• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona: This Fake Rolex Is The Most Accurate Yet | Watchfinder & Co

6Speed

Looking Around
13/5/19
New guy here. Hello all! First, incredible forum, incredible information congrats to all. My story quickly... Many year owner of multiple gen Rolex models not pretentious just loved the look for myself. Happened to walk into the local AD and wandered past the Rolex display and bingo there's a 2 tone Daytona so I take a look. Immediately blown away. Thinking why did I never pick one of these up before? So how much? Seriously? No way. So I research the preowned market and end up selling/trading a few that I could live without on an unworn one for 4500 off retail. All happy. Love it. But now I'm smitten. Gotta get a stainless, cheaper right?? Wrong. Double. WTF. More research and I come across RWI. THE BEST. Thanks guys. My NOOB Daytona in the process and I've got an extra 20 G's to boot.

shortlegs

31/5/19
Guys have ever thought that the replicas favor the big brands in some way? The best marketing that brands have are us "the consumers", the more people use a product, the more people want that product ... Seen from another point of view, more replicas equals higher sales of original watches.

The big brands, not only watch brands (clothes, jewelry,etc..) are so powerful that they can finish with the rep world, but they don´t do it for the simple reason of winning free publicity for their brand.

So don´t worry that the rep world will end soon, maybe will end some day, but not as soon as we think.

I'm more of the mindset that replicas continue to exist because China is not bothering to shut it down, and all these large watch brands can't do anything about it. (Thank god for that...)

I don't think having reps flood the market is good marketing or publicity or any luxury brand.

kopite81

2/12/18
There is no such watch as a V2.2 - This is only a definition of a slight tweak in dial that we have named V2.2

When you buy the watch off the TD you will get a V2

Dissquared

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
24/1/17
Most of Rolex’s customers are not interested in buying a fake watch and they never will be. Same for any luxury brand.

A fake is a fake - and to the Watchfinder guys point, the experience of wearing a fake vs gen is totally different regardless of how similar they look.

i completely agree! But crazy how close they are right now!

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Lol i think he got screwed up - paying 1000£ for a Noob Daytona hahahaha :rofl:

But a very good comparison video and interesting :)

Pierre Le Trek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/3/19
UK
I wonder how many enquiries PT and other TD's are getting for this watch after the YT vid and this discussion. I bet they have a backlog of emails to answer. Would be interesting to know!

I don't think the YT video of the Daytona will have any real effect on the rep world.

Its just another video which has garnered interest and will be forgotten about by most people. The few that are interested in getting a rep of this quality will have been swayed against a purchase by the final comments made in the video. 1. the cost and 2. you will never sell it on. I am new to the rep world and 6 months ago I could have possibly watched this and thought............'no point in getting a rep at this price (£1000) especially if I will be stuck with it'. Now after months of research and help on here I know different, but not many people will put the time and effort in to find out.
Just a thought from me!

Reactions: therevenant

therevenant

20/9/18
I wonder how many enquiries PT and other TD's are getting for this watch after the YT vid and this discussion. I bet they have a backlog of emails to answer. Would be interesting to know!

I don't think the YT video of the Daytona will have any real effect on the rep world.

Its just another video which has garnered interest and will be forgotten about by most people. The few that are interested in getting a rep of this quality will have been swayed against a purchase by the final comments made in the video. 1. the cost and 2. you will never sell it on. I am new to the rep world and 6 months ago I could have possibly watched this and thought............'no point in getting a rep at this price (£1000) especially if I will be stuck with it'. Now after months of research and help on here I know different, but not many people will put the time and effort in to find out.
Just a thought from me!

I tend to agree...

HOWEVER, Watchfinder is one of the most respected youtube channels (if such a thing exists) and, more importantly, the cinematographic quality is at a very high level, showing awesome macros.

Those macros show how good the replica is. Like his video 2 years ago on the submariner, this is an excellent "free" commercial for the noob factory.

Like many already stated, I don't think the dude from watchfinder did research on this forums, because you can easily sell replica watches (even parts of it).

So yeah... I agree with you.

shortlegs

31/5/19
Perhaps it's less of him not doing his research, and more of he has to paint some negative points about owning a rep. So while the whole resale thing may not be true to us in the know, to the rest of the people outside this community, it sounds like a perfectly reasonable point against owning a rep.

The video has the sole purpose of scaring the viewers into how close reps are, and why they should approach a trusted reseller of used luxury watches like watchfinder.com, and finishes off with why despite all these people should still go for a gen rather than a rep.

EunosMX5

Known Member
14/2/19
Wonder if there's any chance at a Noob 116509 with the blue dial. I see the dial on some fantasy 116519 but it's meant to be on a bracelet/SS bezel imo. Unfortunately, I doubt they'd ever make this and the only answer right now is to Franken. Might just sell my ARF 116500 and pick up a Noob of the same version, since this video has made me really pine for a full chrono 4130 now.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17

Just a thought from me!

I agree. It wont make much of a difference.
The Submariner video which he mentions at the start went out 2 1/2 years ago.
It didn't change a thing and the Sub is way more popular.

Kwigyboo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/18
USA
Just saw a Gizmodo article highlighting this video. Not a good look...