• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HELP! Rolex Datejust 2 (41mm) Steel/Gold- Gen or Rep?

DB9506

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/6/13
Hi All,

I am hoping for some advice from some of the resident Rolex experts.

I have recently had my eye on the Datejust models. Specifically the steel/gold combination in 41mm form. I have previously always bought new watches, however have been offered a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] hand Datejust at a very good price, however and there is a but, there are no papers nor a box. Which obviously make me sceptical.

The person who is selling it suggests he is a watch trader and has received if from a contact. The watch needs a polish and I will probably send it to Rolex for a service. The watch is on ebay and the seller has 400+ positive feedback with lots of that re watches.

The price is significantly lower and if it turns out to be a fake/replica/stolen then it can be returned as I will pay with Paypal. Obviously the latter creates problems with the return as Rolex may confiscate it however I’ll pay with my credit card for extra protection.

Risk v reward is very strong so I am minded to go for it, however would be grateful if the resident rep experts would consider the images and provide their thoughts on whether gen or rep.

Many thanks all in advance.

s-l1600%204_zpsylrdxdfh.jpg
[/URL]
s-l1600%205_zpsxkboom9v.jpg
[/URL]
s-l1600%203_zpsikjpobm6.jpg
[/URL]
s-l1600%202_zpsgak2hihx.jpg
[/URL]
s-l1600%201_zpslmbpmsjy.jpg
[/URL]
s-l1600%209_zps7iq0zrkx.jpg
[/URL]
s-l1600%2012_zpsugqktcon.jpg
[/URL]
s-l1600%207_zps3ukrd9na.jpg
[/URL]
s-l1600%2012_zpsugqktcon.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Looks gen to me, but I would never try my luck on eBay. Even if the pics are of a gen, you don't know that's it's the watch you will receive. I use Chrono 24 with their trusted reseller and escrow account system.

Reactions: DB9506