• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Daytona 116520 Cosmograph SS 40mm, Ice Blue Dial, Brown Insert

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
Hey folks,

does anybody know if this daytona model is available as REP?
Or is this the REP: http://www.trustytime01.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_6&products_id=19560
But that dial is much too light whre as the bezel is much to dark, nearly black?

rolexdaytona116520cosykkdz.jpg

Last edited:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Are you serious? You would find this piece repped within one or two minutes of browsing a TDs stock. Both ARF and noob made this additional to other lower end factories.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Also that watch on your pic is a horribly executed custom job.

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
Are you serious? You would find this piece repped within one or two minutes of browsing a TDs stock. Both ARF and noob made this additional to other lower end factories.

Yaeh, I am serious!!!!
Because all the TD's show a very light blue dial and a very dark brown, nearly black. (See my link to Trusty in my first posting).
The watch (GEN) on the pic above has a more darker blue dial. On the other hand the brown of the bezel and the subdials are much lighter.
Therefore I can't magine it's only a matter of the light.
Therefore my question...

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Yaeh, I am serious!!!!
Because all the TD's show a very light blue dial and a very dark brown, nearly black. (See my link to Trusty in my first posting).
The watch (GEN) on the pic above has a more darker blue dial. On the other hand the brown of the bezel and the subdials are much lighter.
Therefore I can't magine it's only a matter of the light.
Therefore my question...

The watch you posted isn’t gen. It’s a shitty aftermarket dial and bezel on a regular SS Daytona. Compare dial print, colour and finish as well as bezel to a 116506. Two different worlds in terms of looks.

The watch you linked is the best to possibly get but also has several flaws as every rep. But hey, you’re just paying a fraction of the price.

The bezel on that noob is indeed brown and like it should be colour wise. Look at the QC pics from trusty and you’ll be able to see the brown. Trusty’s pics are always oversaturated and make colours appear darker than they actually are.

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
$50k gen.. bad rep sells for $15k ... fools and their money :scratches head:

Some “great deals” to be had on the bay :)

CarlosFFF

25/6/13
OP, as you may have gathered from others' responses, that watch on eBay is not genuine.

The replica, which you linked to in your first post, correctly features both a lighter dial and a darker bezel.

Reactions: Foxxfire

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
OP, as you may have gathered from others' responses, that watch on eBay is not genuine.

The replica, which you linked to in your first post, correctly features both a lighter dial and a darker bezel.

Thank you, Sir.
That are valuable infos for me.

MadWatcher

Known Member
20/3/19
Thank you for your quick and informativ reply.

The watch is sold on Ebay:

Therefore I believed it's GEN and was astonished about that darker blue of the dial, because the regular iceblue dial is too light for my eyes.

The darker dial in your picture is because of shitty lighting when the picture was taken.

The base maybe gen but who knows? The dial and bezel which is the main aesthetics of the watch looks like crap. It looks a fake watch. The dial looks like a Noob because the sub dial doesn't have individual sunbursts and the bezel look like some cheap crap you can find on eBay. I would rather were a Citizen watch then that fake looking eBay one LOL

Take a look at these pictures
https://www.intime04.co/rollie/5961-...et-sa4130.html

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hey folks,

does anybody know if this daytona model is available as REP? Or is this the REP: http://www.trustytime01.cc/index.php...ducts_id=19560
But that dial is much too light whre as the bezel is much to dark, nearly black?

rolexdaytona116520cosykkdz.jpg

I have the Noob you linked. BTW it is a 116506, not a 116520. The ice blue dials with brown subdials are hard to capture accurately in images. The brown subdials often look black. However there are many aftermarket ice blue dials that don't even bother and just use black subdials.

The Noob is a decent rep color-wise as you can see in the pics below, and it has the brown subdials. The ARF also has individual subdial sunbursts and a slightly paler color. Both are pretty close to gen. The pic you posted has a very bad dial and bezel on it. Compare to the gen and the Noob. Look at the bezel engravings, the size of the hour markers, the sunbursts, the dial text, etc. The spacing of the word
C O S M O G R A PH, the T SWISS MADE T on your pic, all dead giveaways. Plus the hour and minute hands are too skinny and wrong for this dial and bezel. Best place to compare watches you find to gen is Rolex website. No amount of bad lighting can hide the obvious flaws in the pic you posted.

15636296575980.jpg
​​​​​​

15636297659730.jpg

Last edited: