• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610 LN - Base model for franken? (noob v9 is no longer available?)

OmmNom

Horology Curious
13/5/19
California
I purchased the noob v9 from intime a month and a half ago. They got back to me within a week with a QC that I RL due to some alignments I didn't care for. I had been checking in with them every couple weeks to see if they had another one to offer but they were saying that noob factory was on vacation or a break. Anyway, I just received an email from Ryan saying that the noob factory is closed and they are no longer able to get them now. I had done some research previously and came to the conclusion that although the bracelet on the ARF is better, the noob sub was the better one to go with because of my plans to mod it a bit.

I have:
-Prof black hole crystal
-Gen datewheel
-SpongeBob insert

What would be the best base model to get with these mods in mind? I was considering the A2836 simply for future repair bills (I confirmed with my modder that he can mod the DW to get it in the A2836) but could be convinced to go with the newer clone.

nonox

30/3/12
Honestly wait for noob
The new 3135 movement seems to be better than sh3135 from arf and no need to mod to fit gen DW.
The case is almost perfect (arf have boxy lugs)

Try to find a arf bracelet if you want a good SEL.

Noob case
Gen DW
spongbob insert or maybe clean factory v2 insert
Arf bracelet with noob or arf clasp up to you
Prof crystal

And you have a stunning watch

Reactions: OmmNom

OmmNom

Horology Curious
13/5/19
California
Thanks everyone. I didn’t realize noob was coming back, I’ll wait. I want to get it right the first time and hold onto it for the foreseeable future. I just sent an email to Ryan to confirm that noob is back as of today, if so, I’ll definitely go that route.

I have also considered purchasing the arf bracelet but have heard mixed results regarding the fit (without mods) with the noob case.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Honestly wait for noob
The new 3135 movement seems to be better than sh3135 from arf and no need to mod to fit gen DW.
The case is almost perfect (arf have boxy lugs)

Try to find a arf bracelet if you want a good SEL.

Noob case
Gen DW
spongbob insert or maybe clean factory v2 insert
Arf bracelet with noob or arf clasp up to you
Prof crystal

And you have a stunning watch

Is that guy just do the paint job on some existing inserts or he has his own inserts?

RubertPupkin

Looking Around
7/7/19
I have a question regarding the Noob V9 A2836 and the Noob V9 SA3135. This is my first rep and want something that's reliable. I will not be modding. I've been doing a lot of reading and found that the A2836 is the watch for me. Most of the pictures and videos Ive seen of the V9 are of the SA3135. Are there any noticeable differences to the quality of body and bracelet between these two?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Is that guy just do the paint job on some existing inserts or he has his own inserts?

Je does Platinum coating on the inserts you send him, or can provide noob inserts (I think, please check with him)

Last edited:

OmmNom

Horology Curious
13/5/19
California
Je does Platinum coating on the inserts you send him, or can provide noob inserts (I think, please check with him)

That is correct. He provided me with one. Once I get my noob insert back, he said I can sell it to him (so long as the insert is in perfect condition). His work is fantastic. Feels quite backwards waiting for my noob from the factory being that I already have all my mod parts ready. Really looking forward to getting all the work done.

OmmNom

Horology Curious
13/5/19
California
I have a question regarding the Noob V9 A2836 and the Noob V9 SA3135. This is my first rep and want something that's reliable. I will not be modding. I've been doing a lot of reading and found that the A2836 is the watch for me. Most of the pictures and videos Ive seen of the V9 are of the SA3135. Are there any noticeable differences to the quality of body and bracelet between these two?

Thanks in advance.

Based on my understanding, if you’re not looking to mod, better to go with the arf v9.

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
Id go for the v9 with 3135 movt as the asian eta makes the crown sits lower