• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Factory Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
is it 2813 chs?

The DG2813 / DG3804 always have the GMT hand on the bottom. This would never be CHS for 5 or 6 digit GMTs.

It would always be CHS for 4 digit models (6542, 1675), as the gen was set up like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thrasher

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
This arrived today. She's crazy pretty - best $260 I spent in this hobby.

IMG-1959.jpg

slashFAslash

21/7/18
Because of the rehaut slope, the LF dial wouldn't fit into a BP case right? Or are they the same diameter?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Because of the rehaut slope, the LF dial wouldn't fit into a BP case right? Or are they the same diameter?

LF dial is not gen-spec. It has an ETA date window placement, so if it would fit (and I think it might) you would also need to

1. Change the crystal or move the cyclops, and
2. Use a different DW/ DWO

slashFAslash

21/7/18
LF dial is not gen-spec. It has an ETA date window placement, so if it would fit (and I think it might) you would also need to

1. Change the crystal or move the cyclops, and
2. Use a different DW/ DWO

Thanks mate! So best would be to keep it like it is or hope for an improved dial in the future.

itgoes211

10/4/19
IDK how this one is still available but it is. It identical to the one I reviewed (it's not a 16750, those were GMT Master I's) but this one has a DG3804 in it. Great, reliable movement. If anyone wants one of these, better act fast. It doesn't get any better than this. $178 shipped.

https://www.repgeek.com/nembos-corn...vintage-pre-ceramic-rolex-gmt-16750-coke.html

Thanks for the tip! I tried, and they sold out quickly. I emailed him to see if he might have any other similars in stock. Will keep you all updated on what i hear back.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks mate! So best would be to keep it like it is or hope for an improved dial in the future.

Yep, I thought about it but that's a lot of work to take a step backward from gen-like

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks Bud. I'd appreciate that. I know you play around with your 5 digits a lot so your a good source of knowledge for this kind of stuff. Cheers

Hey bro, I took one of these apart a few days ago. Not all factories' models are this bad but I've noticed on several BPs there is not much room at all to work.

Really best to just take the movement out and the crystal off. That will make it easier and less risky for damage. After you get the insert off you can see the wire. You need to find the end of it. This one had so little space to work I had to hammer a small screwdriver in to open it up.

jvZK1.jpg

I use a strong needle in a pin vise to pull the end free, then needle nosed pliers to pull out a segment at a time. The wire sits in a groove in the bezel, and under a lip on the retaining ring.

juRHJ.jpg

Put it back in by feeding an end into the gap, then add a segment at a time. A razor blade works well to push each segment under the retaining ring lip as you feed them in.

juENo.jpg

This was no fun on this model, I'd rate the difficulty level about 4.5/5. Definitely not for casual modders. Maybe try the dental floss trick on a loose bezel but don't put too much in or it may get stuck and then you'll have to take it off.

Reactions: Thrasher

ChetnLisa

Horology Curious
12/9/19
Thank you for this! Really well done and extremely thorough review. Have you done a review comparing the Noob 16710 to either the BP or GEN? If so, what can you share about the overall rating Noob to BP on this GMT II? I'm planning to purchase one (black/red bezel) in the next couple months.

thanks again!