• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

16610lv kermit build

romito_21

5/5/19
Hey guys, i’m still a bit new but been lurking the forum for a while now. i’m wanting to build a franken 16610lv kermit. i have read heaps of threads on it but still need a few more things answered.

so i would start with the jf version of the watch. would you guys go with the non rehaut version or with the rehaut?

will a gen insert fit straight into the bezel?

also where should i go to buy a gen crystal? or is there a rep crystal that will be close to gen?

thanks heaps guys i wanna do a review on it all once i’m done with it.

Reactions: mmm001

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond
Non rehaut is the most popular although its based on an M series so rehaut ok and more personal preference. Some have had gen inserts fit without issues, others not , ie the gen needed sanding which no one wants to do to a gen LV. Gen crystals come up for sale here regularly and will fit but the stock crystal is regarded as ok to. Most members here would recommend having the movment serviced first. Theres some great threads on the JF 16610. Good luck with the addiction !

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Buy the jf lv and throw a gen crystal on service the movement and your set with a real close gen

ps: no need for a gen lv insert as the jf is very close, besides this, gen ones have like 5-10 variations of colors your safe! If it bothers you that much find a gen pearl and install it to the jf insert.

wanna go further? Install a gen clasp and your golden good luck mate! Enjoy your journey on modds it's enjoyable take your time!

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Technically it's rehaut "engraving", they all have a rehaut ;) As per the advice above you can get a gen crystal but TBH I didn't see much difference since the gen from that period would have no AR. I would definitely start with a gen datewheel though, that's the biggest tell on the JF. WRT the insert, the colour is not really the issue. The rep lacks shine. But you can start with the rep insert and see how you like it. For gen parts you can contact Banana Split . I'd also look into some m2m sales from Johnny Depp as he's built quite a few Kermit's and his posts are very instructive.

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
JF non rehaut, maybe gen crystal, crown and insert but I heard the JF factory inserts are good. I have 2 franken LV's and love them both.

go000ob

Renowned Member
3/11/15
no need for anything but a service and and a gen DW, and you're all set.
but sourcing a Jf 16610 is not that easy these days, coz they're always out of stock.

Reactions: Jerome Rome

onewatch2018

Renowned Member
19/4/18
Here's mine which I bought it from a member here.

The only thing done to this JF was the datewheel. Has the gen DW installed.
01524decaa575a1429accf58e3c017e1.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Banana Split

Renowned Member
26/12/15
Technically it's rehaut "engraving", they all have a rehaut ;) As per the advice above you can get a gen crystal but TBH I didn't see much difference since the gen from that period would have no AR. I would definitely start with a gen datewheel though, that's the biggest tell on the JF. WRT the insert, the colour is not really the issue. The rep lacks shine. But you can start with the rep insert and see how you like it. For gen parts you can contact Banana Split . I'd also look into some m2m sales from Johnny Depp as he's built quite a few Kermit's and his posts are very instructive.

Thanks a lot bro :)

Reactions: Tobel

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
Does the gen period- correct bracelet (don’t have the code in front of me) fit the JF? I owned one and just couldn’t get past the awful feeling of the rep bracelet. Harsh edges, stiff and uncomfortable.

I had a gen 16710 and even tho it was a similar design, the bracelet was buttery smooth.

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
Does the gen period- correct bracelet (don’t have the code in front of me) fit the JF? I owned one and just couldn’t get past the awful feeling of the rep bracelet. Harsh edges, stiff and uncomfortable.

I had a gen 16710 and even tho it was a similar design, the bracelet was buttery smooth.

yes mate, I got a Gen 93250 Bracelet fitted to JF16610 and it fitted really really snug n gr8 just like Gen.

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
While back I read that VRF Max Hulk is closest to gen (color wise)...I guess it's now longer the case but JF?

CarpetRyd

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/3/17
I love to hear these new build stories... Everyone's suggestions here are spot on.
I initially wanted to build an LV for the MAXI dial/handsets configuration.
I'll throw in a little curve for you and this is what I ended up doing with my build and LOVE IT!!! A gen 116610 dial and handset are easier to come by then the respective LV dial / handset. The cool blue lume is so nice...

The LV insert is gen and the "shine" is what separates it from the JF and TC inserts...

I took me some time to build this one b/c i was impatient. I'd get a new part and want it installed right away...
My suggestion would be to determine how far you want to go and start collecting the parts...
Good luck with your build and enjoy the journey!!!! BTW Kermit looks good in LN and LB flavors...

Reactions: Mike116

CarpetRyd

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/3/17
Wow, did the dial fit straight in without issue ? I suppose it could be relumed in green too. Interesting build mate

Yes - the 16610 and 116610 share the same movement (3135) so same-same... Not sure I'd recommend re-luming a gen dial