• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SH3135v2 movement issues (date-function stuck)

LuoIsBoss

I'm Pretty Popular
6/6/17
Scandinavia
Hi.

I got my ARF v2 116610LN with SH3135v2 movement.
The issue is, that it is having problems with changing the date manually. When I'm in the date-setting on the crown I can change dates 3-4 times and then it "jumps" out of the setting and goes to the wind-setting, but without winding.

Is this a common issue with the updated SH3135v2 movement? and how can I fix this, will a full service fix it?

I hope you guys understand.
Sorry for my poor english.

Madcap

Known Member
2/10/17
i had a similar problem with the SH3135 in the ARF DSSD. Unable to quickset date on crown 2nd position after winding through the dates a few times, had to get the watch serviced to get it fixed.

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Hi.

I got my ARF v2 116610LN with SH3135v2 movement.
The issue is, that it is having problems with changing the date manually. When I'm in the date-setting on the crown I can change dates 3-4 times and then it "jumps" out of the setting and goes to the wind-setting, but without winding...

The movement in my ARF SH3135 v2 had issues with the quickset/keyless works as well. I had to get the movement serviced and specific gears replaced.

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Generally it is not advisable to do manual date changing when the time is between 11pm to 6am. Doing that will hurt the calendar mechanism.

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
Stock ar dw.
But installing a gen dw, would that help?

No, it would make it worse if not modded correctly.

When the date stops changing and the movement starts winding, have you pulled the crown out all the way out (until the movement stops) and try putting it in the middle position to see if the date will change again.

It could be that you might be pushing the crown out of position when turning the date.

genrepgen

Horology Curious
11/6/19
Generally it is not advisable to do manual date changing when the time is between 11pm to 6am. Doing that will hurt the calendar mechanism.

People say in general do not change it between 9PM and 3AM. Is 11PM to 6AM specific for the SH3135?

Justcurious321

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/11/18
People say in general do not change it between 9PM and 3AM. Is 11PM to 6AM specific for the SH3135?

I was aware of keeping the hands in the lower half, when changing dates now I try to keep the hands at 6:30 and then change. Figure better safe than sorry. Not sure about the 3135 movement but thought I’d throw my 2 cents in.

Jbrahm

30/10/18

I don't think it matters for the ARF SH3135. I have the V1. The date skip only worked the first day for me. My watchmaker opened it and found the gears were not tight fit and I would have to buy the right gears. I haven't bothered. Would cost a couple hundred to maybe fix.

af_newbie

12/4/19
Canada
Absolutely. Failure to follow this is a recipe for disaster.

It is always a good idea to get into a habit of going straight to position 3 (hour minute setting) for any watch and set the time to 8 o'clock, then go to position 1, wind it and finally, set the date.

LuoIsBoss

I'm Pretty Popular
6/6/17
Scandinavia
No, it would make it worse if not modded correctly.

When the date stops changing and the movement starts winding, have you pulled the crown out all the way out (until the movement stops) and try putting it in the middle position to see if the date will change again.

It could be that you might be pushing the crown out of position when turning the date.

I haven't tried that.
But sent it in for a service.