• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610 and 16610 Opinions?

Deepdweller

Known Member
6/6/19
How does this "2017" 116610 listed on August 2018 look to you guys? Looking for secondary confirmation, everything looks off to me - the case, insert, the fitment of the end-links and the crystal.

863t.jpg

863v.jpg

863o.jpg

863p.jpg

863r.jpg

863q.jpg

And here's the K Serial 16610. The photos are low quality but that's how they came and it's all the photos I have.

Would appreciate your thoughts on this 116610.

Last edited:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
The best person to ask whether a Rolex is Gen/Fake/Franken etc is smoke though whether he'd want to help out is obviously up to him.

Deepdweller

Known Member
6/6/19
I've now uncovered the nature of that 16610 - exactly which parts are genuine and fake, including provenance. But I still would appreciate secondary opinions on that 116610.

Oris

Public Figure
Supporter
25/7/13
smoke is the expert.

IMO both are over polished...

6 digit: likely some kind of franken. The crystal looks genuine, the bezel insert is suspect, and in these photos, the dial looks rough. Case/lug shape is over polished at best.
Movement looks nice, but there are some hot looking SH3135s out there, so I'm not conclusive.

5 digit: over polished at best. Insert/pip looks genuine. Lug shape and SEL fitment look okay, but so do a lot of TCs. Not many rep cases combine holed lugs and decent lug shape and SEL fitment, though.

Over to more learned eyes.

Deepdweller

Known Member
6/6/19
What’s the bracelet code for the 6 digit?

The two or three photos I left out of that 116610 were just repetitive photos of the watch on top of a watch box. Code is unknown but seller claims it's a 2017 116610.

Oris

Public Figure
Supporter
25/7/13
The two or three photos I left out of that 116610 were just repetitive photos of the watch on top of a watch box. Code is unknown but seller claims it's a 2017 116610.

There's no way that dial is 2017.

Deepdweller

Known Member
6/6/19
smoke is the expert.

IMO both are over polished...

6 digit: likely some kind of franken. The crystal looks genuine, the bezel insert is suspect, and in these photos, the dial looks rough. Case/lug shape is over polished at best.
Movement looks nice, but there are some hot looking SH3135s out there, so I'm not conclusive.

5 digit: over polished at best. Insert/pip looks genuine. Lug shape and SEL fitment look okay, but so do a lot of TCs. Not many rep cases combine holed lugs and decent lug shape and SEL fitment, though.

Over to more learned eyes.

Thanks. I've now already discovered the actual provenance of the 5 digit Sub, I can tell you that it's a heavily modified TC with a genuine movement.

Oris

Public Figure
Supporter
25/7/13
Thanks. I've now already discovered the actual provenance of the 5 digit Sub, I can tell you that it's a heavily modified TC with a genuine movement.

Holes must have been drilled aftermarket.

Deepdweller

Known Member
6/6/19
Holes must have been drilled aftermarket.

Definitely. This idiot left a trail breadcrumbs, no, a trail consisting of loaves of bread that was just waiting to be discovered. This guy should be shitting his pants - if he hasn't already from what's already been posted.

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
This 6 digit Sub has got a gen movement I guess. Look at the balance. It‘s a free sprung balance without regulation studs.

Greets Andi

Reactions: Oris

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Six digit looks franken..case maybe noob..all else gen including movement..without bracelet code can’t tell by Picts

Deepdweller

Known Member
6/6/19
Six digit looks franken..case maybe noob..all else gen including movement..without bracelet code can’t tell by Picts

Thanks! This watch was also sold as a genuine watch by a certain someone...

-

Anyone else have any comments on this 116610? Would like to hear your thoughts.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Thanks! This watch was also sold as a genuine watch by a certain someone...

-

Anyone else have any comments on this 116610? Would like to hear your thoughts.

link to the sale ?

Deepdweller

Known Member
6/6/19
link to the sale ?

Curious to see the original thread to that 6 digit.

Linking soon.

A modified TC was also knowingly misrepresented as genuine by this guy. Sold for £4,9k! And this all happened before the 5514 and 1665 saga. The sales of the fake watches is what probably emboldened him to try and sell fake HOT vintage pieces for five digits a few months after.

Last edited:

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
,the dial is noob v7 as the crown has that weird round part at the bottom that the noob v7 subs had in the 3rd batch .the markers look good though in this lighting very gen like but I don't like the dial crown on this,the insert is gen the bezel assembly looks to be gen or heavily polished gen ,the crown is probably gen can't see the logo but looks gen, the the date disc is gen and I think the hands are also gen.the caliber 3135 is gen old style from , silicon style with no blue parachrome .this movement would not be in a gen 116610 as they all have blue parachrome . As for the case it has the movement cut out and super dark rehaut engraving looks gen .braclet is maybe gen sel looks ok yeah the gap is there but the watch has been pokoshided and this can happen after heavy polishing the end link sides

so without marcros of the rehaut engraving to prove it's not a v6s I'm saying it's a gen with a replaced movement and a noob dial.as for the bracelet without seeing the end link engraving and codes I'll assume it's gen until proven otherwise.same goes with that clasp.that pic looks to be a gen clasp from 2019 .so that has also been replaced.as this watchbwould have come with a sandblasted clasp.but again without the clasp 3 didget code and clear pics I can't say for sure but the new pic added as bead as it is looks like my gen 2019 clasp

so for 1000 percent proof it's a gen case or v6s rehaut pics are needed as I've seen v6s with this dark engraving a few times but most had the almost white engravings.

Last edited:

Deepdweller

Known Member
6/6/19

This guy made sure the clasp wasn't visible at all in all of the photos but I've rechecked and found this photo where part of the clasp is visible, though I can't make out the code. The "code" is Geneva. Lol.

86dv.jpg

86e2.jpg

86dw.jpg

And here's the all of the other photos that weren't previously posted.

86e0.jpg

86dx.jpg

86dy.jpg

86dz.jpg

It's a Franken v6s ,the dial is noob v7 as the crown has that weird round part at the bottom that the noob v7 subs had in the 3rd batch .the markers look good though in this lighting very gen like but I don't like the dial crown on this,the insert is gen the bezel assembly looks to be rep or heavily polished gen ,the crown is probably gen can't see the logo but looks gen, the the date disc is gen and I think the hands are also gen.the caliber 3135 is gen old style from , silicon style with no blue parachrome .this movement would not be in a gen 116610 as they all have blue parachrome . As for the case it has the movement cut outso its a v6s .braclet is rep looks like the stock v6s bracelet.and no clasp pics so I'm assuming it's the v6s clasp aswell

Thank you smoke e. One thing though, the 3135 appears to me that it has a parachrom hairspring.

86e1.jpg

3135b.jpg

There's a blue tint to his hairspring, comparing his movement to a 3135 with a Nivarox it looks to me that it's parachrom.

He also seems to be aware of that fact as he was looking to buy a 3135 with a blue parachom hairspring a month before that 116610 was sold. Also, I rechecked and found a photo that shows part of the clasp.

Looking to purchase gen 3135 movement. Preferable with blue parachrom.

Last edited:

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Screenshot-20190610-131811-Opera.jpg

this is a blue the 3135 is the watch is not blue parachrome

ps I've edited my post as I believe this is a over polished gen .with a replacement movement from an older watch.and a replacement clasp from a new watch.amd a replacement box from a new watch.

Last edited:

Oris

Public Figure
Supporter
25/7/13
This guy made sure the clasp wasn't visible at all in all of the photos but I've rechecked and found this photo where part of the clasp is visible, though I can't make out the code. The "code" is Geneva. Lol.

86dv.jpg

86e2.jpg

86dw.jpg

And here's the all of the other photos that weren't previously posted.

86e0.jpg

86dx.jpg

86dy.jpg

86dz.jpg

Thank you smoke e. One thing though, the 3135 appears to me that it has a parachrom hairspring.

86e1.jpg

3135b.jpg

There's a blue tint to his hairspring, comparing his movement to a 3135 with a Nivarox it looks to me that it's parachrom.

He also seems to be aware of that fact as he was looking to buy a 3135 with a blue parachom hairspring a month before that 116610 was sold. Also, I rechecked and found a photo that shows part of the clasp.

Watch looks a lot more cohesive in this second set of photos...

Last edited: