• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

YM 116622 40mm - need fast advice

kurtvado

24/8/15
Dear fellow members

I'm total newbie when it comes to Rollie. I'm just in the position placing an order for a Omega CrPO before my brother in law wants a YM - and I need to place the order ASAP if Im going to get my watch before vacation!

Just made some research but I dont have the time to make deeply researching as I dont have much time :-(

I know this is a forum where you make the research before you seek and make qualified questions and answers but
Im hoping that fellow members will help a member in need.

I know that smoke is one of the member who got tthe right knowledge.

From what I read is that:

- ARF is no better than Noob and GMF
- Noob blue dial is way off why GMF is better
- Grey dial = Noob
- If 904L steel = GMF

so my question will be:

Which one too pull the trigger for if dial color doesnt matter but overall quality is most important? What Im thinking here is 316L vs 904L vs A2824 vs A2836?

These models dont have Rolex clone movement and thats fine as no mods will be done.

No mods will be done

Any answers will be appreciated!!!

​​​​​​​Thanks in advance!!!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Buy this one without reservation. Great rep.

https://www.intime04.co/rollie/2886...t-version-gray-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a2824.html

o2N9g.jpg

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Dear fellow members

I'm total newbie when it comes to Rollie. I'm just in the position placing an order for a Omega CrPO before my brother in law wants a YM - and I need to place the order ASAP if Im going to get my watch before vacation!

Just made some research but I dont have the time to make deeply researching as I dont have much time :-(

I know this is a forum where you make the research before you seek and make qualified questions and answers but
Im hoping that fellow members will help a member in need.

I know that smoke is one of the member who got tthe right knowledge.

From what I read is that:

- ARF is no better than Noob and GMF
- Noob blue dial is way off why GMF is better
- Grey dial = Noob
- If 904L steel = GMF

so my question will be:

Which one too pull the trigger for if dial color doesnt matter but overall quality is most important? What Im thinking here is 316L vs 904L vs A2824 vs A2836?

These models dont have Rolex clone movement and thats fine as no mods will be done.

No mods will be done

Any answers will be appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Noob always for the 116622 don't worry about 904 .yes 904 does look better bit the noob looks better overall than the bp the gmf and the arf much better.noob should make the 116622 in 904 l would be nice.

Last edited:

danno7778

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/5/19
They are all very good reps. Personally, I can't see the great difference between the two grades of steel, so I would go Noob.

kurtvado

24/8/15
Dear fellow members

thank you very much for all the feedback - I really appreciate that.

Please keep up with your knowledge so other fellow members can get the same help.

I will just ask for fun: what about the platinum dial? I remember back in time when TC made some serious dials for the YM.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Dear fellow members

thank you very much for all the feedback - I really appreciate that.

Please keep up with your knowledge so other fellow members can get the same help.

I will just ask for fun: what about the platinum dial? I remember back in time when TC made some serious dials for the YM.

The new ones are not nearly as good, not as sparkly. I got one of those for my wife same time as the Rhodium one. She loves it. Let's put it this way, I'm glad that one is hers. If she ever gives it back, I'll change the dial to something different, white or black or blue.

15302811993660.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Rolesiums are very hard to capture well on camera

15332107345321.jpg

15332181805431.jpg

Last edited: