• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need help QCing my first Rep, a Rolex Oyster Perpetual 114300 ARF Gray Rhodium

Mindcrime007

Looking Around
21/6/19
Hey everyone,

This is my first rep and I'm honestly not sure what's considered standard practice with these QC pics. The pics I were given show a lot of black specs and things like that on the watch, it seems odd to me that they'd go through all the trouble of taking QC pics, with gloves on, only to do it with what I hope is a dirty watch and not a major flaw?

Not only that but the winder doesn't seemed centered, but that could also be because they haven't turned the winder clockwise to align it so I can see if it's centered properly. Are these just poor QC pics or is the watch a bad rep? Should I just request new pictures?

https://imgur.com/a/Sue0dbF

Thanks in advanced.

Reactions: Vintage_seeker77

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
It looks excellent. You do know that it’s covered on protective plastic, right?

Reactions: cpd2186 and Jbrahm

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Why is everyone expecting crowns to be upright? Rolex dont do it and you're expecting it on a rep?

Reactions: Raddave

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
For $500 you would expect a near perfect replica. To some it might be chicken feed, though $500 is still a lot of money

$500 buys you a Chinese fake. It does not buy a near perfect copy or a Rolex. How much that $500 seems to you or anyone else is not related.

ref6694

Horology Curious
20/6/19
Not only that but the winder doesn't seemed centered, but that could also be because they haven't turned the winder clockwise to align it so I can see if it's centered properly.

Thanks in advanced.

The Rolex logo crown on the "crown" almost never lines up straight on any gen Rolex. Don't worry about that.

Reactions: Raddave

Jbrahm

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/18
For $500 you would expect a near perfect replica. To some it might be chicken feed, though $500 is still a lot of money

You can try spending $500 on some microbrand and see what you'd get. IMO, it won't be as nice as an ARF after a decent service.

cpd2186

Runway Model
Supporter
5/4/16
If you think you are finding flaws in this watch.... You may want to move on and skip this hobby!

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
For $500 you would expect a near perfect replica.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: cpd2186

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
A lot of black specs? I'm not seeing anything like that. I guess my TDs are having a field day when sending QC pics to me.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Hey everyone,

This is my first rep and I'm honestly not sure what's considered standard practice with these QC pics. The pics I were given show a lot of black specs and things like that on the watch, it seems odd to me that they'd go through all the trouble of taking QC pics, with gloves on, only to do it with what I hope is a dirty watch and not a major flaw?

Not only that but the winder doesn't seemed centered, but that could also be because they haven't turned the winder clockwise to align it so I can see if it's centered properly. Are these just poor QC pics or is the watch a bad rep? Should I just request new pictures?

https://imgur.com/a/Sue0dbF

Thanks in advanced.

By the winder not being aligned you mean the Rolex logo isn't centred on the crown ?? :D They never ( rarely ) do on rep or gen, to close the screw in crown takes so many turns . It depends where the logo is positioned after you wind the watch as to in what position the logo ends in . Unless you are OCD and position the crown after winding to where you know that when you screw down the crown it ends up centred . Nobody does that .

The watch is freshly brushed and under a lot of protective plastic . What you can see is dirty plastic a little inside from a dirty watch , and on the outside from dust dirt etc . The plastic prevents scratches to the watch during transit etc When you get the watch you will need to take this off and give the watch a bit of a clean . I would advise removing the bracelet off cleaning it in baby shampoo and giving it a baby oil bath . Also give the watch head a little clean .

There is nothing wrong with that watch so I would green light the QC . In fact it looks absolutely spot on to me.

Last edited:

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17

He has got a near perfect rep . There is nothing wrong with the watch in the QC pictures . He has also made a good choice for a first rep . The Arf/ JF 114300 grey /red grape are super reps ootb.

Mindcrime007

Looking Around
21/6/19
Thank you all for your response. I agree with many of you about my lack of knowledge. I could never afford or justify a Rolex or Omega or any watch more expensive than a couple of hundred. It’s why I’ve turned to reps and this is going to be my first one. It’s also why I’m grateful that I’ve found this forum. Right now the only watches I own is an Apple Watch and a Tissot so I’m still learning and I learned enough so far to go with a ARF cause I wanted the perfect replica, I think my standards were a bit too high.

Once again, thanks for the responses and advice. I’ve greenlighted this watch and look forward to receiving it soon!

Reactions: k4jun

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
There are too many of this kind of threads started by people who don’t bother doing minimal research and reading the rules.

Jbrahm

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/18
Thank you all for your response. I agree with many of you about my lack of knowledge. I could never afford or justify a Rolex or Omega or any watch more expensive than a couple of hundred. It’s why I’ve turned to reps and this is going to be my first one. It’s also why I’m grateful that I’ve found this forum. Right now the only watches I own is an Apple Watch and a Tissot so I’m still learning and I learned enough so far to go with a ARF cause I wanted the perfect replica, I think my standards were a bit too high.

Once again, thanks for the responses and advice. I’ve greenlighted this watch and look forward to receiving it soon!

Well, before you get the watch and compare it side by side with the gen and complain that it's not perfect, it's not "perfect" but differences are rather small. When I compared the gray arf to gen, the SEL height is not perfect, deeper than gen near the case. The crystal is not perfect, less smooth sides on the glass. The gray dial IMO is not as exact as the grape. The dial on the gen gray seems slightly finer in the lines that make the burst. Color seems exact. Polishing of the case was smoother and finer on gen. These differences were very minor and I only had one gray gen example to see. I'm sure there are manufacturing variances in the gen oysters as well. And most of the differences in finishing could be rendered moot if the gen had a polish.