• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this a fake Tudor 7928

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Hi Guys,
A local seller is advertising this watch for sale, i'm trying to learn between real and fake ( I find this very difficult) so any input would be appreciated...

My thoughts are:
Dial is to white and clean for this vintage & Swiss at bottom of dial should read 'T-SWISS-T' (could it have be changed at some point in it's life)
It's the wrong bracelet, should be riveted (again, could it have been changed?)
No engraving on case-back
Are the crown guards too fat?

I have no picks of serial numbers or movement. Thanks in advance for any input. P.S Selling cheap at $3800AUD

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Same guy is also selling this 2015 Pelagos.... no box and papers... really!

Have no comments to make on this one, I've got no idea what to look for!

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
Would you care to embellish pls

It’s a Cartel rep. Thick case, thick mis-shaped lugs, thick CG’s, thick bezel, incorrect bezel profile, typical rep bracelet, rep crown (way too big and wrong profile), rep end links (correct end links didn’t have a slot for a spring bar tool). I’m just going on describing the shortcomings of a typical Cartel rep. Take a look at any TD site and compare this to a 7928 rep.
Its a stock Cartel rep being sold for a 10x mark up.

Reactions: Jackster

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Yep that’s a JK factory vintage with a Tudor dial. It’s a good base but needs a lot of modding to look genuine. That one is completely unmodded with the flaws mentioned above.

Reactions: Jackster