• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rattling noise in SH3135 movement

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19
Hi guys,

I just got my JF sub 16610 with SH3135 movement last week.
Unfortunately, I noticed that the watch is giving a rattling noise whenever i shake or even move my wrist.
I am worried if any of the watch parts has gone loose inside.

I know that it is recommended to get the SH3135 serviced as soon as possible,

but does anyone knows the reason of this 'rattling' sound made by the watch?
(I have not opened the case back so i'm not sure if any parts has gone loose).

However,
-the watch is keeping good time
-No prob with date change, hour hands and minutes
-no faults found in hand winding

Let me know if you guys had experienced the same problem

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
If you want to try to open the back, take one link screw out or take a springbar out of the clasp to open up the bracelet flat. Then wad up some masking tape sticky side out to about the size of a golf ball. Smash the tape ball into the case back and turn it loose.

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19
If you want to try to open the back, take one link screw out or take a springbar out of the clasp to open up the bracelet flat. Then wad up some masking tape sticky side out to about the size of a golf ball. Smash the tape ball into the case back and turn it loose.

Tried to open the case-back just to see for loose parts/screws.
Cant seem to find anything.
I have attached the pictures. Can you spot anything suspicious?

aluminum oxide alumina
(I apologize for the quality of the pictures)

Tried shaking the watch while the case-back is open.
And yes, it still gives a rattling sound.
Maybe its coming from the inside.:(

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Try holding the rotor fixed and shake the watch. You really shouldn't touch anything inside the case wirh bare fingers so you can use plastic wrap to insulate. See if the rotor wobbles from side to side, it might be loose. Rotate the rotor and see if it catches on anything. Check the 2 movement tabs and screws, are they anchored?

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
I realise sometimes its the small little barrels tjat JF fit in the bracelet links that are rattling

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Try holding the rotor fixed and shake the watch. You really shouldn't touch anything inside the case wirh bare fingers so you can use plastic wrap to insulate. See if the rotor wobbles from side to side, it might be loose. Rotate the rotor and see if it catches on anything. Check the 2 movement tabs and screws, are they anchored?

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus

Absolutely check this first. Sometimes the rotor pin lock can be in the locked position without being seated correctly. This will give you a noisy watch :/

It does not look like you have any screws missing.

definitely check the rotor first before moving on. Rubber gloves or saran wrap as mentioned above is suggested, but it will not hurt the rotor pivot if you use your clean bare finger tip.

good luck

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19
I realise sometimes its the small little barrels tjat JF fit in the bracelet links that are rattling

You are totally right!
i tried removing the bracelet, and it totally makes the noise.
Did you ignore the noise or did you change anything towards your watch?