• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I NEEED HELP!!!!

fixwatch.co.uk

Watchmaker @ FixWatch.co.uk
Vendor (Watch Repair)
4/6/19
United Kingdom
Howdy folks

I have. BP 16710 coke and I have genuine glass and insert for this, but for the love of me I cannot seem to remove the bezel, can anyone help

Pics are for reference
fccc9211d0a5725e423d51af5f824203.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

Lmao at thread title.

On a more serious note be VERY careful taking the bezel off. I have the exact same watch and I picked up a gen insert, etc. I completely screwed the bezel up and it no longer clicks correctly. Just free wheels around.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

CarlosFFF

25/6/13
Honestly the mods should remove this thread just to discourage titles like this.

Sorry OP, but titles like this are literally my least favorite parts of forums

Reactions: TESLA760

fixwatch.co.uk

Vendor (Watch Repair)
4/6/19
United Kingdom
Honestly the mods should remove this thread just to discourage titles like this.

Sorry OP, but titles like this are literally my least favorite parts of forums

Apologies it offended you as much, as you can see above the rest had a sense of humour and it grabbed the attention of someone who could help!

fixwatch.co.uk

Vendor (Watch Repair)
4/6/19
United Kingdom
Lmao at thread title.

On a more serious note be VERY careful taking the bezel off. I have the exact same watch and I picked up a gen insert, etc. I completely screwed the bezel up and it no longer clicks correctly. Just free wheels around.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I’ve messaged you about this thanks

fixwatch.co.uk

Vendor (Watch Repair)
4/6/19
United Kingdom
Thank the lord you are okay. Based upon the title of the thread I thought you had been kidnapped.

They have said I will be released from my cell if I can make them a franken BP coke, but if I don’t get the bezel off I will never be free

brbant94

Known Member
3/5/19
italy/germany
I don’t want to destroy your dreams about franken bp 16710 coke but I don’t think gen crystal will fit that case and also gen insert must be sanded to fit bp’s bezel.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

fixwatch.co.uk

Vendor (Watch Repair)
4/6/19
United Kingdom
I don’t want to destroy your dreams about franken bp 16710 coke but I don’t think gen crystal will fit that case and also gen insert must be sanded to fit bp’s bezel.

I’ll just have to get a new casing by sound of it, got some other cases around

brbant94

Known Member
3/5/19
italy/germany

I had an old noob Explorer that could be converted in Gmt and it is 1:1.. my regrets to have sold it are huge!!

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

Those cases won't fit, and if you remove that bezel ring you won't get it back on, plus the crystal won't fit the case.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Those cases won't fit, and if you remove that bezel ring you won't get it back on, plus the crystal won't fit the case.

Trip can you elaborate on this a bit. I just got one of these and will be changing the insert. From the difficulty OP is having getting the bezel off, I'm guessing it has the octagonal wire routed under the retaining ring lip? So the insert has to come off before the bezel can be removed? Oris said he was able to fit a Clarks gen spec crystal on one of these so any info you might have on the construction would be appreciated.

Thanks bro!

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Trip can you elaborate on this a bit. I just got one of these and will be changing the insert. From the difficulty OP is having getting the bezel off, I'm guessing it has the octagonal wire routed under the retaining ring lip? So the insert has to come off before the bezel can be removed? Oris said he was able to fit a Clarks gen spec crystal on one of these so any info you might have on the construction would be appreciated.

Thanks bro!

Yes the bezel assembly is with the wire retaining ring. I find the best way (i.e.no damage to any part) is to de-case the movement, push out the crystal from the inside, remove the insert which then gives you access to the wire ring - push it to one side and gently lever off the bezel ring.

BP GMTs used to take gen crystals, years ago, then for a while they didn't - too large an opening - maybe they're now the correct dimensions again, or else Oris used a thicker gasket to hold the crystal in place (they were only too large by something like 0.3 mm or so).

Reactions: cpd2186 and KJ2020