Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Rolex Datejust 36mm ARF vs GMF vs DJF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolex Datejust 36mm ARF vs GMF vs DJF

Hello my repfam friends,

I am not here to skip my homework but I am going to pull the trigger on a Rolex Datejust 36mm with Jubilee bracelet... I have been searching the forum for 4 months now. What i know is that Arf is a very good rep but its tell is the bold DW date which has improved on recent batches. The Rolex datejust from djf i think is good overall (better in terms of DW font compared to ARF) but it doesn't come with a Jubilee bracelet so it is a no go for me. Lastly, my TD (Sead) told me to buy a GMF rep of the watch with has a more reliable movement, better datefont than ARF (previous batches) and its only flaws seem to be in terms of the bracelet.

So guys, as i am very selective can you please help me towards what's the best factory for the Rolex Datejust 36mm? I haven't seen many or not at all reps of GMF so that's why i am a bit anxious of buying a Rolex Datejust 36mm from GMF! What i need is the one that is closest to gen. I don't consider modding the watch in any way.

Thanks in advance

I decided to go with an ARF (just got my QC pics) because everything but the DW was best from what i read but the DW font does still look thicker than normal to me. However, I don't know how good GMF or DJF is

Comment

Arf with gen dw make a stunning watch.
      Some batches have the coronet on the dial too high and some not

Comment

Originally posted by Thugnasty7 View Post
        I decided to go with an ARF (just got my QC pics) because everything but the DW was best from what i read but the DW font does still look thicker than normal to me. However, I don't know how good GMF or DJF is
        stil buffled really difficult choice

Comment

Originally posted by nonox View Post
          Arf with gen dw make a stunning watch.
          Some batches have the coronet on the dial too high and some not
          i am leaning towards this decision! buying an ARF and then sourcing the gen DW is a bit frustrating for me. If i find a gen DW i just go to the watch smith and change it?

Comment

Originally posted by serafim.g View Post

i am leaning towards this decision! buying an ARF and then sourcing the gen DW is a bit frustrating for me. If i find a gen DW i just go to the watch smith and change it?
            that or you can change it yourself with a tool kit.

Comment

I want to order a Datejust 36mm ARF but im not sure for movement 3135.. what dou you think about it ?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

I read that the ARF will need expensive service pretty fast – that's at least what is holding me back. DJF was recommended if you are not into modding. Can anyone confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by Ene Michele View Post
                  I want to order a Datejust 36mm ARF but im not sure for movement 3135.. what dou you think about it ?

better go with djf or gmf which have a better movement that lasts longer and can be serviced for a cheaper price if something goes wrong

Comment

Originally posted by rlx82 View Post
                    I read that the ARF will need expensive service pretty fast – that's at least what is holding me back. DJF was recommended if you are not into modding. Can anyone confirm?
                    i confirm better go with djf and gmf in terms of movement

Comment

I agree with you
                      But i don’t found a datejust 36 mm with jubilee by Djf or gmf .. do you know any td that has it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ene Michele View Post
                        I agree with you
                        But i don’t found a datejust 36 mm with jubilee by Djf or gmf .. do you know any td that has it ?

no i dont sorry! i think you have to buy the rolex dj from djf and source a jubilee bracelet from ARF

Comment

Does anyone know which TD sells the DJ 36 djf with oyster bracelet with 901L steel? I know that some non TD sells it but want to buy from trusted TD only.
                          Last edited by Nille; 05-07-19, 07:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
                            Does anyone know which TD sells the DJ 36 djf with oyster bracelet with 901L steel? I know that some non TD sells it but want to buy from trusted TD only.
                            i think any td can source it

Comment

Working...
                            X