• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex explorer ARF

jfdupuis

14/5/10
How is the movement in the ARF model? Reliable? Keeping good time?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It's a superclone, so it's more complicated and less reliable than an ETA. The reversing gears are prone to losing teeth and paint flaking and are often replaced with gen parts. I chose the BP ETA model.

shortlegs

31/5/19
It's a superclone, so it's more complicated and less reliable than an ETA. The reversing gears are prone to losing teeth and paint flaking and are often replaced with gen parts. I chose the BP ETA model.

How is the BP version? I read that the dial is more gen like, but the QC is rather bad.

shortlegs

31/5/19
Yup I read that thread. Just wondering on your personal opinion on the matter since you prefer the BP, that the QC issues isn't that bad?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yup I read that thread. Just wondering on your personal opinion on the matter since you prefer the BP, that the QC issues isn't that bad?

Not sure what you mean by QC issues. I didn't have any, the watch was what it was portrayed to be. If you mean variances from gen, the case is slightly different shape and the rehaut engraving is a little tall. But no other rep model is sufficiently better to warrant the potential movement headaches of a non ETA movement. I put a gen Swiss ETA in mine, it's bullet proof, figuratively speaking.

Reactions: jfdupuis

jfdupuis

14/5/10
Not sure what you mean by QC issues. I didn't have any, the watch was what it was portrayed to be. If you mean variances from gen, the case is slightly different shape and the rehaut engraving is a little tall. But no other rep model is sufficiently better to warrant the potential movement headaches of a non ETA movement. I put a gen Swiss ETA in mine, it's bullet proof, figuratively speaking.
Good to know! I'm very interested in picking one up. How is the bracelet and SELs?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

shortlegs

31/5/19

I read that QC issues pop up more often than ARF. Like misaligned or rotated indices, wrong spacing between indices and minute markers, and dirt and dust on the dial etc. Not sure if these are true or just exaggerated claims. Guess no harm just ordering one, and if the QC issues do pop up, hope that I can pick up on the photos and reject if necessary.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I read that QC issues pop up more often than ARF. Like misaligned or rotated indices, wrong spacing between indices and minute markers, and dirt and dust on the dial etc. Not sure if these are true or just exaggerated claims. Guess no harm just ordering one, and if the QC issues do pop up, hope that I can pick up on the photos and reject if necessary.

I never heard about that. BP sells at a lower price, so there might be a few more mistakes, but no factory is great in that regard. I wouldn't bother with the 904L version, it won't look or perform any better.

IrishMT-09

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/11/17
Just got the Arf explorer 1 with clone 3132 movement and it's keeping amazing time +1sec over 24 hours.

Reactions: Cadows

IrishMT-09

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/11/17
iwY43.jpg
iwI3E.jpg
iwOyn.jpg

Last edited: