• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona: This Fake Rolex Is The Most Accurate Yet | Watchfinder & Co

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
Great video though. But he clearly doesn’t follow m2m sales if he thinks I need luck to sell my noob! And how do I feel looking at my noob? Pretty fucking good

To be fair, if one of us paid 1000 GBP for a Noob 116500, even a v2.2 white dial, we'd be hard pressed to sell for what we paid, lol

Reactions: Itto and Nivka

Redjack2k

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/3/19
USA
honestly to me it's not worth paying 15k usd or wait 3 to 5 years for gen hulk when the msrp is 9k. About 3-4 years ago my AD offered me a hulk, but I didn't take it (silly me...)

Now I'm building a franken for 3k and waiting for a gen hulk at msrp, which together is still less than the used markup.

With that said, I then can leave the gen hulk at home and still wear my franken and beat on it.

Also, the learning curve is much different in this community. I have learned so much here in the past couple of years that I would've never known in the gen community. with the knowledge acquired here, I actually appreciate my gen and this community more and actually know the difference between the two. It's the knowledge that you can't find elsewhere besides here!

Totally agree! On the one hand it's a great accomplishment for oneself to get a Gen Rolex I just feel that that demographic sometimes gets full of itself. On the Rolex Forum these guys are complaining that everyone and their dog now has a Rolex and lament the Brand's accessibility and dilution yet in the next breath brag that they "got to the front of the line" for a Daytona by only having to buy both a DateJust AND a Root Beer GMT and only had to pay 2x over retail for the SS Daytona. FTW!

Sorry had to rant about some of these Rolex ADs compelling a client to buy more than they want just to get the Daytona. The cost of doing business I suppose.

As everyone is echoing here the rep community knows so much more and that in turn makes us appreciate the reps (and the gems they REPresent) more. For now I'm sticking with reps. Plus I simply don't have the kind of cashflow a Gen AD commands!

Thus endeth rant.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

therevenant

20/9/18
No thats not it.the watch in the vid is the noob ceramic with the clone calibre that watch.ypu linked is the same pretty much but with steel bezel
Thanks.

Do you have the link for the one in the video?

I cannot find it...

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
EXACTLY !

Some idiots on here even opened a youtube channel educating people about noob etc ..

There are no secrets anymore. Years ago, you had to wade into any business or any hobby the old fashioned way: we had to screw up and learn the hard way. We still have to do that but now there is a video or article that explains every industry and every business and every hobby. Information is so accessible today that’s it’s just silly.

Yes, it sucks to have this hobby on display and beings scrutinized (and commented on) by everyone, but hopefully the benefits outweigh the risks. I think it’s safe to say that the ship has sailed. lol. People know how good reps can be. They’ve known for a while now.

Reactions: SmartyPants

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
I was going to go for a SS submariner ARF now don't know what to do... :( Anyone has both Sub and Daytona and can comment on owning one vs. the other?

Get both, ARF sub and Noob Daytona. I have both of the Noob version, for the sub, maker doesnt matter. You may as well get a working chrono for the Daytona.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
It's a shame this hobby is wide out in the open with vids like that.and members posting all the tells in the comments section stating the maker etc etc.defo spoils it and pisses me off guess thats thr times we live in now with all this youtube bullshit ,I pretty much only buy rolex and Tudor gens now such a shame smh I saw this vid the min it was uploaded by watchfinder and clicked dislike immediately lol

Last edited:

shortlegs

31/5/19
I don't think it was avoidable. When a community gets big enough word will spread, with or without such a video.

But the industry will still go strong regardless, as long as China continues to not regulate and police their replica manufacturers. Meanwhile, people like us benefit!

Reactions: Pietros

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I don't think it was avoidable. When a community gets big enough word will spread, with or without such a video.

But the industry will still go strong regardless, as long as China continues to not regulate and police their replica manufacturers. Meanwhile, people like us benefit!

Let's see for now.but this forum rwi is massive and the best and the only one that alive still and going strong cough cough rg ;)

Last edited:

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
It's a shame this hobby is wide out in the open with vids like that.and members posting all the tells in the comments section stating the maker etc etc.defo spoils it and pisses me off guess thats thr times we live in now with all this youtube bullshit ,I pretty much only buy rolex and Tudor gens now such a shame smh I saw this vid the min it was uploaded by watchfinder and clicked dislike immediately lol

Its the times we live in bro. People have to put their comments under every damn thing online.. they must tell their opinion to everyone - no matter if it is valid or pointless. Heck i guess i am doing the same right now :)

Sometimes i wish we still had only landlines and fax machines.

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
Guys have ever thought that the replicas favor the big brands in some way? The best marketing that brands have are us "the consumers", the more people use a product, the more people want that product ... Seen from another point of view, more replicas equals higher sales of original watches.

The big brands, not only watch brands (clothes, jewelry,etc..) are so powerful that they can finish with the rep world, but they don´t do it for the simple reason of winning free publicity for their brand.

So don´t worry that the rep world will end soon, maybe will end some day, but not as soon as we think.

Last edited:

Mushroom

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
22/10/18
1000gBP? Wow. I had no idea people sold watches on here as well. I always thought once you bought you was stuck with it. Educational day for Mushroom

Berike

6/2/19
Is this Daytona, the Noob v2.2? I tried to find it at inTime and PureTime, didn't find any description about the v2.2, what TD is selling it?

Reactions: therevenant