• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Latest ARF V2 Hulk SH 3135

malibu1962

Horology Curious
15/6/18
I'm totally confused now. Witch one is at the moment the best Rep? The Gen?

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Here is a pic of my V2 ARF with A2824

7874b6b2a538f4870761315c90609129.jpg

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

That looks quite nice to me, looks like they’ve still got the ultra white, flat lume in the Dial markers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
If it's the SH, wouldn't GEN hands work? I've not modded that kind of stuff so I'm not sure.

Gen hands on rep dials always looks Wierd to me, because of the mismatch in Lume colour, noticeable in day light. Just my opinion though

Last edited:

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
botsyboy I'm curious if ARF is using the new case with the LN now. The previous LN V2 had a low stem height/crown position, but it looks like the LV uses a new case with correct stem height. When did you get yours? And could you please post a pick directly from the crown side?

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
botsyboy I'm curious if ARF is using the new case with the LN now. The previous LN V2 had a low stem height/crown position, but it looks like the LV uses a new case with correct stem height. When did you get yours? And could you please post a pick directly from the crown side?

The 3135 like mine has correct high crown position.
54322b7015ae0af7e40ffba513c6a759.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smpfan

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
So jtime can sell also arf sub? I thought that they sell only zzf and clean factory insert.. did they install the insert?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I installed my own insert. Jtime sell most reps like other dealers.

Reactions: cassapanca

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Silly question mate, did it snap in/pressure fit or did you need to stick it in?

Snaps in just as it should on arf and gen.

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
I did it by hand but I’m experienced at doing this sort of work. They are very easy to snap in half and it does always make me nervous doing it!!

go000ob

Renowned Member
3/11/15
I did it by hand but I’m experienced at doing this sort of work. They are very easy to snap in half and it does always make me nervous doing it!!

that's exactly why i'm asking you, i will check with Li if he can install the CF insert on the ARF sub

its4me

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/19
Guys what is your thoughts about the SH3135v2 does it need to be serviced and also replace the reversing wheel ?
Thanks

Im very interested in an answer from a pro too :)

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
Im very interested in an answer from a pro too :)

I’m definitely not a pro, but my experience with these movements is that yhey are great movements right out of the box. I wouldn’t service these until something happens or a couple of years go by. Then even a Gen would warrant a service.
As with any rep movement, your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

its4me

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/19
I’m definitely not a pro, but my experience with these movements is that yhey are great movements right out of the box. I wouldn’t service these until something happens or a couple of years go by. Then even a Gen would warrant a service.
As with any rep movement, your mileage may vary.

Sounds very good...im thinking about to get the ARF with that movement...but was afraid because of that movement and the servicing point. I read the noob v9 putting now the VR3135 as movement so im between noob and ARF :)

Last edited:

watchpit

🍌 go bananas 🍌
Certified
24/4/19
EU
On the one hand side it look promissing, but as smoke stated, there are still a list of flaws. (I know we are talking reps) I'd like to see a perfect green insert colour. Hopefully they can manage this. I'll stay calm and wont pull the trigger on the ARF V2.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
On the one hand side it look promissing, but as smoke stated, there are still a list of flaws. (I know we are talking reps) I'd like to see a perfect green insert colour. Hopefully they can manage this. I'll stay calm and wont pull the trigger on the ARF V2.

I don’t think the reps will ever get the insert right for hulk...

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
Sounds very good...im thinking about to get the ARF with that movement...but was afraid because of that movement and the servicing point. I read the noob v9 putting now the VR3135 as movement so im between noob and ARF :)

I read that the VR comes pretty dry. A service would probably be recommended.
The decision between the two comes down to whether you are going to franken or not. If so, the V9 is the way to go. You change the insert, band and datewheel and you have a killer rep. If not, the arf. That only needs to have the date Wheel upgraded.

good luck

Reactions: its4me

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I've noticed a pretty big flaw .the rehaut engraving is printed wrong on the case in 100 percent of examples I've seen. So far ,so you cant just fix it by turning the dial into alignment with the rehaut.also noticed the crown on the flip lock of the clasp is polished and should be brushed

Last edited:
Reactions: Vvvlllooo