• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Read too much on Submariners. Help guide me !

J8900

Horology Curious
9/6/19
Looking for some help, getting a bit lost after reading too much conflicting and out of date posts I could do with some pointers.

I'm after a Submariner replica, leaning towards green dial and bezel at the moment. Flexible on date but think I would prefer it with.

I looked on this list https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...sion/308081-consensual-list-super-reps-nwbigs

And find the TC version is the one to have, but further searches indicate no longer available. I then thought I would go for a Noob V8 but after reading this comparison, the Noob seems quite poor in nearly every category ?

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...nd-comparison-vs-gen-arf-noob-and-nail-part-i

So the ZZF looks pretty good in this review , but it's preorder and couldn't see any mention of green being available.

In addition I just read another thread talking about how imperfections that may look bad in pictures are often barely visible on the finished product, so perhaps not the best place to make the decision.

Important to me:
-Weight
-Bracelet weight/quality (not tinny like on cheap ones)
-Dial accuracy (long f and slanted = , font and straight markers)
-Bezel colour and accuracy in print
-Overall quality. I'll wear it 2 or 3 times a week for as long as it lasts.

With that in mind which do you think I should be looking at ?

In terms of budget , I'd rather pay circa $300 but might stretch to $400. Dealers that I've learned towards so far are Puretime and Trustytime but again open. I was planning on paying in bitcoin any reason not to?

Any help appreciated.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
The top models are closer to $500. I’m not aware of any good ones at 300 but depending on your expectations you could find something. Maybe a regmariner from narikaa if it suits your needs. It’s a lot of watch for the price imo. You gotta read more and make your own decition. TC subs are only availble as m2m sales and generally go like hot bread and definately at a lot higher price than your aim.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Get a noob v8 no date. Price is less than ARF or Noob v9. There are also no stock reps with a good date wheel at the moment - the current ARF sucks because of this. There is no current LV / hulk bezel which is a good likeness of the real one - a rep bezel is easily spotted in real life.

Reactions: rolexppapfan

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Get a noob v8 no date. Price is less than ARF or Noob v9. There are also no stock reps with a good date wheel at the moment - the current ARF sucks because of this. There is no current LV / hulk bezel which is a good likeness of the real one - a rep bezel is easily spotted in real life.

Agreed. Noob datewheel is the best available but that means a non AR cyclops, and the datewheel is often left justified. ARF hands are better but bezel might be engraved off center and they don't make a no date.

Noob V8 no date is a safe bet to wear daily and not get called out. It will need a bezel paint mod sooner or later.

Noob V8 is a great value at $358
VnBsUh.jpg

Reactions: MarkMarky

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY
The top models are closer to $500. I’m not aware of any good ones at 300 but depending on your expectations you could find something. Maybe a regmariner from narikaa if it suits your needs. It’s a lot of watch for the price imo. You gotta read more and make your own decition. TC subs are only availble as m2m sales and generally go like hot bread and definately at a lot higher price than your aim.

358 noob v8

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY
YES get a noob v8 but consider doing the bezel paint mod immediately as KJ2020 said , there was a post yesterday and a guy had a noob for 1 week and the paint started to flake or u can buy a better bezel

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY
Yeah that’s pretty cheap. The 904L steel hype is costing way too much IMO. Prices skyrocketed because of that. $478 for the v9 in 904L steel. Whether 904L steel is even better is debateable.

I do agree + 478$ for ARF with bad DW but 528$$$ for a NOOB

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY
I wonder if all these watches made with 904L are actually all 904L maybe some are just 316L AND OTHERS 904L (WE NEVER KNOW)

Reactions: KJ2020

J8900

Horology Curious
9/6/19
Thanks for all the input really appreciate it . I'm pretty much sold on the Noob V8 now thank you. Just got to decide regarding datewheel.

Bezel issues, anyone point me in the right direction into researching this? Are the noob bezels easily replaced if the need arises? Mate has a v7 for some time without bezel issues is this new to the V8 onwards?

J8900

Horology Curious
9/6/19
As I don't want to spend money or be disappointed with bezel I've decided to leave it for now and might go for the one I mentioned above at a later date.

Instead I'm looking at the ZF Tudor Black Bay in red. The super rep thread speaks highly of it and it's cheaper as a bonus.