds up better than the rose. Depends on what budget you’re looking to spend but I’d say YG is a safer bet, I just had a rose watch replated in rose gold and although it looks amazing it isn’t a cheap process

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
I just picked up a Tiger Concept Day Date in rose gold- Tiger says it's ion plated
http://tiger-concept.com/dd-watch.html
It's holding up fine after a month- I've heard that ion plating is much more durable than plated or wrapped- we shall see!
I even thought about getting that watch in yellow gold and seeing if I could swap in a Rolex dial and an eta movement.
So far the DG2822 movement is doing fine, but every week or so I have to kick it up a minute or two. Not that big a deal.