• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I will avoid ceramic submariner/seadweller rep

Jbrahm

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/18
Have you mounted your CF bezel yet? If so, post a pic! .

OK, I finally got the CF bezel on. It feels and looks great! Better than ARF. The bezel fits tighter. The ARF bezel is quite wobbly. The teeth are sharper and grippier than the ARF teeth. The insert looks good to me. I don't have a gen to compare to at the moment. The pip glows just like the ARF markers. Time will tell whether the insert will flake too.

VN4vga.jpg

Reactions: Rolemars

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
OK, I finally got the CF bezel on. It feels and looks great! Better than ARF. The bezel fits tighter. The ARF bezel is quite wobbly. The teeth are sharper and grippier than the ARF teeth. The insert looks good to me. I don't have a gen to compare to at the moment. The pip glows just like the ARF markers. Time will tell whether the insert will flake too.

VN4vga.jpg

Thanks for the pic bro. It looks very good! Looks like you are "one click left". Here's a gen to compare to

Inserts-compare-2.jpg

Reactions: Jbrahm

shortlegs

31/5/19
Are the scallops on the CF bezel larger than the gen? The CF bezel ridges appear sharper and more aggresive.

Reactions: KJ2020

Jbrahm

30/10/18
Are the scallops on the CF bezel larger than the gen? The CF bezel ridges appear sharper and more aggresive.

It certainly is sharper and grippier than the ARF so I would think that is closer to gen. I would have to find a gen to compare.

Keniath

16/9/16
Upper Austria, Linz

VN4vga.jpg

who sells these bezels and inserts?

shortlegs

31/5/19
It certainly is sharper and grippier than the ARF so I would think that is closer to gen. I would have to find a gen to compare.

I went and looked at the CF thread. In the photo comparison it does seem too sharp compared to a gen.

Jbrahm

30/10/18
I went and looked at the CF thread. In the photo comparison it does seem too sharp compared to a gen.

I feel like ARF is too smooth. Like CF is a sharpened gen bezel and an ARF is a very polished gen bezel. Imo I think people may just confuse this for manufacturing variance if they did not know it was a replica. Flaking paint is a big issue tho. I'll have to see how well the CF holds up. I don't want to ruin it right away though by immediately trying to wash and rub it off

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
For me it’s spongebob or nothing. I have 2 subs with his insert and they look amazing, visually VERY close to gen......However I do have a ARF sd43 but I use the dawn dish soap and toothbrush method for cleaning. Had it a while now regular wear and no issues. Even gen inserts need cleaned, but if you think about it the rep inserts are usually deeper engraved and theoretically trap more dirt oil ect, so a good cleaning once a month or so may go along way. Just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sn95 and KJ2020

Jbrahm

30/10/18
For me it’s spongebob or nothing. I have 2 subs with his insert and they look amazing, visually VERY close to gen......However I do have a ARF sd43 but I use the dawn dish soap and toothbrush method for cleaning. Had it a while now regular wear and no issues. Even gen inserts need cleaned, but if you think about it the rep inserts are usually deeper engraved and theoretically trap more dirt oil ect, so a good cleaning once a month or so may go along way. Just my .02

I will go that route next time. I literally just ordered a prof crystal. Wasn't sure how easy member transactions would be.

shortlegs

31/5/19

Sorry if this is beginning to be OT. I know Spongebob inserts have great reviews, and they do look great, but does anyone have any long-term reviews on them? Do they fade significantly after some time?

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
They won’t fade as they are platinum sputter very similar to gen. It’s not paint. I’ve had one for going on a yr and a half ish and not one sign of fading. Again it’s Gen then Spongebob right behind it, then miles away are the rep inserts. ARF and Clean factory are good, but no where near SB level

Reactions: Jbrahm and KJ2020

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
My Noob V7 Sub with Spongebob mod has also turned darker after a few month.

Jbrahm

30/10/18
They won’t fade as they are platinum sputter very similar to gen. It’s not paint. I’ve had one for going on a yr and a half ish and not one sign of fading. Again it’s Gen then Spongebob right behind it, then miles away are the rep inserts. ARF and Clean factory are good, but no where near SB level

Oh geez. I should have bought a Spongebob then. That's on my to do list now. This hobby is WAAAAYYYYYY too addicting. Just a couple hundred dollars here. Another over there. I've literally just stopped spending money on cars and audio equipment too.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Oh geez. I should have bought a Spongebob then. That's on my to do list now. This hobby is WAAAAYYYYYY too addicting. Just a couple hundred dollars here. Another over there. I've literally just stopped spending money on cars and audio equipment too.

That is the problem, we are all chasing perfection but there will never be perfection. IMHO certain mods are for self satisfaction. If I had an ARF or NOOB Sub-C I would love to look at a SB insert and gen crystal. I would not need any other mods.

Reactions: XpanzerX and Jbrahm

Dr4k0

Horology Curious
24/10/16
Kind of a noob question, but where can I acquire a Spongebob insert??

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17

Thats right. I have the Spongebob mod on my Loco Louie LV insert (which is closest if not exact color as gen) and Deepsea. No fading or anything. Yup, did both the pool and ocean. It also has that very subtle faint peach color that you can only get with real platinum. Any future watch insert will get the same treatment. It's not really optional :)

20180122-125143.jpg

w4.jpg

Reactions: XpanzerX

VaderTime

9/10/17
Thats right. I have the Spongebob mod on my Loco Louie LV insert (which is closest if not exact color as gen) and Deepsea. No fading or anything. Yup, did both the pool and ocean. It also has that very subtle faint peach color that you can only get with real platinum. Any future watch insert will get the same treatment. It's not really optional :)

20180122-125143.jpg

w4.jpg

That looks god damn good!

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Exactly. Buying a rep implies you are willing to delude yourself. So why cheat yourself from being completely deluded? I try not to, I guess that means you could say I'm delusional, haha.

LOL. Nicely put.

Reactions: KJ2020