• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What STOP me from buying a REP Submariner

mottykytu

4/6/13
Please note that it is all my personal opinion so please do not flame me, I respect SUBMARIINER and its iconic design...
r5n01vv8jm821.jpg

1/ too common
Yes, sub is Iconic and many people in this Industry love it. Which make sub the most well known what in forum and you will see it any where in the wild. Even if I’m owning a Gen Sub I may feel lost of uniquness and personality owning it too

2/ factory tried not to make it perfect
As smoke said, no factories are trying to make a perfect sub. It make me really concern why bigger brand like Patek, Vacheron Constantin, even Blancpain Fity Phantom have a NWBIG or First Class and even SUPER REP, but Rolex SUB do not?
Now, It is easy to understand since the SUB is highest demand in the REPLICA industry which make it a GOLD MINE for the factories.
They do not want to make a perfect SUB that all people want to buy but they just can sell it for 1 time, they do not want the GOLD MINE to be destroy but keep it and DICK it year by year by introduce less flaws version (I’m quite sure there are common agreement between them about that)
more over this Industry make profit mostly from RE-SALE/UP-SALE the products for the same customers (since they can hardly promote or advertising to attract new customer) and by this strategy they can dick to SUB REP lover pocket every year…

3/ come out every years/month
This really an outcome of the number 2, because many factories want to produce (a litte bit) better version of SUB compare to previous ones from others factories. That war will make many better version can come in a same years. I’m quite a perfectionist and can hardly stop my self from look at a better version and not buy it…(even the better point is minor) è the problem its the better version come in every 3 months or 6 months
4/ too many Homage/rep out there
Rolex Sub is so iconic that every one want to copy from them. The problem is that from far distance my (rep) Submariner can be mistake as other cheaper Homage like GINAULT, TISELL, SQUALE, PARNIS, STEINHART (hundreds of brand to be name)
And even from close distance if people see the detail and the Rolex brand on the dial, they still ask themselves and even directly if the watch is Genuine or Fake?
That won’t happen with less popular brand like AP/Patek/Vacheron or Omega…

5/ overly charge the 904L SS
we all know that 904L have some of its advantages compare to 306l. but for the REP I do not know if it really worth to have it for about $100 more (since we do not DIVE with REP watch to much). More importantly will the look difference can be tell just by Naked eyes? And do really 904L superior to 306L ? is still a agurement even in GEN !

Well it finish here, please tell me some of your opinion…

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Agree that the Submariner is the horological equivalent of a glass of water. But there are times when only a glass of water will do. It is the most desired and famous watch in the world for many reasons, which tend to cancel out the reasons for not wanting one.

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
I have a rep ARF SUB. its not perfect, may not be a super rep but I love it! Feels great on the wrist and has good presence.

Reactions: DaleM

Mvmtaddict

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/19
It was easier to get a gen sub-c only a few years ago. But the ADs do not have them GLOBALLY. Supply and demand my friend...because it’s so hard to get, it’s more desired by ppl

topreplika

6/2/17
We share the same opinion about subs but every replica is not perfect even the NWBIGs..... I know that the price they have we are paying less than they are worth it but if you are picky person like me, than only gen can satisfy your expectation and for that my collection for now is totally gen. The only replica that meets my expectations for the moment is noob 116520 franken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cadows

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
We share the same opinion about subs but every replica is not perfect even the NWBIGs..... I know that the price they have we are paying less than they are worth it but if you are picky person like me, than only gen can satisfy your expectation and for that my collection for now is totally gen. The only replica that meets my expectations for the moment is noob 116520 franken.

Which gen parts should be changed on 116520 in your opinion? Thanks

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Lol your convincing yourself mate :D
Btw which Vacheron is nwbig or super rep im curious?

mottykytu

4/6/13
How many accounts have you got ?

2, I mistaken create it and Admin are very politely helping me to delete it. with my sincerely apologize and promise to never let it happen again in the future.

but I think it should not be what we are discussing here mate :) !

Last edited:

topreplika

6/2/17
Which gen parts should be changed on 116520 in your opinion? Thanks

IMHO It depend my friend by several things... But the immediate move for me is the thickness, for me this part better go gen, but you can put an arf gasket and crystal that is 95% as gen and is good to go. The bezel it look so fake on noob going gen is a must. Now i have to mention that if you are a picky person is not only about finding the gen dial and is a good franken, the problem is which period of dial you use... cuz if you use a earlier 116520 dial than you have to find slim hands, the watch have to be without rehaut(easy part) and you have to find a short clasp.. If you find a chromalight dial than you are correct with the noob watch but lucky if you find one down 2k....

Reactions: Seefeld and Cadows

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
IMHO It depend my friend by several things... But the immediate move for me is the thickness, for me this part better go gen, but you can put an arf gasket and crystal that is 95% as gen and is good to go. The bezel it look so fake on noob going gen is a must. Now i have to mention that if you are a picky person is not only about finding the gen dial and is a good franken, the problem is which period of dial you use... cuz if you use a earlier 116520 dial than you have to find slim hands, the watch have to be without rehaut(easy part) and you have to find a short clasp.. If you find a chromalight dial than you are correct with the noob watch but lucky if you find one down 2k....

Wow. What is the situation with panda?

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
One thing that I really cant understand is why the hell watches are not waterproof?????? It should be the easiest part!

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
One thing that I really cant understand is why the hell watches are not waterproof?????? It should be the easiest part!

What do you mean? I went swimming with all my Sub and Sea-Dweller 43mm reps from ARF or Noob.
I double checked at a watch smith and most of the times the watches were over 100m water proof. Also the td puretime sends water proof check with QC pictures :)

Reactions: Cadows