• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Datejust 36mm ARF vs GMF vs DJF

serafim.g

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/10/18
Hello my repfam friends,

I am not here to skip my homework but I am going to pull the trigger on a Rolex Datejust 36mm with Jubilee bracelet... I have been searching the forum for 4 months now. What i know is that Arf is a very good rep but its tell is the bold DW date which has improved on recent batches. The Rolex datejust from djf i think is good overall (better in terms of DW font compared to ARF) but it doesn't come with a Jubilee bracelet so it is a no go for me. Lastly, my TD (Sead) told me to buy a GMF rep of the watch with has a more reliable movement, better datefont than ARF (previous batches) and its only flaws seem to be in terms of the bracelet.

So guys, as i am very selective can you please help me towards what's the best factory for the Rolex Datejust 36mm? I haven't seen many or not at all reps of GMF so that's why i am a bit anxious of buying a Rolex Datejust 36mm from GMF! What i need is the one that is closest to gen. I don't consider modding the watch in any way.

Thanks in advance

Thugnasty7

Horology Curious
6/6/19
I decided to go with an ARF (just got my QC pics) because everything but the DW was best from what i read but the DW font does still look thicker than normal to me. However, I don't know how good GMF or DJF is

nonox

30/3/12
Arf with gen dw make a stunning watch.
Some batches have the coronet on the dial too high and some not

serafim.g

29/10/18
I decided to go with an ARF (just got my QC pics) because everything but the DW was best from what i read but the DW font does still look thicker than normal to me. However, I don't know how good GMF or DJF is

stil buffled really difficult choice

serafim.g

29/10/18
Arf with gen dw make a stunning watch.
Some batches have the coronet on the dial too high and some not

i am leaning towards this decision! buying an ARF and then sourcing the gen DW is a bit frustrating for me. If i find a gen DW i just go to the watch smith and change it?

Ene Michele

Horology Curious
22/5/19
I want to order a Datejust 36mm ARF but im not sure for movement 3135.. what dou you think about it ?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

rlx82

Horology Curious
16/5/19
I read that the ARF will need expensive service pretty fast – that's at least what is holding me back. DJF was recommended if you are not into modding. Can anyone confirm?

serafim.g

29/10/18
I want to order a Datejust 36mm ARF but im not sure for movement 3135.. what dou you think about it ?

better go with djf or gmf which have a better movement that lasts longer and can be serviced for a cheaper price if something goes wrong

Reactions: Ene Michele

serafim.g

29/10/18
I read that the ARF will need expensive service pretty fast – that's at least what is holding me back. DJF was recommended if you are not into modding. Can anyone confirm?

i confirm better go with djf and gmf in terms of movement

Reactions: Ene Michele

Ene Michele

Horology Curious
22/5/19
I agree with you
But i don’t found a datejust 36 mm with jubilee by Djf or gmf .. do you know any td that has it ?

serafim.g

29/10/18
I agree with you
But i don’t found a datejust 36 mm with jubilee by Djf or gmf .. do you know any td that has it ?

no i dont sorry! i think you have to buy the rolex dj from djf and source a jubilee bracelet from ARF

Nille

Horology Curious
1/7/15
Does anyone know which TD sells the DJ 36 djf with oyster bracelet with 901L steel? I know that some non TD sells it but want to buy from trusted TD only.

Last edited:

serafim.g

29/10/18
Does anyone know which TD sells the DJ 36 djf with oyster bracelet with 901L steel? I know that some non TD sells it but want to buy from trusted TD only.

i think any td can source it

Ene Michele

Horology Curious
22/5/19
It is possibile change the mov on ARF 36mm ?
I want buy a datejust 36mm ARF 904 with 3135 and next change with a 2824, it is possible ?