• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need help QCing my first Rep, a Rolex Oyster Perpetual 114300 ARF Gray Rhodium

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Thank you all for your response. I agree with many of you about my lack of knowledge. I could never afford or justify a Rolex or Omega or any watch more expensive than a couple of hundred. It’s why I’ve turned to reps and this is going to be my first one. It’s also why I’m grateful that I’ve found this forum. Right now the only watches I own is an Apple Watch and a Tissot so I’m still learning and I learned enough so far to go with a ARF cause I wanted the perfect replica, I think my standards were a bit too high.

Once again, thanks for the responses and advice. I’ve greenlighted this watch and look forward to receiving it soon!

You have made a good choice IMO enjoy the watch in good health.

cooper1

Horology Curious
25/12/18
$500 buys you a Chinese fake. It does not buy a near perfect copy or a Rolex. How much that $500 seems to you or anyone else is not related.

True, though having bought $100 copies for years, you would expect for the extra outlay that the $500 version would be at a point where (although still distinguishable to an expert), you should not be able to easily tell it apart from a Gen., nor should the overall build quality be any different. I'm talking simple things like bezel colours, SEL.'s, link gaps etc.