• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help please

Justinw

Horology Curious
23/6/19
Hi prob not the best first post but...
On my dads rolex sub the 12 oclock marker has come loose and moving around under the glass.
so i watched a few youtube clips and thought i would have a go. I really wish i had not now..
Opened it up pressed the release and pulled out the crown . Then shit myself and thought i better put it back together as. Now the crown dosent stay in. Can screw the crown down but thats it. Really hope this is a easy fix as he loves this watch and im scared to tell him ive broken it

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Ok, so back up. Did he know you were wearing it when the marker came loose?

Justinw

Horology Curious
23/6/19
Can you anyone recommend a watch maker to fix it?
im in lancaster nw england.
I tried it on when he got it but it looks to small on my wrist. I collect G shocks

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
You probably pressed too hard and messed up the keyless works. Will need to send it to a watch maker. Just be honest about it, its not a big deal, and if he really loves it he would have had to fix the marker anyway.

Justinw

Horology Curious
23/6/19
Ive also got his gen Omega Genève Dynamic witch hes had since new wanted me to have a look at the 2 peice stem. Im not going anywhere near it now.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
any good watchmaker in the UK can fix the keyless mate....

Justinw

Horology Curious
23/6/19
Only got a few watch shops in lancaster and dont think they would touch a replica watch.