Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Daytona GEN Check

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daytona GEN Check

Came across this photo on a gen forum.

It's supposedly a GEN with a custom dial installed. The guy later flipped it for another gen.

Since a RSC would never swap in a custom dial he must have had it done at an independent watchmaker - Did he pull a fast one on him and put an ARF bezel and noob bracelet on his gen? (You probably need to click on the image to see the full resolution)

Looks fake to me. Insert markers are quite dark, paint seems to be fading at "units per hour", and the corners of the SELs show a noob sized gap

Comment

You got thunderstruck!

I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
      Blown up for Raquel Welch.
      But when I wind up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey

Comment

What do you think red1 ?

Comment

Case is gen, hands gen, Noob pusher, Arf or JF bezel , cheapie unknown bracelet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ac1013 View Post
            Case is gen, hands gen, Noob pusher, Arf or JF bezel , cheapie unknown bracelet.
            Are you sure the bezel is not just dirty? What's the giveaway besides the darker markers (that I think might just be because of dirt?)

Comment

Wow you’d think peeps on the gen forum would be all over this?

Comment

It looks fake to me. The corner notch in the SEL has a hole where it meets the case similar to a Noob.

The bezel looks fake too. The 120 lines up at the 6 o'clock but the 60 is too far to the right of 12 o'clock. Plus the marking is faded.

Comment

Here is mine, gen 116520 with aftermarket dial and gen bezel

The above one looks like shit

Sent from iX
                  Last edited by guru; 12-07-19, 13:15.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X