• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help! Crown Stuck?! First Rep

Mindcrime007

Looking Around
21/6/19
Hello everyone,

I just got my ARF Rolex Oyster Perpetual and I can’t set the time! The crown is completely stuck, I can’t pull it out and I can’t twist it all. I’m afraid to damage it otherwise I’d take some pliers to it. I’m not sure what to do? I bought this from a TD but they’re not being very helpful.

Is there a trick I’m missing to owning a Rolex Rep? Should I take it to a watch repair shop? Should I keep trying to work with the TD? It’s a disappointing experience with my first Rep, something I was trying to avoid by going with an ARF from a TD right out the gate.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
You're turning it counter clockwise?

May just be stuck / cross threaded - try using a set of needle nose pliers around some wadding to get some more torque.

Reactions: KJ2020

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
As said above, you should be turning it anti-clockwise. If it's not moving then it's either cross threaded or it's been massively over-tightened.

What you need is a set of block nose/snub nose pliers, wrap the ends in several layers of electrical tape, put the pliers in place on the crown, hld the watch very firmly in one hand, squeeze the pliers shut very hard and smoothly turn the crown anti-clockwise.

Reactions: KJ2020