• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

r/Rolex banned this guy for suspicion of his brand new 2019 Hulk being fake, curious story ahead

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Here's the pic he posted:

VSnsSU.jpg

Here's the breakdown of why they said it was a fake:

- The font is off
- the "I"s in CERTIFIED are misaligned.

Here is another pic he posted on reddit:
VSnx5r.jpg

Then people said the minute hand of his rootbeer is "too long"
VSMSXR.jpg

The AD did not put his name on any of the warranty cards, either. So he was banned.

He reposted the picture to r/reptime to try and see if he could get some assistance. He went a little overboard and tried to show every detail about his purchase to people who doubted him (or said his story was legit, too). I decided to get involved and talk to this guy.

After much discussion with the user, I've been able to get some more photos, and from what I can see both of them are genuine. His paperwork, etc are fine too but I will not post those out of respect.

Here are additional pics

VSMzRy.jpg

VSMpVf.jpg

VSMbgX.jpg

VSMKha.jpg

If these are genuine (which I have every reason to think they are), then I would like to know. Any and all help is appreciated. If they are reps, I want to know because I want one... lol.

EDIT: If you are familiar with this story, do not share personal details about his story, or how he bought the watches, etc. None of that matters for this post, we are only evaluating the watches, please.

Last edited:

Dan8888

Known Member
13/2/16
To my untrained eyes, all of his three watches look gen.
I read on TRF that the newer 3285 movement sports longer hands on the new GMT's

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Both watches are all gen.
Subscribed to see how he's bought them and why was no AD name.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Haha yeah they've really got no chill. Saw that post on RepTime too. Crazy how fast it seems to escalate. They banned him without even really questioning him or asking him.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Not the first time a mod on a gen forum is way too quick on the ban button.

D Ramone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/7/18
UK
It’s scary how they’re analysing all the photos to the nearest pixel. Probably some shitty AI fuck-bot doing it.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
The fine people of this forum know far more about authenticating watches then any Gen Fora.

Nothing about that Hulk looks even slightly suspicious to me. Everything you can see looks genuine.

I saw a video of AD opening a beautiful, freshly wrapped Nautilus once and almost all the comments were people saying it’s fake as an expensive watch would never come in plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I saw a video of AD opening a beautiful, freshly wrapped Nautilus once and almost all the comments were people saying it’s fake as an expensive watch would never come in plastic

Ahahaha this is hilarious :D

soupy

Horology Curious
2/6/19
This guy got cleared and everyone involved started writing public apologies to each other. It was actually pretty pathetic to read from the beginning to end. Some of the insults thrown at each other and the threatening flexes were disgusting.

Reactions: Kevstah

Rolexx

Renowned Member
21/1/15
Lol I saw this on Reptime. I knew it was Gen from the first picture. It always makes me laugh when I see these snobby gen owners act like they know everything there is to know about gens. And even when they’re corrected they continue to insist they know more than you because they own one and you don’t. I’ve seen many fakes on TRF and r/Rolex being complimented, it’s all a big joke.

Reactions: Kevstah and KJ2020

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Lol I saw this on Reptime. I knew it was Gen from the first picture. It always makes me laugh when I see these snobby gen owners act like they know everything there is to know about gens. And even when they’re corrected they continue to insist they know more than you because they own one and you don’t. I’ve seen many fakes on TRF and r/Rolex being complimented, it’s all a big joke.

Lucky we have RWI ;)

Pope

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/2/19
The reps are so good now that they are getting paranoid and are erroneously calling out gens as reps.

Reactions: BIONONE

zach_1622

Known Member
5/2/19
After being a member of both gen and rep-forums I have to say hands down that both the people and the knowledge is much better on the rep forums :) Love this place, left all my "gen" forums and facebook groups even though i own gens... And now reps! :D

Reactions: ACL-REP and KJ2020