• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona: This Fake Rolex Is The Most Accurate Yet | Watchfinder & Co

linxujia

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/7/19
If you need a watch to PM me, I can share my whatsapp for you.

Kmmas

7/4/15
So I was fortunate enough to get a Noob Daytona V2.2 before the vacation from my TD. While watching the video and holding the Noob up to my face, I cannot actually see those flaws that are magnified in the video. What are the real tells if you were the hold it side by side with the real one without a loupe?

Is there actually a v2.2 noob? I can only see noob v2 not the V2.2 at the TDs

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Thanks but I spoke to a TD , he said there is no official v2.2....... also I checked 4 diferent to websites none had the V2.2 , only V2s... can you please tell me where I can find the V2.2?

Read the linked threads please...

Just to clarify the "V2.2 name ...again.

116500 V2.2 Dial is not an official name with the Factories or with the Dealers in China.
It is just a name started and used on this forum to easily and consistently label a new Updated dial.

I read in a FAQ by one of the TDs on this forum that the Factories determine if a watch is V1, V2, V3, etc...

In the case of the Noob Daytonas...

- In April 2018 the V1 Noob 116500 and 116520 with a 4130 Clone Movement started release with a 316L Stainless Steel Case.

- In August 2018 the Noob V2 116500 and 116520 replaced the 316L Case with a 904L SS Case and increased the price by $100.

- In February 2019 Noob updated the dials for the Ceramic Bezel 116500 Daytonas only. The 116520s are still unchanged.

The Noob Factory still calls the current 116500 and 116520 Daytonas V2. Most of the TDs are calling the new 116500s "V2 with an Updated Dial."
Some TDs (PureTime for example) don't seem to realize that the dials have changed, even though their QC pictures are clearly showing Updated Dials.

So if you go to a TD and ask for a V2.2 Noob Daytona, they won't know what you are talking about.

TDs apparently sell many different kinds of watches and don't have, or take the time, to focus on a single watch the way that some forum members might do.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
200 TRF members incoming...

(don’t mind - they’re a better crowd than those WUS people)

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Just read through the whole thread, very entertaining watching them squabble over the movement. One "expert" proudy proclaiming That he owns 4 rolexs and that the movement must be genuine because "no Chinese clone movemet has the full functionality of a genuine Daytona" lol

Don’t forget that a lot of these guys would never believe fake watches are made with 904 steel either.

They must be getting to a tipping point soon where their forum mods are going to have to stop locking threads discussing fakes if they are to stop their members having the shit scammed out of them.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
They argue as much as we do! Entertaining read. I'm glad that chap was refunded though. I don't think I'd buy a Rolex from anyone but an AD. Not that I'm going to buy a Rolex when the Reps are as good as they are!

Reactions: Bobi01

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
They argue as much as we do! Entertaining read. I'm glad that chap was refunded though. I don't think I'd buy a Rolex from anyone but an AD. Not that I'm going to buy a Rolex when the Reps are as good as they are!

You just have to make sure that you only buy Rolexes which don't have any decent reps. The 16570 Explorer 2 for example, haven't really seen any of them around.

georgiworld2

8/7/13
I think the improved quality and accuracy of replicas, especially Rolex is really really good for Rolex!

Why?

Look at the astronomic increase in prices for genuine parts and gen vintage Rollies

Collectors will pay even more for proven genuine pieces and that means buying from authorized retailers
8 year wait on a Daytona
Absurd but true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
200 TRF members incoming...

(don’t mind - they’re a better crowd than those WUS people)

i think they’ll be a better crowd after spending some time here. When you mention issues there, some of them just clam up and start whining like an 80 year old nagging wife - complaining/bitching for the sale of complaining/bitching but not saying anything.

Theres been a few times where a listing has been politely pointed out to a seller as a rep and they tell you to “fvck off”, so you go to the mods and they say “if you accuse people of selling replicas, you’ll be banned”. And then 3 days later everyone is trying to wipe egg off their face.

Reps happen. If they weren’t such douchebags over there - completely in denial about everything and rude to everyone (because god forbid someone might know something they don’t) things would be a lot better and maybe Rolex owners wouldn’t have that stereotype of being douches.

Like that one idiot “I know they claim/they’re supposed to check every part for authenticity, but the movement was real so it’s your fault for not being understanding of how/why they sold you a fake watch for $20+k. And also Rolex knows watches get frankened... so the 7 guys who supposedly checked that watch and failed to do their job get a pass”. Or how he said “Rolex didn’t say the movement was fake. Only that everything else about the watch was fake so it’s okay to have sold you that”.

Its funny to read though.

But it it is interesting that a Rolex Service Center had to take in a replica and physically run the serial number to determine it isn’t authentic. I always say that you can hand these reps to most Rolex owners and they’d never be able to tell the difference. I mean, apparently you can hand it to a Rolex Service Center and they can’t tell under a physical inspection.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I think the improved quality and accuracy of replicas, especially Rolex is really really good for Rolex!

Why?

Look at the astronomic increase in prices for genuine parts and gen vintage Rollies

Collectors will pay even more for proven genuine pieces and that means buying from authorized retailers
8 year wait on a Daytona
Absurd but true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is this good for Rolex? They only sell at MSRP. They make zero from the second hand market.

Reactions: Mapearso