• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone get the ZZF 116610 sub yet?

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Actually very good on some aspects but not others.

Insert is superb, it is by far the best rep insert ever produced! No need for genuine. The bezel is nice and very gen in profile with a nice firm click from the springs.

Crystal does have a nice halo around the cyclops but black hole not strong enough and a big fail is a single layer of ar on the underside just like arf do. Magnificationis excellent though and datewheel font is very good. Genuine crystal still needed really.

Dial does have the effect others have shown but only at certain angles and I think this would be even less noticeable without the single ar effect on it.
Print is good and crisp and markers very good, possibly the best on a rep.
The hands are typical rep and don quite match the markers. Slight lume tint to them.

Sels although not quite recessed enough are very good and tight on this example. Bracelet does feel a bit lighter than noob or arf but might feel better after I’ve soaked it and lubed it better. Edges are less sharp than some rep bands. The last link on the 6 side needs pinching in slightly as there is a gap between the centre and side pieces.

Clasp on mine is very nice and even with a firm crisp closure. The edges are rounded like gen too.

Crown guards are not quite right but look ok in the flesh. Crown feels good but obviously a little lower than gen due to 2836.

Rehaut is not good and definitely need improvement in both position and font! Worst aspect of the watch sadly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ecender

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
a5e817ae1a24c0103408a6434add42ff.jpg
bf9c24306c843be62d582d1232535d1c.jpg
f43edc1f111a42e1deea533c24a889be.jpg
089c429579cebbb50682f7ea038b7b4c.jpg
793c6c48f9af4b1135d51549b6430491.jpg
9a26b34c11a1c829696334a5629063c3.jpg
045f903d68de4e7d6380aaf2fed8a8f8.jpg

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Not bad at all, considering it's a hundred bucks less than an ARF or Noob. So, in summary, the only negatives are:

-2836 gets the crown really low
-rehaut (letters not aligned)
-bracelet lighter and not as well finished as ARF

But then, on an ARF you would get a horrible date font, a very mediocre crystal and the deep engravings on the insert, right? And on a Noob you would get the horrible SEL fitting and also mediocre crystal?

Man... this is such a never ending story, haha.

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
Bezel marker’s color look really good! DW magnification looks great too!

Reactions: botsyboy

shortlegs

31/5/19
Actually very good on some aspects but not others.

Insert is superb, it is by far the best rep insert ever produced! No need for genuine. The bezel is nice and very gen in profile with a nice firm click from the springs.

Crystal does have a nice halo around the cyclops but black hole not strong enough and a big fail is a single layer of ar on the underside just like arf do. Magnificationis excellent though and datewheel font is very good. Genuine crystal still needed really.

Dial does have the effect others have shown but only at certain angles and I think this would be even less noticeable without the single ar effect on it.
Print is good and crisp and markers very good, possibly the best on a rep.
The hands are typical rep and don quite match the markers. Slight lume tint to them.

Sels although not quite recessed enough are very good and tight on this example. Bracelet does feel a bit lighter than noob or arf but might feel better after I’ve soaked it and lubed it better. Edges are less sharp than some rep bands. The last link on the 6 side needs pinching in slightly as there is a gap between the centre and side pieces.

Clasp on mine is very nice and even with a firm crisp closure. The edges are rounded like gen too.

Crown guards are not quite right but look ok in the flesh. Crown feels good but obviously a little lower than gen due to 2836.

Rehaut is not good and definitely need improvement in both position and font! Worst aspect of the watch sadly.

Can I ask how easy is it to see the uneven surface of the dial? Is it something that shows up only under strong lighting? Cos this, the rehaut and the crown position are probably the main visual tells. The rehaut and crown probably won't be detrcted unless you take the watch off and hand it to someone else, so I'm wondering if the dial may be a bigger giveaway.

Last edited:

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
The dial looks a lot better on these last shots. But it's hard to judge from still pictures. The insert really looks top notch. :)

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Can I ask how easy is it to see the uneven surface of the dial? Is it something that shows up only under strong lighting? Cos this, the rehaut and the crown position are probably the main visual tells. The rehaut and crown probably won't be detrcted unless you take the watch off and hand it to someone else, so I'm wondering if the dial may be a bigger giveaway.

You only notice the dial in certain light conditions, mainly if you are inside near a window like this shot.
f964f39298c1bcf990879bffc19714b7.jpg

Reactions: Rolemars

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
Dial is an easy fix, buy noob or arf dial from m2m and replace em. Rehaut its not noticeable by other people, but if u are ocd about it wait for V2 and hope they fix it lol.

botsyboy do u know if the arf bracelet fits?

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Not bad at all, considering it's a hundred bucks less than an ARF or Noob. So, in summary, the only negatives are:

-2836 gets the crown really low
-rehaut (letters not aligned)
-bracelet lighter and not as well finished as ARF

But then, on an ARF you would get a horrible date font, a very mediocre crystal and the deep engravings on the insert, right? And on a Noob you would get the horrible SEL fitting and also mediocre crystal?

Man... this is such a never ending story, haha.

ARF case is so off - it’s square. It does not look like case that belongs to a submariner.
Lugs look more like SD than Sub.

Reactions: stufuse

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
ARF case is so off - it’s square. It does not look like case that belongs to a submariner.
Lugs look more like SD than Sub.

So, Noob with ARF bracelet will have to do, I guess...

Laamankka

Known Member
30/4/19
Dial is an easy fix, buy noob or arf dial from m2m and replace em. Rehaut its not noticeable by other people, but if u are ocd about it wait for V2 and hope they fix it lol.

botsyboy do u know if the arf bracelet fits?
Jtime's Li stated that ARF bracelet would fit. I hope it fits because I just ordered one :'D

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
Interested to know too. Post pics later please.

arepuj

Known Member
6/10/11
johnlogan = 4907 posts. And is a respected member of this community. Maybe you can use a more respectful tone next time, 37-postNeo_one ?
That said, VR3135, SH3135, and 2824 in that order. The use of 2836 at this stage of movement development is just plain sad. As KJ2020 has illustrated, the 2836 crown position is just plain wrong. And if you go with/by the "reliability argument," the use of a 2824 movement (as in ARF's) is the better option to using 2836.
Can anyone please tell me diference between 2824 and 2836?
I thought it was same movement but 2836 was the date option.

Is ZZF releasing the Hulk?
Thanks

Enviado desde mi H3113 mediante Tapatalk

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
2824 and 2836 share the same basics but the 2836 is thicker and has a different stem height. The 2824 has more or less the same stem height as a 3135 Rolex movement therefore giving the higher crown position as per gen subs.

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Jtime's Li stated that ARF bracelet would fit. I hope it fits because I just ordered one :'D

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

My zzf bracelet has been soaked in lubricating grease for 5 hours, cleaned, ultrasonic cleaned and now feels way superior. Silky smooth and less rattly so feels more solid and weighty.

Reactions: Laamankka

BlakeDrinkHard

Known Member
6/5/19
That clasp looks on point....rounded edges and no bump in the middle...I wonder if ZZF will sell parts

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
So, Noob with ARF bracelet will have to do, I guess...

Yes noob with ARF bracelet is the way to go.
It’s the best option at the moment.
ARF case is so inaccurate you don’t need to look at date font or dial to notice it’s fake.

Reactions: stufuse

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Yes noob with ARF bracelet is the way to go.
It’s the best option at the moment.
ARF case is so inaccurate you don’t need to look at date font or dial to notice it’s fake.

I've just checked and their ETA clone version doesn't have the crown really THAT low, actually. So you could potentially have a strong longevity movement with a very decent looks. Top it up with ZZF insert and off you go.