• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona: This Fake Rolex Is The Most Accurate Yet | Watchfinder & Co

lucyg00se

Known Member
4/4/18
Guys this is bad. Most people still think reps are canal street that say Folex and "if it ticks its fake, if it sweeps its gen" Many times ive handed my reps to friends only to have them say "oh its definately real it sweeps and feels solid, a fake would tick" etc...Gen owners and purists watch this channel and will be pissed and draw unnecessary attention

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
Guys this is bad. Most people still think reps are canal street that say Folex and "if it ticks its fake, if it sweeps its gen" Many times ive handed my reps to friends only to have them say "oh its definately real it sweeps and feels solid, a fake would tick" etc...Gen owners and purists watch this channel and will be pissed and draw unnecessary attention

Yeah I'd be pissed too if I paid over $15,000 for a hulk on the secondary market to find out that there's frankens going for under 6k and pretty decent factory reps for $500

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
All the gen owners and forum guys are on the rep forums. They need to be educated on the rep quality if its their business.

We shouldn't be so naive to think that they are not. i know personally a few gray dealers in HK/Malaysia that are on this forum daily. They use it to check certain fakes and not only that they also buy reps themselves to try out.

Guys from Rolex HQ or whatever would browse here as well. These forums are very easy to find. Reps these days have gotten so good its very hard to justify $20k+ for a Daytona when you can get a Noob clone for $600-$700.

Last edited:

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Most of Rolex’s customers are not interested in buying a fake watch and they never will be. Same for any luxury brand.

A fake is a fake - and to the Watchfinder guys point, the experience of wearing a fake vs gen is totally different regardless of how similar they look.

[/QUOTE

Here is a comment on one of the posts about this video in one of the Rolex groups

Mod edit

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: centrum

Scoobiedooo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/3/19
Uk
I think watchmaster have shot themselves in the foot showing that video. A respectable watch dealer admitting how good a rep is of one of the most highly inflated and sought after watches on the planet will definitely sway some into buying a rep instead of a gen.

Reactions: SBM and pjp19

lucyg00se

Known Member
4/4/18
I see people buying Noob Daytonas and flipping them for $1K+. "Watch the WM vid, he says its cost 1000 pounds"

Reactions: opus42

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
I think watchmaster have shot themselves in the foot showing that video. A respectable watch dealer admitting how good a rep is of one of the most highly inflated and sought after watches on the planet will definitely sway some into buying a rep instead of a gen.

Watch Finder is owned by Richemont (a competitor of Rolex). I'm sure they're not too worried about hurting Rolex's business.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Should make us feel good about owning our Noob Daytonas. Think I'll order another one, it is rep history after all.

Reactions: sn95

MadWatcher

Known Member
20/3/19
I want to buy a gen 116500LN but was not willing to pay double the retail price on the grey market for one. I'm willing to pay more then retail but not at extortion rates.

After almost 3 years and the local AD telling me I basically will never get one from any of them, I gave up and just bought the best rep Daytona that was available which was the Noob V2 with the updated dial. It's my first and only rep watch I own. It's the same version watch they are using in the video.

I still want a gen white ceramic Daytona if I can find one at a decent price. But at this time I don't really care anymore and the whole buying a gen Rolex situation left a bad impression for me on the whole brand. I never thought about buying a rep watch before but Rolex made me do it. :rofl:

Last edited:

csalt

Horology Curious
29/10/18
I want to buy a gen 116500LN but was not willing to pay double the retail price on the grey market for one. I'm willing to pay more then retail but not at extortion rates.

After almost 3 years and the local AD telling me I basically will never get one from any of them, I gave up and just bought the best rep Daytona that was available which was the Noob V2 with the updated dial. It's my first and only rep watch I own. It's the same version watch they are using in the video.

I still want a gen white ceramic Daytona if I can find one at a decent price. But at this time I don't really care anymore and the whole buying a gen Rolex situation left a bad impression for me on the whole brand. I never thought about buying a rep watch before but Rolex made me do it. :rofl:

I'm close to buying a noob too. I'd like a Daytona but it would just a be fun watch and spending 20K plus takes a lot of the fun out of it. I have a gen sub for rough wear and when I need the water resistance.

soupy

Horology Curious
2/6/19
New to this forum after watching this vid and spent a few hours reading up on some of the Noob vs ARF Daytona threads and I'm seriously considering picking one of these up tonight. I've been on the sidelines hoping to get a Gen Daytona-C from an AD for the past 3 years now and the secondary prices keep rocketing higher every month (now ~$25k USD). I'm sure many here would buy the Gen without hesitation if they could get one at MSRP, but it's Rolex's fault for not understanding the concept of producing enough for demand minus 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: erekose

MrOptional

8/10/18
I was going to go for a SS submariner ARF now don't know what to do... :( Anyone has both Sub and Daytona and can comment on owning one vs. the other?

Andreb

21/3/18
Italia
When do you know Noob will get out the 2.2 versions of other daytona models respect to those avalaible now?

VaderTime

9/10/17
honestly to me it's not worth paying 15k usd or wait 3 to 5 years for gen hulk when the msrp is 9k. About 3-4 years ago my AD offered me a hulk, but I didn't take it (silly me...)

Now I'm building a franken for 3k and waiting for a gen hulk at msrp, which together is still less than the used markup.

With that said, I then can leave the gen hulk at home and still wear my franken and beat on it.

Also, the learning curve is much different in this community. I have learned so much here in the past couple of years that I would've never known in the gen community. with the knowledge acquired here, I actually appreciate my gen and this community more and actually know the difference between the two. It's the knowledge that you can't find elsewhere besides here!

Last edited:

tamango

28/11/09
Agree with many of you here, this "sport" becoming mainstream is not cool, and only benefits scammers and posers

I think first thing we could do is hide the forum fron google indexing, I came across the video on youtube, out of curiosity, copied the url and did a google search, et voila! second result was this post

Last edited:

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Agree with many of you here, this "sport" becoming mainstream is not cool, and only benefits scammers and posers

I think first thing we could do is hide the forum fron google indexing, I came across the video on youtube, out of curiosity, copied the url and did a google search, et voila! second result was this post

They didn't find this watch to review by surfing here... given the price paid they didn't use any TD here, so they have other channels and connection to the rep world than forum.

Forums have been here a long time, they are known to the brands, they know exactly what is happening here, we are not the threat nor the target. And google index whatever they want, even if I were to put a non-indexing flag here they would still index the forum due to the high amount of traffic and outside link to it.

Once it's on the internet, it's for everyone to see !

Reactions: sn95