• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Daytona 7750 movement concerns

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Had my ARF Daytona for nearly two weeks and got some concerns about the movement

1. When manually winding the watch in a flat position the rotor spins, OK of holding the watch vertically
2. The movement seems very stiff to manually wind compared to my IWC with the same movement
3. When setting the time, the minute hand will jump back a couple of minutes when pushing the crown back in to the screw in position, all seems a bit sloppy.

would a full service sort these issues out or does it sound more serious than that

TIA

Last edited:

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Mine completely died the first time I pressed the chronograph pusher so yours is holding up pretty good in comparison.

I had mine fixed but can confirm it still does the jumping back 2 minutes thing.

Winds fairly smooth though.

I had that issue on a gen ETA when you manually wound it the rotor would engage. It was a very cheap and easy fix for a watchsmith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Thanks for reply, I'm just not sure to have it serviced now or wait until it dies completely

It's running fine otherwise just don't want to cause any real damage