• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hulk insert

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Hi guys. Which hulk insert is closest to gen in green color and numbers engraving (depth and shape)? Exclude platinum color from your answers. TIA

Ermac

Horology Curious
25/5/19
Dunno but here’s the noob V9 with updated bezel.

b23ef36b542b2073a55659fdd875d3c6.jpg

Taken indoors at night time. Haven’t shot any in natural light yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cadows

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
The first photo is Gen “r factory” Rolex factory.

point is everyone gets caught up on the color. Looks different in every forum of light. The comparison is v9 vs gen.

i can take more if needed, I have a brand new stickered v9 bezel.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
The first photo is Gen “r factory” Rolex factory.

point is everyone gets caught up on the color. Looks different in every forum of light. The comparison is v9 vs gen.

i can take more if needed, I have a brand new stickered v9 bezel.

Bro I really dont get you. On my question you replied with genuine Rolex?

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
Bro I really dont get you. On my question you replied with genuine Rolex?

And than showed you noob to compare. To show you that it’s close and telling the difference not next to each other is very hard. So get the noob and be happy.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
And than showed you noob to compare. To show you that it’s close and telling the difference not next to each other is very hard. So get the noob and be happy.

Well now its clear thank you. But I need only bezels or just inserts. Where can I get it? I will remove plating and plate it with real platinum like R factory does ;) and put new pearl.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Loco Louie's was indeed the best color rep insert ever made. These are no longer available except as M2M and would be quite rare and expensive as few people would part with them. Louie quit the business without fulfilling many orders, ripping people off as he disappeared.

Currently, the VRF Max is the best color rep insert available. It's green is slightly lighter and more gen-like than Noob, ARF, BP, DJF. It's very hard to pick that color difference up on camera but it's there. The other thing about the VRF is that the markers don't look dull in low light or on an angle. It's the only one I've seen that has that characteristic.

VRF inserts are not available separately that I know of. I have tried several times. I still have a $60 credit from one TD from a year ago after he was unable to source one for me. Ceramic inserts are swappable among bezels, generally speaking. You don't need to buy or replace the whole bezel. In fact, trying to do so can run you into more issues with bezel gasket damage, or crystal retaining ring compatibility.

VRF insert is quite pretty, pleasing to look it. Other rep inserts made me think, "wow that is (... dark, ugly, army green, etc.)"

15569040202346.jpg

15581212463022.jpg

Last edited:

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
This is my Noob V7 with LocoLouie inser. I think it looks good but I don’t have a gen to compare it to. AFAIK no rep insert is even close to gen. You just have to be happy with one of the rep inserts out there or spend a smal fortune on a genuine Rolex insert, if you one find one that is.
be69b129458f87b96c39eb7f2c288378.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Loco Louie's was indeed the best color rep insert ever made. These are no longer available except as M2M and would be quite rare and expensive as few people would part with them. Louie quit the business without fulfilling many orders, ripping people off as he disappeared.

Currently, the VRF Max is the best color rep insert available. It's green is slightly lighter and more gen-like than Noob, ARF, BP, DJF. It's very hard to pick that color difference up on camera but it's there. The other thing about the VRF is that the markers don't look dull in low light or on an angle. It's the only one I've seen that has that characteristic.

VRF inserts are not available separately that I know of. I have tried several times. I still have a $60 credit from one TD from a year ago after he was unable to source one for me. Ceramic inserts are swappable among bezels, generally speaking. You don't need to buy or replace the whole bezel. In fact, trying to do so can run you into more issues with bezel gasket damage, or crystal retaining ring compatibility.

VRF insert is quite pretty, pleasing to look it. Other rep inserts made me think, "wow that is (... dark, ugly, army green, etc.)"

15569040202346.jpg

15581212463022.jpg

He actually kept refining that insert. He told me that he made 2.
i was lucky to get his newest inset right before he quit.
he also told me that his goal was to keep refining it till it’s 100% accurate. His next hulk insert would have refined numbers on the insert - color wise but He never made that insert.

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
I am still pretty happy with my $40 eBay insert.
Some shots in different lighting conditions, all natural - no filters:

VwYcPU.jpg

VwY0K8.jpg

VwYeY3.jpg

VwYxcb.jpg