• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mod GMT MASTER II?

masterminddk

Horology Curious
14/7/19
Well i just wan't it to be as good as it can get. I am no expert on what can be done to reps.

Last edited:

shortlegs

31/5/19
Is it just me or are the forums swamped with new members recently?

Saulgman

Certified
21/9/16
muiramas don’t forget the gen certificat and engrave the serial number to make it even better.

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
or just wear it and enjoy.
unless it has obvious flaws, no one will ever notice.
you can mod the hell out of it, but its ultimately still a rep, and people will not see the difference unless you are waving it under the nose of someone knowledgeable.
But, and this just my opinion, a rolex will always draw attention, as its one if not the most replicated watches, so people will often assume its a rep unless you look the part.

shortlegs

31/5/19
muiramas Tobel ouch.. Touché.. Yes I joined 2 months ago after quite a long time of lurking and researching, but I was referring to the many new members who don't bother to read the rules of the forum, or do any research at all, and their post counts never seem to go beyond 10 cos after creating an unnecessary thread they get chided and then they just disappear after.

​​​​​​​I would like to think that hopefully I'm not like that.. I mean, at least I didn't disappear! Ha.. :p​​​​​​

​​

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
muiramas Tobel ouch.. Touché.. Yes I joined 2 months ago after quite a long time of lurking and researching, but I was referring to the many new members who don't bother to read the rules of the forum, or do any research at all, and their post counts never seem to go beyond 10 cos after creating an unnecessary thread they get chided and then they just disappear after.

I would like to think that hopefully I'm not like that.. I mean, at least I didn't disappear! Ha.. :p​​​​​​

​​

No worries mate. I feel the same at the moment, I think it's cyclical. But to Muiramas' post, the watch finder video of the noob Daytona may have generated some unwanted type of attention

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Funny how Noob went dark right after that came out

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
I remember one member here, forgot who, did super franken, full gen beside case. I think is about close to 4k for this franken.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

masterminddk

Horology Curious
14/7/19
If the thread is a problem i guess someone can close it since i solved the problem and it is causing trouble for other veterans i see.

Redheart

17/5/19
I don't think this post is bad, on the contrary it's good! I own the GMF BLRO, and seen all the relevant threads on the biggest fora.

But I would love to see here gathered just the good mods doable for this watch!

What I found is
-the crystal is high
-the SEL are not very good
-obviously the insert color is off, until Rolex releases a color vivid rep like Pepsi ceramic insert of course then our flawed insert becomes gen like!

The rest is pretty gen like me thinks. Even the case shape looks the part but I never saw an in depth case shape comparison to gen. But it's slightly slender than your typical sub.

Last edited: