• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona: This Fake Rolex Is The Most Accurate Yet | Watchfinder & Co

newrepper

13/6/18
I have a gen Speedmaster. It's nice but I'm still curious about a Daytona. It doesn't scratch the Daytona itch because it's nothing like it. With the Noob, you get a column wheel at $700 and a fun project to work on. Piecing a rep to look more gen is 80% of the fun to me. Much more rewarding than just paying for a completed gen imo. It's like my cars. I have a 987 Boxster and a modded 350z. My 350z gives me much more joy because I spend the time researching coilovers, sway bars, lsd, wing ,etc to go in it.
​​​

I agree, the modding is where a lot of the excitement comes from for me as well

SmartyPants

18/5/17
All in all this is bad news for us. The overall consensus was that replica watches are dogsh*t and even a layman could spot them from a plane and laugh at the owner's phony face. Most people on this forum knew they had their hands on top-notch merchandise: Soviet nuclear bombs you had to buy on a farmer's market in the outskirts of Vladivostok and in order to meet up with the seller you had to yell a password only a dozen people in this world knew at a gypsy woman's face.

Meanwhile, our colleagues at work came back from their Pattaya vacations with a piece of junk Folex. The only thing we could do was smirk and tell them that it's not a terribly bad looking watch and pat them on their limp shoulders. Little did they know that we were part of this secret society where getting 0.999:1 watches was actually a real thing. And of course we'd keep our lips sealed, and we would only tell our closest and most dignified allies about this magical train going to Hogwarts, a place only the chosen people can enter.

Even if you saw your archenemy on the street wearing your Noob Submariner V6 116610LN, he'd have no chance of proving that it wasn't actually a real watch. The only thing he'd accomplish trying was to make a donkey out of himself. Now that plausible deniability is gone.

Let's not fool yourselves guys: WatchFinder is one of the go to sources for people interested in watches and haute horology. The video hasn't even been up for two weeks and it's got close to 700k views. It's only a matter of time before everybody and their dog will know that there are almost perfect replica watches in existence. That's when you, the guy wearing a rep, will have to prove that you're actually wearing a real watch. Everywhere you go you'll be carrying a suitcase filled with fake Rolex, Tudor, Audemars Piguet and Patek Philippe certificates, frantically avoiding eye contact with people crossing your path.

The damage has been done. I'm sweating bullets as I'm typing this since the future is uncertain. The missiles have been launched. The only thing we can do is to barricade ourselves in our bunkers and hope for the best. Or better yet: pray to our Gods in China for a complete breakdown of the internet and social media. Barring WeChat of course.

kopite81

2/12/18
Buy Noob and Franken it

6437ebc232949d1ba85c5b03548ac935.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
40094aabd63c94db6bf133932e2587ca.jpg

Lil guy still pulls comments every time I wear it!

I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
Blown up for Raquel Welch.
But when I wind up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Let's not fool yourselves guys: WatchFinder is one of the go to sources for people interested in watches and haute horology. The video hasn't even been up for two weeks and it's got close to 700k views. It's only a matter of time before everybody and their dog will know that there are almost perfect replica watches in existence. That's when you, the guy wearing a rep, will have to prove that you're actually wearing a real watch. Everywhere you go you'll be carrying a suitcase filled with fake Rolex, Tudor, Audemars Piguet and Patek Philippe certificates, frantically avoiding eye contact with people crossing your path.

And yet their Submariner comparison video has been up for over 2 years and nothing has happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: spacedinvader

Jbrahm

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/18
Noob no mods, just enjoy
9ee690a2e8f482a3cf09508e8721b8e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Haha, much rather put the money of a gen daytona in a PORSCHE anyday

@muiramas I wouldn't say it did nothing. It made me buy a Noob immediately haha

Last edited: