• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona: This Fake Rolex Is The Most Accurate Yet | Watchfinder & Co

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
<<Avid watch collectors would undoubtedly look down at someone sporting a fake like this, but would the rest of us really care? >>

I really like his view :)

Reactions: therevenant

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
I was always on arf side before this video and now im so close to buy noob :rofl:

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Not good for our hobby..... it was nice when they thought we were just playing with canal street type reps..... now they see what we are really playing with!

There is a guy who put a video about RWI on YouTube recently showing pages from the site , flicking round the forums , showing the M2M section and showing how to join . It had been up for weeks by the time i noticed it . I didn't notice how many views it had . It looks like it has now been made private now (soon after i watched it) but his subscribers can still see it . His channel is about replica watches he is obviously a member on here . I don't think that is cricket or good for the hobby either ( or am i wrong ?) !

Last edited:

therevenant

20/9/18

shortlegs

31/5/19
To be honest, I think any effects of such more mainstream videos and articles are limited at best. They will all be largely forgotten a few weeks later. Someone who really wants a gen will get one, and someone who really wants a rep will get one. Won't make much if a difference I think.

therevenant

20/9/18
To be honest, I think any effects of such more mainstream videos and articles are limited at best. They will all be largely forgotten a few weeks later. Someone who really wants a gen will get one, and someone who really wants a rep will get one. Won't make much if a difference I think.
Yeah but after seeing this if you conclude that even a Chinese factory can make it one similar for 10x less money you'll want to buy a different watch. Instead of a Rolex you'll try to buy something less known or vintage because you'll know there's less good replicas of it

shortlegs

31/5/19
But a regular dude wouldn't know which brands or models have good reps and which don't. I'm still not convinced that their purchasing habits will be changed by media coverage of reps. Those who want a Rolex will buy one regardless of how good the reps are, because it is a ROLEX.

Reactions: p0pperini

shortlegs

31/5/19
Even within our community, the effects of the watchfinder video is likely transient. I remember seeing the 1st page being full of threads on Daytonas shortly after the video came out. Now it's back to the original long-standing 1-2 threads.

I for one won't be getting a Daytona rep, or any other really high end luxury pieces like Pateks and APs. These gens are so ridiculously difficult to find / expensive that anyone who sees one on my wrist will be asking where did I get it and how much I paid. Do I lie outright about it, or admit its just a rep? No thanks. I'd rather wear something more believable.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Not good for our hobby..... it was nice when they thought we were just playing with canal street type reps..... now they see what we are really playing with!

And yet we still dont have a perfect rep of Submariner. Such irony lol
btw I like this, Rolex wont play with their waiting lists soon.

therevenant

20/9/18
But a regular dude wouldn't know which brands or models have good reps and which don't. I'm still not convinced that their purchasing habits will be changed by media coverage of reps. Those who want a Rolex will buy one regardless of how good the reps are, because it is a ROLEX.

OK, but a modern Rolex and a vintage Rolex have totally different reputations and I think the replica world somehow is linked to it.

If you listen to the guys in Hodinkee, they always talk about how "flashy"/luxurious Rolex watches are now. Before they were tool watches...

therevenant

20/9/18
The intention of the video is quite clear, given the fact who published (Watchfinder & Co., a pre-owned watch seller):

1. replicas are getting better, closer to genuine
2. therefore, you have to be extremely careful
3. so, shop with someone who knows what he's doing (us, Watchfinder & Co.)

It's a commercial to himself. And rightly so.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Rolex are banning fake watches sites and videos from you tube all the time

Just wondering what they would do here? Video is still there ...

Jbrahm

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/18
Even within our community, the effects of the watchfinder video is likely transient. I remember seeing the 1st page being full of threads on Daytonas shortly after the video came out. Now it's back to the original long-standing 1-2 threads.

I for one won't be getting a Daytona rep, or any other really high end luxury pieces like Pateks and APs. These gens are so ridiculously difficult to find / expensive that anyone who sees one on my wrist will be asking where did I get it and how much I paid. Do I lie outright about it, or admit its just a rep? No thanks. I'd rather wear something more believable.

That's one way to look at it. The way I look at it is there's almost no chance of finding another genuine watch that sells for the price of the Noob Daytona that also has the same level of quality parts. The watch enthusiast in me just has to have it even if I might not be able to wear it often if I want to avoid attention. It's an admirable piece of tech. Unfortunately, the real one is $27,000 and it's not like the Noob doesn't have an interesting story

shortlegs

31/5/19
That's one way to look at it. The way I look at it is there's almost no chance of finding another genuine watch that sells for the price of the Noob Daytona that also has the same level of quality parts. The watch enthusiast in me just has to have it even if I might not be able to wear it often if I want to avoid attention. It's an admirable piece of tech. Unfortunately, the real one is $27,000 and it's not like the Noob doesn't have an interesting story

Ha, I'm not sure about the level of quality, but I would say the Omega moonwatch is just as iconic, for a fraction of the price. I love mine.

Problem with such overhyped watches like Daytonas and Nautili and Ryal Oaks, is that while I absolutely love these pieces to death, in all honesty, putting emotion aside and thinking logically, I really don't know what to do with them. If I pay the price for a gen, then I'll hardly wear it for fear of damaging it. If I get a rep, I'll also probably hardly wear it to avoid unwanted attention and the awkwardness that follows. Either way it's pretty silly to buy a watch and not wear them. That's what my head says anyway. But oh do my heart longs for them!

drmckenn

Supporter
13/11/15
Ha, I'm not sure about the level of quality, but I would say the Omega moonwatch is just as iconic, for a fraction of the price. I love mine.

Problem with such overhyped watches like Daytonas and Nautili and Ryal Oaks, is that while I absolutely love these pieces to death, in all honesty, putting emotion aside and thinking logically, I really don't know what to do with them. If I pay the price for a gen, then I'll hardly wear it for fear of damaging it. If I get a rep, I'll also probably hardly wear it to avoid unwanted attention and the awkwardness that follows. Either way it's pretty silly to buy a watch and not wear them. That's what my head says anyway. But oh do my heart longs for them!

Totally agree.
That’s why I like to get less popular watches as reps. Avoid unwanted attention.

Sent from the RWI App

Jbrahm

30/10/18

I have a gen Speedmaster. It's nice but I'm still curious about a Daytona. It doesn't scratch the Daytona itch because it's nothing like it. With the Noob, you get a column wheel at $700 and a fun project to work on. Piecing a rep to look more gen is 80% of the fun to me. Much more rewarding than just paying for a completed gen imo. It's like my cars. I have a 987 Boxster and a modded 350z. My 350z gives me much more joy because I spend the time researching coilovers, sway bars, lsd, wing ,etc to go in it.
​​​

Reactions: kopite81