• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona: This Fake Rolex Is The Most Accurate Yet | Watchfinder & Co

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
is noob daytona better than arf?

the Noob has the best movement, and with a couple tweaks you get the best you can get. way better than ARF inside, and can be just as good on the outside easily. it's been talked about it a lot, you just have to check the threads to know more

TonySoprano1

12/6/13
Here's hoping Noob invest some money into the finishing of the v2.2. Serious money, because here are the majority of tells for the whole world to see in 4K.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
The last five seconds perfectly sum why I despise the gen community. What a pile of crockshit. You know when did I felt really well about dishing out a big amount of money? When I bought my first house. I gave my family a home where my daughter and son grew up (and we'll soon move onto another one). "A reward for your hard work", "you feel it's a genuine", and all that snobby stuff just encourages me to stay buying replicas (and the occasional Ginault) and keep my hard earned money for more important stuff (essentially my family's wellbeing).

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
The last five seconds perfectly sum why I despise the gen community. What a pile of crockshit. You know when did I felt really well about dishing out a big amount of money? When I bought my first house. I gave my family a home where my daughter and son grew up (and we'll soon move onto another one). "A reward for your hard work", "you feel it's a genuine", and all that snobby stuff just encourages me to stay buying replicas (and the occasional Ginault) and keep my hard earned money for more important stuff (essentially my family's wellbeing).

I agree 100%. I'm an owner of several gen Rolex's and over the years have flipped over 15 genuine pieces and I know exactly what you mean in regards to the snobbery. I personally have seen many people in the gen community buying them to "show" off and to display wealth on Instagram and other social media content providers - however in the real world they have not yet bought a house or not yet stable financially however go out and buy a $20k+ SS watch that is double MSRP. I would never understand that fact.

I would think the feeling of buying a watch would never outweigh the feeling of security and buying a house or another item that would support and bring up a family over a stupid watch. Oh well how times have changed. I say goodluck to them. I know personally deep down that if I was actually not setup in other aspects of my life and I bought a watch I would feel empty and pretty stupid actually deep inside.

TonySoprano1

12/6/13

I can see both sides.

10 years ago when I started collecting you could just walk into an AD and buy any steel Rolex (Daytona aside)
You were however a fool if you did that because on the Rolex Forums you could get them cheaper.
Now those guys who did go gen all those years ago are sitting on a fantastic investment, bought for next to nothing.

As much as I love my reps, there is nothing like wearing the gen.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I can see both sides.

10 years ago when I started collecting you could just walk into an AD and buy any steel Rolex (Daytona aside)
You were however a fool if you did that because on the Rolex Forums you could get them cheaper.
Now those guys who did go gen all those years ago are sitting on a fantastic investment, bought for next to nothing.

As much as I love my reps, there is nothing like wearing the gen.

Ehm... I bought a 2 bedroom house in London. Do you really want to compare investment returns with some nice chunk of steel that does tick tock, mate?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

Bingo.

My next generation will be happy that they are left some property and other assets instead of a Patek.

My reward for working hard is not a piece of man jewellery and making some old rich Swiss men even richer.

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18

100%, buying a home is and feels way more accomplishing than buying an overpriced piece of stainless steel.

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
100%, buying a home is and feels way more accomplishing than buying an overpriced piece of stainless steel.

And, honestly, I can't think of a scenrio where you would choose the watch ofer the deposit for ANOTHER house, lol. Get a second one, quick refurbish, rent it and someone else will pay the mortgage for you (plus some extra cash, probably). And if you want to feel good when looking at your wrist...

...well, that's what these replicas are for! (^_^ )

V8fXQF.jpg

Reactions: Giellea

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
And, honestly, I can't think of a scenrio where you would choose the watch ofer the deposit for ANOTHER house, lol. Get a second one, quick refurbish, rent it and someone else will pay the mortgage for you (plus some extra cash, probably). And if you want to feel good when looking at your wrist...

...well, that's what these replicas are for! (^_^ )

V8fXQF.jpg
I'd be doing that right now but I live in a pro tenant state so it's not worth the risk for me unfortunately. Have a friend who's currently renting out a multi family home and it's nothing but headaches for him.

I thought it's all about the video now I'm reading some HOUSES and BEDS involved =D
I splurged on a Sterns and Foster mattress, highly recommend getting a good mattress lol.

Reactions: BlackJaguar

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
To stay a bit on topic...

Oh dear lord the genuine luxury watch community. OH GOD. They make me cringe so much, really, honestly. The classic WUS guys that collect microbrands, vintage Seikos, etc, are really great guys usually, and love their hobby. I have several friends on that side and I must admit I enjoy reading reviews on that level.

But then you have the "luxury collectors". And boy oh boy they are quite an obnoxious bunch, usually. As peterpl very rightly pointed, most of them buy these tiny mechanical engineering marvels just to show off, with absolute zero interest in how many hours of expertise are behind them. One thing I find very funny that defines our community with them:

Scenario 1. You show your Rolex to a rep-fan (or nice WUS collector). Reaction: "Nice! Look at that recessed SEL! Is that the one with the fully cloned movement, with column wheel and vertical clutch? Can I press the chrono pusher? Apparently is a completely different feel than cam actuated. Look at that thickness!" (And so on)

Scenario 2. You show your Rolex to a "luxury collector". Reaction: "Nice! ...how much?".

shortlegs

31/5/19
Agreed. There are watch lovers and enthusiasts who don't get to own one but are instead placed on the wait list for what seems like forever, while gens are being sold by the bucketloads to those who buy just for the purposes of flaunting and couldn't care to know anything about the watches they are wearing.

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Conclusion: you can buy a very nice vertical clutch + column wheel chrono for $650. The only drawback is that it says Rolex on the dial. Or you can buy several Datejusts and Day Dates at an Authorised Dealer, so they can allow you to get into a 5 years waiting list for an already overpriced Daytona. I know what would be my choice...