• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Factory Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen

Anto.94

8/8/19
Florence
It's pretty good overall bro. Your case work is nice. The CGs are thinner than gen to start with so you can't really do anything about that unless you add metal.

Is that the crystal gasket visible in your pic? I know what a pain it is to get varied parts to play nice, I put a rotating WSO bezel and retaining ring on a BP 16570. I wasn't happy with my first result and redid it. You really shouldn't be able to see any of the side of a crystal gasket.

Gen-BP-4-Medium.jpg

Also, what happened with the datewheel, and what movement is this? I would want it centered better both horizontally and vertically.

Zk6SIb.jpg

BP 16570 with WSO bezel
16154827185020.jpg

Hi mate, thanks for your opinion.

The cristal gasket is a little visible, if i lowered too much, the cristal hasn’t enough ‘lip’ to stay on. I’ve incoming two different height gasket and a gen spec cristal from Clark, so i’ve some to work it on.
The first try on put WSO ring and bezel was not good, so i take apart and i redid it like you. Now is better. I’ve to see if i can do something better with the parts incoming.

The movement is a 2813 CHS jumping hand...For my eyes is centered (in real life i mean) maybe is a effect of the photo and the reflection of the cyclope...Tomorrow i post a better photo.

Do you have any suggestion for improve the ‘visible gasket’ thing?? Thanks :)

Anto.94

8/8/19
Florence
It's pretty good overall bro. Your case work is nice. The CGs are thinner than gen to start with so you can't really do anything about that unless you add metal.

Is that the crystal gasket visible in your pic? I know what a pain it is to get varied parts to play nice, I put a rotating WSO bezel and retaining ring on a BP 16570. I wasn't happy with my first result and redid it. You really shouldn't be able to see any of the side of a crystal gasket.

Gen-BP-4-Medium.jpg

Also, what happened with the datewheel, and what movement is this? I would want it centered better both horizontally and vertically.

Zk6SIb.jpg

BP 16570 with WSO bezel
16154827185020.jpg

Hi mate, thanks for your opinion.

The cristal gasket is a little visible, if i lowered too much, the cristal hasn’t enough ‘lip’ to stay on. I’ve incoming two different height gasket and a gen spec cristal from Clark, so i’ve some to work it on.
The first try on put WSO ring and bezel was not good, so i take apart and i redid it like you. Now is better. I’ve to see if i can do something better with the parts incoming.

The movement is a 2813 CHS jumping hand...For my eyes is centered (in real life i mean) maybe is a effect of the photo and the reflection of the cyclope...Tomorrow i post a better photo.

Do you have any suggestion for improve the ‘visible gasket’ thing?? Thanks :)

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Do you guys know if noob sub (sa3135) casebabk will fit?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hi guys. Is this the same watch? I want the all black bezel but all the links posted here is the Pepsi one.

ROLGMT089B - GMT II 16710 SS Black Asian 2836/3186 [ROLGMT089B] - $268.00 : Trusty Time Watch, Your Trusty Watch Shop

That's it bro. That particular sample shows a sticks dial and a frogfoot coronet but the current batch may or may not have that. Sticks dials (look at the II after GMT Master) were found in gen, frogfoot dial coronets were never found on gen GMTs.

Gen-BP-21-Medium.jpg

Reactions: Hinclimincli

BlackIceBob

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/14
That's it bro. That particular sample shows a sticks dial and a frogfoot coronet but the current batch may or may not have that. Sticks dials (look at the II after GMT Master) were found in gen, frogfoot dial coronets were never found on gen GMTs.

Gen-BP-21-Medium.jpg

I’m confused, KJ2020. You say that stick dials were found in gens, but the sticks in your photo are on the rep.....help me out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I’m confused, KJ2020. You say that stick dials were found in gens, but the sticks in your photo are on the rep.....help me out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sticks dials are found in some gens and in some batches of BP rep dials. This aspect of the BP rep dials would be accurate to some gens.

No frogfoot coronets were ever found on any gen GMTs. This aspect of some batches of BP rep dials is not only inaccurate but IMO the frogfoot coronet is just plain ugly. They were found on some very early 1655's and in DSSD MK1 dials.

Reactions: Hor-Fan

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Sticks dials are found in some gens and in some batches of BP rep dials. This aspect of the BP rep dials would be accurate to some gens.

No frogfoot coronets were ever found on any gen GMTs. This aspect of some batches of BP rep dials is not only inaccurate but IMO the frogfoot coronet is just plain ugly. They were found on some very early 1655's and in DSSD MK1 dials.

It also rears it’s ugly head (foot) on some 14060s
fbec6717bf48f3b6d9448391bc3fbf7c.png

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
They also have a version with ETA movement. The case have drilled lugs and if you look at the QC photos, the rehaut is engraved. Is this accurate?

ROLGMT089A - GMT II 16710 SS Black Swiss 2836/3186 [ROLGMT089A] - $358.00 : Trusty Time Watch, Your Trusty Watch Shop

You should read my review bro, those questions are answered. It's generally accepted that Chinese "Swiss ETAs" are not advisable purchases. There are times when that's the only way a model is offered.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
The stick dial in Genuine is typically called an error dial and has a 3186 and M serial number. I think it would be cool to find a BP stick dial

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
Any suggestions to where to get a thinner caseback that would fit these BP models?