• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[HOT NEWS] SA3135 is dead

thescorpiusgroup

13/11/15
Would most agree that the Noob v9 116610 LN w/ AS3135 is the most preferential choice compared to the Arf SH3135v2?

And then at the least mod with a prof/gen xtal and gen DW?

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
To add to OP’s reply: 1) gen or Spongebob insert; 2) ARF bracelet. Now you’re good to go!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

VaderTime

9/10/17
Just wondering, is there a way to tell if it's possible to identify the AS3135 movement without opening up the case back?

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
Just wondering, is there a way to tell if it's possible to identify the AS3135 movement without opening up the case back?

The winding feeling, but you have to be experienced with every 313X, gen, sh, sa, as, to be able to tell the difference.

Reactions: Volvo 850r

VaderTime

9/10/17
The winding feeling, but you have to be experienced with every 313X, gen, sh, sa, as, to be able to tell the difference.

I guess I’ll just have to wait until I send the watch to service to find out lol

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I had one of the new DJF movements on my already sold Hulk. Can confirm +60h of power reserve, time sets like a 3135 and the design is strange as it borrows some stuff from Seiko movements (like some of the autowind levers). It's a decent movement but I can't say anything about longevity. There are some photos in one of the DJF Hulk threads.

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
I had one of the new DJF movements on my already sold Hulk. Can confirm +60h of power reserve, time sets like a 3135 and the design is strange as it borrows some stuff from Seiko movements (like some of the autowind levers). It's a decent movement but I can't say anything about longevity. There are some photos in one of the DJF Hulk threads.

Nothing to do with 3135 clones. It's not a clone.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
No it is not a clone! stop saying that. It's a miyota/seiko/eta/china franken-movement.

Easy mate, I'm trying to contribute here, sorry if I was mistaken.

Care to elaborate about that fake clone? How do you know about it?

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
Easy mate, I'm trying to contribute here, sorry if I was mistaken.

Care to elaborate about that fake clone? How do you know about it?

What I know is that in case it breaks you won't be able to supply a replacement part nor complete movement. It doesn't takes any parts from known movements so it's up on you to use it. The looks of it have nothing to do with 3135, better get an ETA based watch.

Don't be hyped by the 60hour power reserve on them. Anything more than 40 hours on an automatic watch is a sale gimmick for nerds. If you intend on not wearing a watch for over 2 days and you want it winded just get a winder, but I also would advise otherwise, just let it stop(unless we are talking a perpetual calendar, which would take time to set).

Last edited:
Reactions: Nur-Uhr and Tobel

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Nothing to do with 3135 clones. It's not a clone.

I wasn't saying it was. The DJF was mentioned in this thread and I was adding some proven info, including the fact that it's a Seiko based movement. Perhaps you should take it easy and calm down a little bit...

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Yes but it is not Seiko based. It has got nothing to do with any Seiko movements nor it is a 3135 clone in any way.
It shares known elements from popular movements e. g. double balance bridge, Seiko levers in the autowind module and layout similarities with Seagull ST?.
I don’t understand why they call it „super clone movement“.
Painted gears and a Rolex style rotor don’t make a clone. And there is not only DJF using this weird movement.

Greets Andi

RDRoss

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
Asmodeus , Any idea which TDs and models will have these updated movements and when?

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Lol. Self awareness is a good thing usually.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asmodeus

yongsum

Supporter
Certified
3/6/19
dang it sure is a lot to take in.
on the one hand I want good looking watches (Hulk, Pepsi and Daytona), ARF was the answer but now the new NOOB is also great ?
and for working chronos, NOOB.
a clone movement, but of course only if it works well enough. :hypnotized::hypnotized::hypnotized:

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
dang it sure is a lot to take in.
on the one hand I want good looking watches (Hulk, Pepsi and Daytona), ARF was the answer but now the new NOOB is also great ?
and for working chronos, NOOB.
a clone movement, but of course only if it works well enough. :hypnotized::hypnotized::hypnotized:

Well if you don’t wanna franken and don’t mind the slightly low crown position (which nobody but geeks will notice) and opposite time setting direction an A28xx movement is probably a better choice for the stability and low price of spare parts plus any watch maker should be able to service it if they want to deal with clone movements ofc. If it breaks you can replace it with a gen ETA for a reasonable price.