• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Factory Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen

TerryRobot

Known Member
13/9/15
Great review and certainly full of information, Im considering the Gen Coke but am still torn between the pepsi, also torn between the older faded alu bezel versions, so thought maybe going for a rep first might help me decide I know this post if old now but has anyone got any thoughts on the later version of this model from Trusty is from BPF factory (not BP Factory not sure if that is any different or not) The case does have the edges chamfer which Id rather not have if im honest but some of the gens Ive looked at seem to have this anyway and I believe it can be after service and polishing) Anyway I was thinking of getting the coke and try sot see if it was possible to change the bezel insert to a Pepsi but also a faded version of the coke and pepsi, so was wondering if anyone has any information on this newer version, it seems to already be thinner at 12.1mm based on this orginal post, I did think the gen seemed more sleek in comparison to some of the other reps I have seen since starting to look, everyday is a schools so they say, thanks in advance

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
Have BP made any more updates with the new VR3186 besides what I assume is a fixed crown position?
Is thickness still the same?

Baccaracca669

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Patron
Certified
25/11/23
Kent, UK
Share some pics please, I’m on my way of doing almost the same build. Did you swap the movement to a VR? How fits the TC bracelet to the case?

Bracelet depends on the serial of the watch but I will not worry about it, saw a lot of them with the long clasp or the single clasp
Hey… may I ask what TC stands for in the TC bracelet? Looks ace by the way! And do you think the gen crown was really worth it as a mod? Thanks so much in advance

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
I got mine today, it’s absolutely gorgeous and very comfortable. I tried shifting the dial a little but couldn’t get it to move. I loosened the two screws that were shown earlier but maybe I missed a step?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I got mine today, it’s absolutely gorgeous and very comfortable. I tried shifting the dial a little but couldn’t get it to move. I loosened the two screws that were shown earlier but maybe I missed a step?

Bro if that's a 3186 movement you can't really do that mod. The movement is larger in diameter so the stem is shorter and has no give to it. It's not really an advisable mod anyway, but an ETA stem can tolerate some slight bending.

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
Bro if that's a 3186 movement you can't really do that mod. The movement is larger in diameter so the stem is shorter and has no give to it. It's not really an advisable mod anyway, but an ETA stem can tolerate some slight bending.
Yes it’s the 3186 and no there were no tolerances lol. Then it is what it is, thank you