• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Crystal gasket ARF Submariner 116610 LN

Sub116610LN

19/11/10
Italy
Hi mates, I would like to change the cyclop on the ARF Submariner 904L, to reduce the magnify factor that actually seems too much on stock crystal, or change completely the crystal, anyone knows if the gasket is like a 116610 or similar or is thicker like GMT ceramic?
d9bc73b129b0477bca72402e8a5bb633.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
There’s is a mod to lower the Crystal by sanding the gasket like .5 mm.

This would lessen the magnification.

Although, your magnification doesn’t look all that bad. What would greatly improve the look is a gen date wheel.

Last edited:

Sub116610LN

19/11/10
Italy
Thank you for the clarification, unfortunately, my question is more complicated.
I have unmounted the bezel and, as I did without any problem on many watches, I tried to remove the ring which keeps fixed the Crystal by the gasket on the case.
No way, it is too tight so my best alternative is to swap another cyclop on the crystal, but I have to do unmounting the movement, dial, hands, all together and leave empty the case to reduce any kind of risks.
My only worry is if the crystal gasket is like the common Submariner 16610, Daytona 116520, GMT 16710, etc, they have almost the same thickness even if they have different height.
If warming and burning the cyclop with a high-pressure flame to unglue the cyclop, meanwhile the crystal is mounted on the case, the gasket could warp and become useless, then I have to find a replacement gasket.
So, the question is, the ARF 116610 LN 904 A2824, use the same thickness gasket than the older models or it has a thicker one like the GMT 116710 ) same height but thicker than 16610 etc.
And it is not so easy to find as a spare part.
I hope now my question is clearer :confused:

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
To remove the tight crystal ring, take the movement out and use a press to push the crystal from the inside out. After the crystal is off, the ring and gasket will slide right off.
Now putting them steel ring back correctly can be difficult without the right tools.

I think that trying to replace the cyclops might be more problematic if you do not have experience doing that. A crooked cyclops is worse than a magnification issue.

Whichever, good luck.

Sub116610LN

19/11/10
Italy
Thank you, I changed a lot of cyclop lenses but with the crystals unmounted from the cases, I also have the tool to mount again the steel ring, I did also on 116600, GMT 116710 etc, I only was not sure I could remove the crystal pushing from inside. Thank you for your clarification :)