• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Submariner 116610 bazel faded

madeye

Looking Around
13/6/19
Hi guys,

I've bought a fantastic Submariner 116610 LN Black Ceramic ARF 1:1 Best Edition 904L SS Case and Bracelet A2824 in december, whose bezel however would appear to be faded now. Or, at least he doesn't look black to me anymore.

Could you please confirm if there is a problem with my bezel/watch and hopefuly resolve it?

Many thanks!

VFv5EI.md.jpg

VFva9r.md.jpg

Last edited:

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
More important than the bezel fading is the pip. Get a new one, some TD's can supply a replacement. :)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Have you tried cleaning the bezel? Ceramic doesn't fade. It can scratch, but that's a different matter. Get a jewelry cleaning cloth and some eyeglass cleaner or isopropyl alcohol. Moisten the cloth (not saturated) and swipe it across the ceramic, taking care not to rub the marker cutouts. It should return to like new condition if it's not be physically damaged.

Reactions: sn95

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
Have you tried cleaning it? I'd source another one either way due to the pearl missing

madeye

Looking Around
13/6/19
I don't think it's a matter of dust.

My bezel seems really grey and not black anymore. It's hard to capture this on a flat photo. When i move my hand (and the the watch is oblique), you can clearly see this effect.

I can't believe I'm the only one who's had defected this..

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I don't think it's a matter of dust.

My bezel seems really grey and not black anymore. It's hard to capture this on a flat photo. When i move my hand (and the the watch is oblique), you can clearly see this effect.

I can't believe I'm the only one who's had defected this..

Seriously try cleaning with alcohol. I'm not talking about dust, but something caked and dried on. Worst case scenario is you have to buy a new insert around $80 maybe for a good one.

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
There appears to be a film of some kind on your insert. Try KJ2020 suggestion, but first do soap and water then proceed to alcohol if the soap and water doesn't work. But you're still better off buying a new one with your insert pearl problem.