• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franken 116610 LV - Any Ideas?

ChinoWolf

Certified
29/10/17
USA
Just getting into the game of a 116610LV. I've read many posts saying the BP 9015 dial is the best dial and the Noob V9 is the best case. Is that information still accurate and up to date? What about ARF? Please help!

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
My build:
- arf case
- arf bracelet
- vrf3135 movement
- bp dial
- gen bezel
- gen insert
- gen xtal
- gen dw
- gen crown
- gen tube

currently the watch is getting the BP dial markers swapped to arf ones.

for the case and bracelet i used arf because for me, i like the SELs to be even and gapless between the lugs. I heard the noob case + arf bracelet is a hit or miss, and i wont bother to give it a try. Noob case is $230 usd from TDs, so yeah, taking the safe route lol.

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
bedbe620673fb4d18a69122a07f2e7a1.jpg

4fb5c8d0286c14c3e0f7df0b14adb494.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: OldNavitimer

ChinoWolf

Certified
29/10/17
USA
My build:
- arf case
- arf bracelet
- vrf3135 movement
- bp dial
- gen bezel
- gen insert
- gen xtal
- gen dw
- gen crown
- gen tube

for the case and bracelet i used arf because for me, i like the SELs to be even and gapless between the lugs. I heard the noob case + arf bracelet is a hit or miss, and i wont bother to give it a try. Noob case is $230 usd from TDs, so yeah, taking the safe route lol.

Very informative and impressive build! Other than the SEL difference between Noob and ARF, is there any additional difference on the case shape? I think I also would like minimum lug gaps so I might choose ARF base too.

The BP dial is the 9015 dial with 4 dial feet right? So this mod would require all dial feet to be cut off and use dial dots attached?

Is there any reason to swap out the SH3135V2 in the ARF for the VRF 3135 other than the blue hair spring?

Thanks again for the quick response.

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
My build:
- arf case
- arf bracelet
- vrf3135 movement
- bp dial
- gen bezel
- gen insert
- gen xtal
- gen dw
- gen crown
- gen tube

Great build! I have a very similar one but slightly different:

VR3135 case modified to 1:1 - the VR case holds the moment just like the gen and is same inside also like gen unlike noob and ARF. You can get whatever little remains modified to gen spec. ARF has boxy lugs and CG aren’t the best. If you’re going all out, you can even get a custom serial number engraved (I didn’t do that).

Gen 3135 with bleu parachrom spring

I also put the ARF bracelet, nice tight SEL, got it recessed while the watch was being built.

Rest everything is same as yours gen Insert and bezel, BP Dial, gen xtal etc.

OP, yes, that’s the BP Miyota Dial. Your TD should be able to get it for you.

ChinoWolf

Certified
29/10/17
USA
Great build! I have a very similar one but slightly different:

VR3135 case modified to 1:1 - the VR case holds the moment just like the gen and is same inside also like gen unlike noob and ARF. You can get whatever little remains modified to gen spec. ARF has boxy lugs and CG aren’t the best. If you’re going all out, you can even get a custom serial number engraved (I didn’t do that).

Gen 3135 with bleu parachrom spring

I also put the ARF bracelet, nice tight SEL, got it recessed while the watch was being built.

Rest everything is same as yours gen Insert and bezel, BP Dial, gen xtal etc.

OP, yes, that’s the BP Miyota Dial. Your TD should be able to get it for you.

So the VRF bracelet is no good and the SEL is not tight? What about the VRF dial?

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
VRF bracelet is excellent too (better than noob) but the ARF clasp is a tad bit better.
Since this was my grail watch, I went all in except the serial number.

SEL fitment is something that you can see in your QC. If it’s a bit here or there, you can get it modded.

Mine had decent fitment with the original bracelet but I swapped it to ARF with gen spring bars.

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
Also, the dial is pretty good and you can keep it but the sun burst on BP is slightly better. It’s just about how much OCD do you have (I’m still looking for a gen dial).

They used to have BP dials in the VRF Max before VR3135 came out.

Also, the crown and hands on VR3135 don’t need changing. That saves you some money.

The DW is super close too but I changed that anyway.

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
Yeah, BP dial for me is good enough. But the markers are too white while the gens are more creamy.

The noob case is closer to gen, arf lugs are fat and CG is boxy but from me i care about the SEL more as i cant really see the difference between the two. (People have different OCDness, so u might want to go which ever bothers u IMHO)

so my movement is vrf3135 because my stock watch was a vrf3135 sub. I didnt like how the gaps appear on the vrf case and bracelet, so i sourced the arf case and bracelet.

Good luck bro!

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17

A little comparison of the dial markers colors i mentioned.

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS

A little comparison of the dial markers colors i mentioned.

Agreed but SEL fitment is a QC issue not a watch specific issue.

This is a franken VR3135 with stock bracelet. Look at how nicely the SEL is recessed.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
My build:
- arf case
- arf bracelet
- vrf3135 movement
- bp dial
- gen bezel
- gen insert
- gen xtal
- gen dw
- gen crown
- gen tube

TYL88

Can I ask, how much did that all cost you? I'd love to do the same but roughly how much am I looking at?
Could you pm me if you don't want to say on a public forum.

Thanks,

James

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
Sel was okay, but on mine theres a gap between the bracelet and the lugs. And also arf bracelet for me is much better in feel. My vrf feels flimsy maybe an oil bath would help it, but i dont know too.

Your franken looks great too!

Here’s a pic of mine when its still with the vrf case and bracelet (the gap is visible to me, my ocd i guess lol)

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
TYL88 I do see the gap in your photo. But couldn’t you have just got the ARF bracelet fitted to the VRF case which is nicer than ARF in shape?

For sure ARF bracelet is nicer. In fact I kept it next to gen and you can’t spot them unless you look at the engravings.

Reactions: KJ2020

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
TYL88 You mentioned you’re getting the markers replaced. I didn’t think of that before but now I’m tempted. Based on what I’ve seen and read the triangle and rectangle markers are best (rounded) on ZZF and round markers are best on the ARF.

I will have to see how they were on the stock VR3135 dial since I don’t know which dial is that. If they’re already off-white I can simply swap with those markers.

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
Its still a work on progress, i still dont know how it look until its done. If the arf didnt turn out well, i would pick the best rounded sharp edges on the markers and ask my modder to relume the markers and hands so that they are the same color. I’ll def post a pic when its done tho.

About the vrf case and the arf bracelet, my vrf bracelet have this little squeky sound which isnt oiled yet. But, i didnt bother as i bought arf case n bracelet already.

Reactions: ticktocker

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Its still a work on progress, i still dont know how it look until its done. If the arf didnt turn out well, i would pick the best rounded sharp edges on the markers and ask my modder to relume the markers and hands so that they are the same color. I’ll def post a pic when its done tho.

About the vrf case and the arf bracelet, my vrf bracelet have this little squeky sound which isnt oiled yet. But, i didnt bother as i bought arf case n bracelet already.

There really isn’t good round markers on any of the rep dials. Zzf is a possibility but I wouldn’t bet on a new maker...find a damage dial on eBay and get the markers off of a gen