• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Submariner Super Clone

Jbrahm

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/18
Bracelet u need special tool to pop out the spring bars so u don't mess up the back. Crystal u need a press to press it in, need to disassemble the watch to get it in. You can buy parts separate, only gen Crystal has LEC Clark do not have this ....

I'm working on my own super sub rep too but with ARF SH3135. I order from prof and he says it does have LEC at 6 o' clock. The ZZF bezel and insert is better than ARF and Noob IMO. Not sure about Spongebob.

Reactions: Volvo 850r

Jpt1991

6/6/19
I recently saw a post that seemed to show that arf updated the DW in it to be closer to gen (someone please correct me if im wrong on this). If that is true, then imo arf 116610LN sh3135v2 is the best ootb by far.

Also, i recently spoke to prof and he confirmed his crystals do have LEC at the 6

Reactions: Mav2000 and Tcc13c

gunsmoke16610

FIVE-Digit
Patron
Certified
23/10/18
A TC 16610 is one of the best watches ever made, its not perfect but close. Here is one of mine, gen crown, crystal and insert.

VxZL8p.jpg

Last edited:

Mav2000

10/1/19
What are your thoughts on the vrf with a2836?

Is it as well regarded as the version with the clone movement?

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
VRF Max A2836 is a true bargain. But shitty crystal. Put a prof or DSXtal in and you‘ve got a very nice watch for around 500 bucks.

AFAIK prof does not provide LEC on his crystals. Ordered 2 from him and both don’t have a LEC.

Greets Andi

MacPhlea

23/2/19
I recently saw a post that seemed to show that arf updated the DW in it to be closer to gen (someone please correct me if im wrong on this). If that is true, then imo arf 116610LN sh3135v2 is the best ootb by far.

Also, i recently spoke to prof and he confirmed his crystals do have LEC at the 6

I have just swapped out the ARF DW on a SH3135 v2 and whilst the font is pretty good there is a marked difference in the background colour when you place them side by side - the ARF is almost grey in comparison.

https://picr.me/image/VFxCaX

Also nodding with DSxtal DAR (weighed up between that and the black hole and prefer the pop of the DAR) and a clean factory bezel - it’s due back this week as the service took a bit longer due to the manual winder being broken 3135-250 x 2 so took the opportunity to replace and couple of other bits that can be a bit weak on the 3135

Sent from the RWI App

Mav2000

10/1/19

How much do the Prof crystals usually sell for?

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
VRF Max A2836 is a true bargain. But shitty crystal. Put a prof or DSXtal in and you‘ve got a very nice watch for around 500 bucks.

AFAIK prof does not provide LEC on his crystals. Ordered 2 from him and both don’t have a LEC.

Greets Andi

Prof crystals are available with LEC - you simply have to specify that when you place an order with Prof.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smpfan

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
ARF date don’t has been hit and miss lately. The one I ordered was way to bold. I bought the whole ARF watch for the bracelet, I bought the watch with crystal from Prof directly but if I had it to do over again I would buy prof I’d buy a gen crystal they are far superior in my opinion. Me the spongebob insert I simply bought and installed.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
I can see with all of the above posts regarding the best Rolex Sub. that everyone is concentrated on the 116610 [ceramic version]. But then, it is agreed upon that the best Sub ever was [and is] the 16610 [non ceramic] version. The one made by TC. .......... Have you guys ever wondered why this is so. ...... Well, chasing perfection and getting close to it was already done by TC. He stuck it out with his 16610. For a good number of years. The [ceramic] 116610 was already out with lots of versions for a good number of years, yet he stuck it out with the 16610. And he got damn close to perfection. And so did a good number of members here who only worked on the 16610. They all knew that working on the 116610 was an exercise in despair. ........... Perhaps, maybe, we should shift our time and efforts into the 16610 instead of the newest and the latest and the greatest 116610 ! Then maybe, we can all get close to what the TC Sub was and start smiling once again. With the 16610, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. And hope is still attainable. All you have to do is break free of this 'gotta have the latest and the greatest' model mindset. Tons of 16610 owners out there are smiling ear to ear. And have not looked back. ........... The holy grail is available. And every step is a step forward. Not the other way around........... Good luck to all.

Reactions: Tcc13c

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
A couple of things;

A 'BK Sub' is 100% identical to a standard Noob Sub, apart from having a gen ETA / Selita instead of a clone movement.
That big long list of 'mods' is not so relevant anymore - mostly QC. Externally - its identical.

A TC sub is not available, apart from M2M via mostly pre-arranged sale threads.
So 'shifting our efforts' to a TC 16610 is going to be a big waste of time for most.

Tcc13c

Known Member
9/6/19
I can see with all of the above posts regarding the best Rolex Sub. that everyone is concentrated on the 116610 [ceramic version]. But then, it is agreed upon that the best Sub ever was [and is] the 16610 [non ceramic] version. The one made by TC. .......... Have you guys ever wondered why this is so. ...... Well, chasing perfection and getting close to it was already done by TC. He stuck it out with his 16610. For a good number of years. The [ceramic] 116610 was already out with lots of versions for a good number of years, yet he stuck it out with the 16610. And he got damn close to perfection. And so did a good number of members here who only worked on the 16610. They all knew that working on the 116610 was an exercise in despair. ........... Perhaps, maybe, we should shift our time and efforts into the 16610 instead of the newest and the latest and the greatest 116610 ! Then maybe, we can all get close to what the TC Sub was and start smiling once again. With the 16610, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. And hope is still attainable. All you have to do is break free of this 'gotta have the latest and the greatest' model mindset. Tons of 16610 owners out there are smiling ear to ear. And have not looked back. ........... The holy grail is available. And every step is a step forward. Not the other way around........... Good luck to all.

I'd be all for that!

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

I'm not sure to understand your point. Who is "we" when you say "we can all get close"? How do you plan to do that? You make it sound like we are all collectively manufacturing watches. But we have to buy it from a factory, and with TC gone, there is no longer any good 16610 available. Even the JF is not a better 5 digit than ARF or Noob are to 6 digits. So I don't get how you can say that the holy grail is available, it is simply not

Reactions: muiramas

SUMIKITO

Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
I guess some folks here simply dont get it. It will not come in a nice brown box like a TC Sub did. ................ Again, some folks here simply do not and will not ever understand my post above. For them, the latest noob ceramic 116610 is it. And their world revolves around it. .................. To those that do, more power to you, your 16610 builds are very refreshing. You have seen the light. The above comment and this comment is simply 'food for thought'.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Just a random question, i've seen a contact selling some Noob Submariner with "the serial number (matching the rehaut) followed by ROLEX" (as per gen) engraved on the movement, does this is stock or it has been added to it on a stock noob?
Been checked on some website and i'm unable to find a correct picture.
I know he's pretty close "friendship" with Noob, he sent me many video of the factory back in time so i'm wondering if thoses are custom made.

Thanks

EDIT: found some shots on perfectclone website with thoses serials

Picture below

EDIT: found some shots on perfectclone website with thoses serials
​​​​​​​
Capture-d-e-cran-2019-09-09-a-18-41-48.png

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
I guess some folks here simply dont get it.

I think everyone 'gets' what you are saying.

It will not come in a nice brown box like a TC Sub did.

Correct - no one can get a new TC Sub anymore - the TC sub is irrelevant to the thread.
Even an old TC sub won't come in a nice brown box.

Again, some folks here simply do not and will not ever understand my post above. For them, the latest noob ceramic 116610 is it.

Your post is understood, as is its lack of relevance to the OP!

SUMIKITO

Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Like I said, food for thought...... the fixation on a perfect 116610 Rep has to dropped. Clearing the mind will bring about a better 16610 Rep. It is bound to come. It is long overdue. But it will come.

Reactions: Tcc13c

Angelo77

Horology Curious
18/6/19
Die beste Rolex Replica, stellt definitiv ZZF her. Die V2, ist derzeit am nächsten an der echten replica dran. Der kronenschutz ist das einzige was noch nicht so ganz passt. Der ist immer zu groß. Es kommt aber bald eine verbesserte Version raus das ist dann die V3.
Du du kannst mich auch gerne mal kontaktieren auf Facebook oder Whatsapp 0176 3637 1648 für Deutschland