• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Daytona replica?

SugarKing

Looking Around
19/6/19
Hey guys,

Been looking for a long time and have set my sight on a Daytona replica, but what store is the best? Where can I find the best quality ones that looks the best?

Thanks all!

SugarKing

Looking Around
19/6/19

Okey thanks, looks lite the NOOB one is the best? I'v been trying to mail intime about that watch but only get that they have a water problems atm.

Where can I find another good vendor that can deliver it soon?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
All TD will tell you the same as they buy from Noob

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
It would be great if you made a little effort reading the forum to understand how this game works mate. TD is trusted dealer, like intime. They source watches from factories like noob

Reactions: guru

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
The AR Factory Daytona has better overall quality with a better dial, bezel, and bracelet.
But, the a7750 movement has limited chronograph function as the minute and hour dials do not function.

The Noob has a fully functioning Chinese clone 4130 chronograph movement.

The Noob 4130 is more complicated but both movements may, or may not be subject to replica weaknesses.
The older a7750 movement had problems, but the quality of the newer ones is better.

The Noob cost 40% more than the ARF, so if you can live without a fully functioning chronograph, the ARF is a much better deal with it's better quality.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
The AR Factory Daytona has better overall quality with a better dial, bezel, and bracelet.
But, the a7750 movement has limited chronograph function as the minute and hour dials do not function.........

The Noob has a fully functioning Chinese clone 4130 chronograph movement.........

The Noob cost 40% more than the ARF, so if you can live without a fully functioning chronograph, the ARF is a much better deal with it's better quality.

I suggest you give some serious thought to how you feel about a non functioning chrono. If you honestly don't care or you just never use a timer that is one thing, but a non working chrono renders a big part of this watch useless. Just sayin......

iwantaprettywatch

Known Member
1/8/16
I suggest you give some serious thought to how you feel about a non functioning chrono. If you honestly don't care or you just never use a timer that is one thing, but a non working chrono renders a big part of this watch useless. Just sayin......

While what you say is true. As the owner of a Modded noob I have never used the chrono besides the first time i received the watch (to test it out). Ask gen owners if they use the chrono and most will tell you no as well. Why did i still get the noob? Im amazed that for a fraction for the price, i get to own a piece of Chinese manufacturing (copying in this case) ingenuity. It just amazes me that the rep game has came so far and hence i was willing to pay for the Noob. I did however get the arf bezel and dial as the quality of the ARF is truly superior in those aspects.

If i were to turn back time, would i get an ARF? No. But if you dont care for the chrono I'd say ARF is truly the way to go.

Reactions: M Scott and Pope

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18

I understand your point. For some, the movement and the function of the watch is most important. For others, the quality and appearance of the watch is most important.

I have other chronograph watches that I have had for years and I can honestly tell you that other than testing a of couple times, I have never used the chronographs as a timer.

I would like to have a Noob 4130 modded with ARF parts the get the best of both watches, but I just can't justify spending at least $700 or more for that working chronograph over the $500 cost of the ARF.

Reactions: Pope

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
While what you say is true. As the owner of a Modded noob I have never used the chrono...........Ask gen owners if they use the chrono and most will tell you no as well.

I can't speak for what others do. If people that own chrono watches choose not to use the chrono function I guess that is their choice & I can respect that choice. I own both divers and chronos and I use the bezel timer fn on my divers and the chrono fn on my chronos almost daily. I currently have a Navitimer that is very nice with the exception of having a chrono that does not work and it does not get worn for this reason.

You have an opinion and your opinion is that having a non functional chrono isn't that big of a deal. I have an alternate opinion as I like a functional chrono. I'm not saying one opinion is right and the other is wrong. All I am saying is to think about what is important to you and choose accordingly.

iwantaprettywatch

Known Member
1/8/16
I can't speak for what others do. If people that own chrono watches choose not to use the chrono function I guess that is their choice & I can respect that choice. I own both divers and chronos and I use the bezel timer fn on my divers and the chrono fn on my chronos almost daily. I currently have a Navitimer that is very nice with the exception of having a chrono that does not work and it does not get worn for this reason.

You have an opinion and your opinion is that having a non functional chrono isn't that big of a deal. I have an alternate opinion as I like a functional chrono. I'm not saying one opinion is right and the other is wrong. All I am saying is to think about what is important to you and choose accordingly.

yes you're right hence my comment. I'm one of those guys who do not care for a functional chrono but want to have it because the watch feels incomplete. I even go as far as oto put in ARF parts. I have no use for the chrono for my daily life and i doubt most individuals do too, So it is up to one..

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
I've got the ARF exactly because I wil never use the chrono, I can't remember the last time I needed to time anything with that sort of accuracy and if I did I would use my mobile

2many2choose

Known Member
17/8/16
I understand your point. For some, the movement and the function of the watch is most important. For others, the quality and appearance of the watch is most important.

I have other chronograph watches that I have had for years and I can honestly tell you that other than testing a of couple times, I have never used the chronographs as a timer.

I would like to have a Noob 4130 modded with ARF parts the get the best of both watches, but I just can't justify spending at least $700 or more for that working chronograph over the $500 cost of the ARF.

Also in the same shoes, hardly use the chronograph on my gen iwc and omega. I got the noob 4130 modded with arf parts because it makes the watch feel "complete". :)

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
What's the meaning to own a chrono w/o function?
It's the same to me like driving a car with 4 doors, where the rear 2 doors are faux...

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
What's the meaning to own a chrono w/o function?
It's the same to me like driving a car with 4 doors, where the rear 2 doors are faux...

It is more like driving a car with reverse, 2nd & 4th gears not working. Then you go on a car forum & say I bought this really great car & it was cheap because only half the gears work, but that doesn't bother me because I have no use for those gears anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raddave

Darkdaddy92

Horology Curious
23/6/19
so aesthetically is arf better, and functionally noob? because I had purchased a noob v2 cer / ss black 116500, only that as you know noob has temporarily closed and my td told me or wait or you can change the model ... since I am mainly interested in aesthetics I can turn to Arf v2 daytona cer / ss black116500 ??? thanks for the answers and for your time

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
so aesthetically is arf better, and functionally noob? because I had purchased a noob v2 cer / ss black 116500, only that as you know noob has temporarily closed and my td told me or wait or you can change the model ... since I am mainly interested in aesthetics I can turn to Arf v2 daytona cer / ss black116500 ?

Yes, aesthetically the ARF is better, and functionally the chronograph of the Noob is better, but that extra chronograph function cost 40% more.

Reactions: Darkdaddy92