• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Considering the Explorer II, has anyone purchased one? Any advice?

Esragency

Horology Curious
9/6/19
I've seen plenty of reviews for the Sub, but nothing for the explorer II, is there a reason?

The_Estimator

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/18
Bump. Interested to hear some feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

davealum

Certified
24/2/17
Left side of the USA
I believe it’s just a difficult model because the CHS models are ticking time bombs. The ICHS are more reliable, but they are incorrect.

naturaqua

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/7/18
Hope they release a nice 216570 with CHS - the white dial is so cool

The_Estimator

3/11/18
It really sounds like there are no “good” options at this time. Maybe it’s worth waiting for a new batch.

adj

Known Member
12/4/19
I have the noob version chs, got it here in m2m. Nice and works fine. Movement is delicate but if you follow the rules when setting time and gmt, you’ll have not bad surprises

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

Cyrusthevirus

19/8/18
Any thoughts on GM 904 version?
After rejecting few QC pics, i got a shortlisted with a. Video, not sure if its up to the mark but looks promising

af_newbie

12/4/19
Canada
I've seen plenty of reviews for the Sub, but nothing for the explorer II, is there a reason?

None of them have good dial markers. Too grey. The markers should be snow white just like the handles.

Maybe the handles and the dial are done by different teams, so we get different shades of grey.

If any factory comes out with a good dial, it will make a killing.

federik91

Renowned Member
3/12/15
I have the noob version chs, got it here in m2m. Nice and works fine. Movement is delicate but if you follow the rules when setting time and gmt, you’ll have not bad surprises

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

in your opionio, whats the right rules for set a gmt or a exploer with CHS movement?

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
I have 3 explorer ii: Noob white from BK, BP black and JF black v3. They all have ichs which very reliable and relatively easy to fix.
Cosmetically, i like JF dial or the overall look for some reasons.

naturaqua

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/7/18
I have 3 explorer ii: Noob white from BK, BP black and JF black v3. They all have ichs which very reliable and relatively easy to fix.
Cosmetically, i like JF dial or the overall look for some reasons.

Pics with all three side-by-side, please? :)

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Pics with all three side-by-side, please? :)

Here you go. If you notice, my black dial explorers still have plastic wrappers that because I have so many watches and I don't wear them. I just buy; I am hoarder. LOL

All of them has ICHS. Noob is old, BP is newer, JF is the newest one: V3

IMG-2553.jpg

IMG-5795.jpg

IMG-5549.jpg

IMG-3091.jpg

Last edited:

naturaqua

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/7/18
Here you go. If you notice, my black dial explorers still have plastic wrappers that because I have so many watches and I don't wear them. I just buy; I am hoarder. LOL

All of them has ICHS. Noob is old, BP is newer, JF is the newest one: V3

IMG-2553.jpg

IMG-5795.jpg

IMG-5549.jpg

IMG-3091.jpg

LOL. Thanks for the pics! Love the white dial explorer! Wear them in good health!