• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Sub currently available?

thechrono

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/7/19
f4175d5165dfa2c9a6aa674ad1c249d9.jpg
. Franken Using ARF sub 3135 case and bracelet .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jiokercrazy

Hulk2546

Horology Curious
9/6/19
Its4me
i totally agree with you man.... you said exactly what I was thinking about .... thank you man

jb3

17/4/17
USA
I totally agree...being lazy and expecting to be spoon fed information is the new norm. There are literally dozens of threads from some of the best minds and eyes in the rep business here in this forum just waiting to be read so you can make an informed decision. This is a forum and there IS a library of information literally at your fingertips.

I get it you are new here...I was new once too and probably asked some stupid questions. Hopefully you stick around and enjoy the wealth of information that has been authored and curated by this great community.

I will give you one place to start - read every thread where smoke is commenting on a sub...

Last edited:
Reactions: SUBKILLER

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Terrible some ppl here in this forum! Thats a forum and not a library...so if every month is asked the same question so what...Who wants to asnwer can do it who dont want, dont answer...simple.
But taking time to write some stupid stuff is so unnecessary!!! Sorry but when someone need some actual information why to read 1000 of site...? I mean you will find for that question „best replica sub at moment“ not an answer in one thread...you have to read about movements, dials, bezel etc all that stuff...and then you find different discussions and different opinions of ppl that you fast can loose the point. Im also new and i read a lot...but in other forum (electronic repairs) im guru and know that there will be same threads ever month....but thats what makes a forum live!!! New discussion on old thematic!!! Summarys, updates and so on.....

So back to the thread. Im also searching a sub and trying to figure out what is the best?
So what i read here there is right now not that perfect rep for the sub.

ARF - good bracelet, good sel, good dial - bad movement sh3135, (maybe dad datewheel)

noob v9 - good case, bad movement SA3135 also not genlike rehaut fonts, bad color

ZZF - good bezel, bad dials, not genlike datewheel position (crown), terrible rehaut fonts

VRF- best 3135 clone movement with VR3135, good dial, i read bad bracelet (but here i read the most about hulk not the black)

so you see like someone before me said...the best would be a mix. Out of the box i csnt really say...maybe the VRF? I didnt found much, in video looks good and have that VR3135 movement. Maybe also a ARF but not with that SH3135 movement?

so you see its very hard to say actual...but maybe someone have more informations

I'm not sure to understand your point: this posts shows that you have spent time to read and educate yourself on the topic even though your post count is low. From there we can have a conversation and more expert members can help you. That's exactly the behaviour that is expected.

​​​​​​On the contrary there's folks who join here because they want a watch, they don't read anything, nor even the basic rules of the community, and they consider that they DESERVE to be helped like it's the genius bar at Apple, then they're usually never heard of again. This is lazy and disrespectful. When you join a community, whatever it is, the first thing is to take time to understand how it works and to respect others

Think about this, why would senior members stay on this forum if it just became a bunch of useless basic threads with no additional information?

PETROLHE4D

Known Member
21/1/19
Terrible some ppl here in this forum! Thats a forum and not a library...so if every month is asked the same question so what...Who wants to asnwer can do it who dont want, dont answer...simple.
But taking time to write some stupid stuff is so unnecessary!!! Sorry but when someone need some actual information why to read 1000 of site...? I mean you will find for that question „best replica sub at moment“ not an answer in one thread...you have to read about movements, dials, bezel etc all that stuff...and then you find different discussions and different opinions of ppl that you fast can loose the point. Im also new and i read a lot...but in other forum (electronic repairs) im guru and know that there will be same threads ever month....but thats what makes a forum live!!! New discussion on old thematic!!! Summarys, updates and so on.....

So back to the thread. Im also searching a sub and trying to figure out what is the best?

ARF - good bracelet, good sel, good dial - bad movement sh3135, (maybe dad datewheel)

noob v9 - good case, bad movement SA3135 also not genlike rehaut fonts, bad color

ZZF - good bezel, bad dials, not genlike datewheel position (crown), terrible rehaut fonts

VRF- best 3135 clone movement with VR3135, good dial, i read bad bracelet (but here i read the most about hulk not the black)

so you see like someone before me said...the best would be a mix. Out of the box i csnt really say...maybe the VRF? I didnt found much, in video looks good and have that VR3135 movement. Maybe also a ARF but not with that SH3135 movement?

so you see its very hard to say actual...but maybe someone have more informations

Couldn't agree more with you. People in this forum are very selfish, they only respond to the threads they care or threads that are useful for them.

Best option in my opinion for the 116610 Submariner without spending way too much money is the ARF 3135, install a 150 USD Gen date wheel, and a Prof. Steve crystal black hole.

Last edited:

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
Best option is to start with a no-date sub so half the issues go away (datewheel, dodgy SH3135 movement) and then accept the fact that there is no perfect single option out of the box and mod the elements that bother you within your available budget. That might mean; a donor ARF watch for the bracelet (obviously gen bracelet is better but they can cost up to nearly $2k), gen bezel insert and crystal, gen dial (they do come up from time to time), you could even source a gen 3131 movement etc etc. Where you stop really depends on you, how deep your pockets are and what flaws you can live with.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Couldn't agree more with you. People in this forum are very selfish, they only respond to the threads they care or threads that are useful for them.

Best option in my opinion for the 116610 Submariner without spending way too much money is the ARF 3135, install a 150 USD Gen date wheel, and a Prof. Steve crystal black hole.

Generalisations like that won't help you, buddy. I see people contributing daily to the forum by posting full photo sets of new models, buying new parts and trying to install them, reporting back whether they work or not (and losing their money while trying, just to inform other members), etc. Others embark on great community projects like creating custom datewheels for specific models, which then they release for everyone to use. It happens daily in many posts.

Maybe you had a bad experience at the beginning but do not let that let you down. The thing is this community will give you more the more you give to it. Tenfold. Just be humble, generous, participate, stay away from stupid puerile fights, etc.

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
If you want a best one. IMO go for BK's Sub. It's a made to order. Basically a V9 Noob but with his mods and ooooh, he's using a real SWISS movement as per the posts in here. =D

its4me

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/19
I'm not sure to understand your point: this posts shows that you have spent time to read and educate yourself on the topic even though your post count is low. From there we can have a conversation and more expert members can help you. That's exactly the behaviour that is expected.

​​​​​​On the contrary there's folks who join here because they want a watch, they don't read anything, nor even the basic rules of the community, and they consider that they DESERVE to be helped like it's the genius bar at Apple, then they're usually never heard of again. This is lazy and disrespectful. When you join a community, whatever it is, the first thing is to take time to understand how it works and to respect others

Think about this, why would senior members stay on this forum if it just became a bunch of useless basic threads with no additional information?

i understand what you mean about that new ones, only joining aks that "xxxx" question and then hoping to get the perfect way answer then leave the community and never see again...1000 of these threads would make the forum to a kind of low and bad quality information forum. My thinking was most to the kind of answer and making it from the beginning that the thread starter is such guy...but you never know? so 5 posts of making jokes no productive answers....so better nothing answer and wait how or if the member will post more and maybe be productive on other threads,

but ok...that is my opinion...every one feel free to act, judge, be friendly/unfriendly, talks more/less....respect the rules and everything is good :)

so at the end you see we are getting also some "actual! informations about the started question....so right now there is no perfect or lets say one factory that makes the sup veeeery good ootb...you can go with ARF which has to be modded (Datewheel) maybe also serviced (if its the serviced)....also NOOb would be a good choice if thinking of modding...maybe VRF too? So im searching too...and i dont whant to mod (at beginning) but i really cant say what to choose.

Maybe someone can give me an update or answer of following:

(black LN one)
- is the Noob v9 now using that VR3135 which is in the newest VRF sub? i read about it in one thread, can someone confirm it? for me the noob would be then very interesting....
- is the ARF SH3135v2, specially that v2 means updated datewheel or it means a kind of 3135 updated version?
- what about the VRF someone order it recent days....want to know how the actual model is...maybe some updates?

thx

Reactions: Tobel

SUBKILLER

Renowned Member
30/7/16
I totally agree...being lazy and expecting to be spoon fed information is the new norm. There are literally dozens of threads from some of the best minds and eyes in the rep business here in this forum just waiting to be read so you can make an informed decision. This is a forum and there IS a library of information literally at your fingertips.

I get it you are new here...I was new once too and probably asked some stupid questions. Hopefully you stick around and enjoy the wealth of information that has been authored and curated by this great community.

I will give you one place to start - read every thread where smoke is commenting on a sub...
@smoke ???? real knowledge

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: muiramas

TimeFocus

Horology Curious
10/6/19
Here’s what I did for my first foray into the replica scene (recently). It involved a purchase from BK and purchase of a gen crystal (shipped to BK), and work from BK and SpongeBob.

BK's Noob Hulk v9 w/ Swiss ETA 2836-2

Includes the following Mods:
Reinstall DWO for better date positions (top to bottom)
Reinstall crystal to line up cyclops to date window
Line up the dial to the rehaut engraving by best-fit effort, i.e. line up the 12 o'clock marker to the engraved Rolex coronet on the rehaut
Set proper crown stem length.
Reduce the crystal height above bezel insert. Stock crystal can be lowered by shortening the crystal gasket
Replace the 2 movement ring tabs with Swiss made ones which better secure the movement in place
Replace the 2 movement ring screws with high quality ones which break less

Place the (separately ordered and sent to BK) gen crystal (and crystal gasket) on the watch but not the crystal retaining ring to lock down the the crystal. That way SpongeBob doesn't have to pop the crystal retaining ring again. Use clear plastics to wrap the watch head so the
crystal won't fall off during transport. SpongeBob can then easily remove the crystal to access the second hand.

Sent from BK to SpongeBob who will do the following:

* platinum plated insert mod
* scallops mod
* bevel the dial markers at 6/9/12
* rebrush the bracelet and clasp
* fill up the second hand pinion to gen like

I’m hoping it will be as nice as I expect.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Here’s what I did for my first foray into the replica scene (recently). It involved a purchase from BK and purchase of a gen crystal (shipped to BK), and work from BK and SpongeBob.

BK's Noob Hulk v9 w/ Swiss ETA 2836-2

Includes the following Mods:
Line up the dial to the rehaut engraving by best-fit effort, i.e. line up the 12 o'clock marker to the engraved Rolex coronet on the rehaut
Reduce the crystal height above bezel insert. Stock crystal can be lowered by shortening the crystal gasket
Replace the 2 movement ring tabs with Swiss made ones which better secure the movement in place

Place the (separately ordered and sent to BK) gen crystal (and crystal gasket) on the watch but not the crystal retaining ring to lock down the the crystal. That way SpongeBob doesn't have to pop the crystal retaining ring again. Use clear plastics to wrap the watch head so the
crystal won't fall off during transport. SpongeBob can then easily remove the crystal to access the second hand.

Sent from BK to SpongeBob who will do the following:

* platinum plated insert mod
* scallops mod
* bevel the dial markers at 6/9/12
* rebrush the bracelet and clasp
* fill up the second hand pinion to gen like

I’m hoping it will be as nice as I expect.

I hope this helps.

What is the end price and whats scallops mod?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Way is see it is newbies should do their own research, the answers / pros and cons are readily available and almost all of those pros and cons are subjective, or at best a balancing act of compromises.

Put a Noob / VRF / ARF and a gen in front of your average newbie and they wouldn’t be able to tell one from the other - so does it matter that much?

TimeFocus

Horology Curious
10/6/19
Gen Crystal $350 shipped to BK

BK's Noob Hulk v9 w/ Swiss ETA 2836-2 mods ($685+40 shipping)

Mods:

Sponge bob
* platinum plated insert mod $195
* scallops mod $35
* bevel the dial markers at 6/9/12 $60
* rebrush the bracelet and clasp $75
* fill up the second hand pinion to gen like $45

Scallops mod: see this thread
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ubmariner-bezel-scallop-mod-brushing-like-gen

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Trying to pick the best sub is like going to a shop full of women and choosing which you prefer. Yes they all, like us, have their flaws but you get the one that suits your taste. So for all those asking which is the best, do your own research and pick the one you like and when something better comes along you can sell the one you have. There are a lot of new people here on the forum making great effort to gain usefull knowledge but then there a few that cant be bothered to read and research, they are probably the ones that still rely on their partner because they dont live with their mommy anymore. My apologies if the last comment fits you and you are enraged by it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

shortlegs

31/5/19
I think its best to just let such threads die off... They only serve to clutter up the forum and make looking for useful threads more difficult.

Reactions: KJ2020

rollie

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
21/8/12

Bunch of f... losers!!